Lt. Commander
# 701
01-21-2012, 06:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomace View Post
Forget it,

Just received some info from Cryptic.

Wont say what, only that I cannot believe how over sensitive they are.
lol. They have been known for that.
Lt. Commander
# 702
01-21-2012, 07:43 AM
Anyone else have this issue on TOR lately haha:

After finishing a warzone in "Civil War" you loose all pilot skill abilities....apparently I lost my I and II skill....so yeah...almost 100,000 cr alone for re-learning that...hopefully I get a fast ticket form their CS like most of the time.
Lt. Commander
# 703
01-21-2012, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
Interesting. i wonder if EA will be satisfied with 800K subs (200K short of what EAfinancial analysts claimed would be needed to have the game meet minimum expectations?)

of course if could indeed pull a WoW like rebound and we could see subs increase too.

If the upper guessed metric (2.2 million units with the expecttation of 75% - 90% retention - although I think 90% is a pipe dream for ANY MMO - that's 1.65 million to 1.98 million) TOR should be a winn for EA; but again, it'll be interesting to see.

Still - even at the upper bound stated in the article - that's 20% as successful as World of ******** - so, would that still make SWToR (and every other MMO released before or since WoW a virtual failure?

If it does hover around the 800K mark though, it will be interesting to see if EA considers that successful enough to continue throwing a big chunk of captial at it for content expansion.
i would be very, very careful with the subs... the daily users that log on drop and drop each day since the second week.

http://www.torstatus.net/
http://www.swtorarena.com/statistics/

They have already lost around 50% of there daily user base... and if this is an indication for there subs you know what that means.
Lt. Commander
# 704
01-21-2012, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
Interesting. i wonder if EA will be satisfied with 800K subs (200K short of what EAfinancial analysts claimed would be needed to have the game meet minimum expectations?)

of course if could indeed pull a WoW like rebound and we could see subs increase too.

If the upper guessed metric (2.2 million units with the expecttation of 75% - 90% retention - although I think 90% is a pipe dream for ANY MMO - that's 1.65 million to 1.98 million) TOR should be a winn for EA; but again, it'll be interesting to see.

Still - even at the upper bound stated in the article - that's 20% as successful as World of ******** - so, would that still make SWToR (and every other MMO released before or since WoW a virtual failure?

If it does hover around the 800K mark though, it will be interesting to see if EA considers that successful enough to continue throwing a big chunk of captial at it for content expansion.

Lastly (again assuming the Dev budget number are true SWToR had:

10 times the financial budget of STO. (200 million vs 20 million)

26.6 times the development staff (800 vs 30 - and the 30 is taken from the recent interview with Captain Gekko on a recent Podcast UGC. And it would be probablybe about 200 times the amount of voice actors 1000 vs what? 5 or 6? )

edited to add:

4 times the development time - (6 years for SWToR (they started development in 2006) vs 18 months for STO.)

(Just wanted to give a more full omparison; BUT, in the end, the only thing that matters is if you like the game and you feel it's worth what you've paid into it - be it SWToR or STO.)

Interesting thing though is: BOTH MMOs STO and SWToR have the SAME Meta Critic score when it comes to what players are posting:

SWToR User MetaCritic score 6.0 with 1385 players giving reviews (link)

STO User MetaCritic score 6.0 with 476 players giving reviews (link)

I really do hope EA gives SWToR a chance and doesn't start pulling back ro do an 'Atari' on SWToR.

(Seriously, as I'd LIKE to see Sci Fi based MMOs continue to be made.)
Seeing as how EA reportedly invested $200-$300 million into SWTOR and the game was in production for nearly 4 years i doubt greatly they will be please with less than a million subs. To put it into perspective Cryptic had 18 months from the day it acquired the Star Trek license to launch the game. It was rough when it came out, I started 2 days after launch, but the game has been overhauled and content added as time has gone one. I can promise you $200-$300 million wasn't spent on the game.

http://www.starwarsmmolevelingguide....llion-failure/

http://pc.ign.com/articles/121/1216969p1.html
Lt. Commander
# 705
01-21-2012, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornet331 View Post
i would be very, very careful with the subs... the daily users that log on drop and drop each day since the second week.

http://www.torstatus.net/
http://www.swtorarena.com/statistics/

They have already lost around 50% of there daily user base... and if this is an indication for there subs you know what that means.
What, you mean it could go F2P like STO has because its not making any money

Yep, I believe all those charts.
Lt. Commander
# 706
01-21-2012, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm-Strike
I too got my game from Origin. And they did NOT ask me to put in the credit card info before 12/22. I chose to so I can get access to my DDE items that were mostly low-level only usage anyhow except the T1 speeder. I could have waited until the 22nd at the latest like everyone else.

How their system was set up, it was step 3 or step 4 was game code while following step was sub info. You said people had to put the sub info in 3 days into the five day headstart meaning 12/18 BW said everyone enter card info. No, they said it had to be done by 12/22 which was NOT "3 days into the 5 days headstart".
I know it was a 4 step process... the point is, at no point in teh game code input did they FORCE you to add a subscription... and because of that, I should have been able to carry on for the full free month before being (in typical MMO subscription fashion) FORCED to put in a sub OR stop playing...

I got 4 days, then cut off and my FREE 30 days KEPT COUNTING DOWN!!! (<--- that is my complaint btw!)

EDIT: Oh forgot to add... I actually complain and got a FULL refund from EA though, so HAH! and whats even MORE funny about it, THEY STILL have the game code attached to my ToR account, so I could, if i ever felt stupid enough to try again, go back and sub to it WIN!
Lt. Commander
# 707
01-21-2012, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomace View Post
Yep, I believe all those charts.
It doesn't matter what you believe, the charts are just compiled informations that are provided by bioware on there sever status site.
Lt. Commander
# 708
01-21-2012, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonesamurai View Post
I got 4 days, then cut off and my FREE 30 days KEPT COUNTING DOWN!!! (<--- that is my complaint btw!)!
Pointless complaint, that. That is the norm. You pay 30 days from the date you paid. You decide to stop paying, you still get your leftover days. It doesn't stop until they stop getting money. Otherwise people might cancel their accounts over the midweek if they can only play on the weekends, turning one month into ten or fifteen months. Or from their point of view, 225 dollars into 15.

No MMO I can think of does things differently.
Lt. Commander
# 709
01-21-2012, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reave View Post
Pointless complaint, that. That is the norm. You pay 30 days from the date you paid. You decide to stop paying, you still get your leftover days. It doesn't stop until they stop getting money. Otherwise people might cancel their accounts over the midweek if they can only play on the weekends, turning one month into ten or fifteen months. Or from their point of view, 225 dollars into 15.

No MMO I can think of does things differently.
oh no, you misunderstand dear sir, I put my game code in, I got my first free month, but because I then didn't put my sub details in, my account locked up, but my FREE 30 days still kept counting down

EVERY MMO does it differently as I said above...

EITHER:

a, you put your game activation code in and on the next page (you can;t bypass it) it asks for CC details or similar for your subscription, but doesn;t charge you until after your free 30 days, even STO did when I finally added a full game code on christmas eve to my old beta account I never upgraded

or...

b, you put your game code in and get your 30 free days and at the end of that time it asks for a sub then

NONE let you play and cut you off midgame, I and MANY others on the official SWToR forums had 27 days ticking away and could not log into play and each day it kept ticking down meaning our free 30 days were being lost because we refused to put a sub in as we were never asked for one during the game activation
Lt. Commander
# 710
01-21-2012, 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonesamurai View Post
I know it was a 4 step process... the point is, at no point in teh game code input did they FORCE you to add a subscription... and because of that, I should have been able to carry on for the full free month before being (in typical MMO subscription fashion) FORCED to put in a sub OR stop playing...

I got 4 days, then cut off and my FREE 30 days KEPT COUNTING DOWN!!! (<--- that is my complaint btw!)

EDIT: Oh forgot to add... I actually complain and got a FULL refund from EA though, so HAH! and whats even MORE funny about it, THEY STILL have the game code attached to my ToR account, so I could, if i ever felt stupid enough to try again, go back and sub to it WIN!
This back and forth with us started because I commented on your statement Bioware made you enter your credit card information 3 days into the 5 day headstart. That simply was not true since 3 days into the original 5 day headstart was 12/18 and nobody had to enter sub info on 12/18. That step was after the box retail code which wasn't required until 12/22. I put mine in earlier to get the DDE items but I was not force to do it. And many I know waited until 12/22.