Lt. Commander
# 621
01-20-2012, 05:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Englebert
I never had any reason to change the way it came. I hit the ground running and never had to waste any amount of time trying to set it up like I did in STO.

I never had abilities misfire in TOR they weren't ready to be activated. I never had the problems that STO UI did. Many of STO ability's wouldn't fire a lot. You could actually push a ability twice in STO and it would deactivate it and not fire then you would have to wait on the cool down.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-pu...ationalization
Lt. Commander
# 622
01-20-2012, 06:58 AM
I've still yet to en****er the mountain of issues in SWTOR that some people are claiming are present. Sure there are a few things that could do with tweaking, but some people are making out that the game is completely unplayable, which simply sin't true. My only guess is that some of the poeple making complaints are reading the forums and piling all the complaints together and talking about them (without actually checking to see if they are true or not).

For example,the new PvP drama, people are going ape that killing some defensive turrets was giving PvP honor, well, after been at that location in a raid (totally unaware of the issue as it was my first time PvPing there by chance) alot of the things people have complained about 'DID NOT' happen. Instead you are getting a few people making assumptions that arn't correct, then everyone jumps onboard complaining about something they havn't confirmed or know about. I'm glad they fixed the turrets to stop the spawn camping though :-)

Both games (STO and SWTOR) certainly have thier own niche audiances, and both have features the other doesn't, but I'm really thinking some of the abuse towards SWTOR here is completely uninformed, especially people saying there is nothing to do endgame, I've been max level for 3 weeks now and still have a huge ammount of content of planets to get though, as well as dailies to get better gear and instances to upgrade my other gear further, I still have half the codexes to find as well! I'm certainly having no issues finding stuff to do, so I'm really surprised some people are making such claims (ironically many of those people probably havn't even hit max level in SWTOR either).

As for Post Purchase Rationalisation, I spent far more on STO with 3 Collectors editions (for what I believed were 'exclusive' pre-order bonuses) as well as the LTS. I got max level in less than a week in STO and then found i had nothing to do! That was a Post Purchase Rationalisation moment! I've yet to feel that with SWTOR. Time will tell however..... :-)
Lt. Commander
# 623
01-20-2012, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTWinters
I got an email yesterday to pick up a "Founder" title from my in -game email, but when I went in, there was nothing. how disapointing.
Did you get through with your free 30 days from game purchase yet? It's basically a 31 day vet reward to put it in STO terms.

Also it says on the page that says how to qualify: (NOTE: It may take up to 7 days for the "Founder" title to be applied).
Lt. Commander
# 624
01-20-2012, 08:38 AM
hmm, count counting counter encounter!
Lt. Commander
# 625
01-20-2012, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornet331 View Post
A lot of people here use it too when speaking on STO's faults. So point is?
Lt. Commander
# 626
01-20-2012, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suricata View Post
I've still yet to en****er the mountain of issues in SWTOR that some people are claiming are present. Sure there are a few things that could do with tweaking, but some people are making out that the game is completely unplayable, which simply sin't true. My only guess is that some of the poeple making complaints are reading the forums and piling all the complaints together and talking about them (without actually checking to see if they are true or not).

For example,the new PvP drama, people are going ape that killing some defensive turrets was giving PvP honor, well, after been at that location in a raid (totally unaware of the issue as it was my first time PvPing there by chance) alot of the things people have complained about 'DID NOT' happen. Instead you are getting a few people making assumptions that arn't correct, then everyone jumps onboard complaining about something they havn't confirmed or know about. I'm glad they fixed the turrets to stop the spawn camping though :-)
If you look at some of the posts on TOR, it's funny to see some of the DEVs have stepped in to tell some posters that they are out and out lying and that they either haven't been barred or they haven't had roll backs as they claim.

Before the Devs come in, other posters are taking the Ops at their word and claiming it's outrageous and BW sucks etc. So yes, there is definately a general "group hypnosis" on the TOR forums that if someone says something is wrong, everyone seems to agree and are whipped up into a frenzy.

I too haven't had any issues at all and the only bug I have seen is this graphical issue of a green like shield on Tatooine. Nothing has prevented my enjoyment to the game and they have my sub money already today.

I suppose theirs something to say in that the majority of people playing TOR don't visit any forums and just play the game, where as forum posters tend to post more negativity then possitiity...(myself included).
Lt. Commander
# 627
01-20-2012, 09:42 AM
Quote:
In another post I said I didn't buy TOR, I canceled my order. So, nice try almost..............
Lt. Commander
# 628
01-20-2012, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Heh, I was wondering what that was called. Thanks for the linky.
Lt. Commander
# 629
01-20-2012, 10:11 AM
I think everyone, including myself has suffered from that heavily at some point or another...
Lt. Commander
# 630
01-20-2012, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
More interesting news from massively:

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/01...swtor-fumbles/
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/01/20/st...overblown-say/

Touche?