Lt. Commander
# 631
01-20-2012, 11:09 AM
I love how no one really focuses on hwo TOR is now 1 month old....ONE MONTH. TOR had ot be one of the top smoothest releases in MMO history, does the game have a few faults, yes, will they get fixed / altered in the near future, seeing that this is Bioware, yes.

STO is almost two YEARS old and it's in worse shape than TOR...and yet people complain more about TOR....oh well I guess that's the mystery of the internet....common sense has no place .
Lt. Commander
# 632
01-20-2012, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
I love how no one really focuses on hwo TOR is now 1 month old....ONE MONTH. TOR had ot be one of the top smoothest releases in MMO history, does the game have a few faults, yes, will they get fixed / altered in the near future, seeing that this is Bioware, yes.

STO is almost two YEARS old and it's in worse shape than TOR...and yet people complain more about TOR....oh well I guess that's the mystery of the internet....common sense has no place .
Same people bashing were the ones saying, "STO is only been out for 6 months" excuse when it was at the 6 month mark.
Lt. Commander
# 633
01-20-2012, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post

Smoothest release? obviously we were playing different games, cos as I recall, they screwed a large number of players by allowing them to play a few days, then cutting them off unless they added a subscription, something NO company has ever done before

all other MMO's EITHER ask for sub info when you add your game code/make your account OR when your first free month ends, NOT three days into the 5 days head start
Lt. Commander
# 634
01-20-2012, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonesamurai View Post
Smoothest release? obviously we were playing different games, cos as I recall, they screwed a large number of players by allowing them to play a few days, then cutting them off unless they added a subscription, something NO company has ever done before

all other MMO's EITHER ask for sub info when you add your game code/make your account OR when your first free month ends, NOT three days into the 5 days head start
You didn't play. The 5 day headstart was 12/15-12/20 which they changed to a 7 day headstart at the most in the 11th hour making it 12/13-12/20. NOBODY had to put in the sub info until 12/22 at the latest.

So that "NOT three days into the 5 days head start" is false.

Also do you need the dates for STO? Same thing. You had to put in game code/sub info a few days after release too even if you were in the headstart. Granted Cryptic gave a week grace period while Bioware gave 2 days. But the reason Cryptic gave so much was because non-North American players had shipping issues where they didn't get their game until a week after release.
Lt. Commander
# 635
01-20-2012, 11:50 AM
TOR is a great 1 player game posing as an MMO.
Lt. Commander
# 636
01-20-2012, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelchall
STO is a good 1 player game posing as an MMO.

Sure is right as quoted too.
Lt. Commander
# 637
01-20-2012, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Also known as an OMG
Lt. Commander
# 638
01-20-2012, 11:56 AM
Supposedly there is a mass exodus of players from TOR due to the PVP imbalance.
Lt. Commander
# 639
01-20-2012, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capulet View Post
Also known as an OMG
If that's the case then STO is a "STO WTF I thought it was dead LOL"
Lt. Commander
# 640
01-20-2012, 11:57 AM
Quote:
TOR is no more single player than STO. That said, I like being able to solo if I want to, or have the choice to group.