Lt. Commander
# 751
01-26-2012, 12:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
I dont blame him for the prequels. good or bad is subjective. Despite a few minor grumbles I love revenge of the sith. There are parts of the originals that I dont like at all.

He also tends to aim his films more towards kids and teenagers, and kids tend to love the prequels more than the adults. It could be argued that its not his fault that we who love the originals as children have just grown up.

thats not to say that he could not have done better because, in honesty he could have. there is some sloppy stuff and things that were just not needed but hindsight is a wonderful thing. No one goes out to make a bad movie but sometimes what works on paper just does not work on film.

The problem i have with lucas is the fact he changes everything. He once said that changing films was almost a crime and yet he does it himself. I know its his work but its also belongs to everybody who ever watched it and i think he a touch selfish to keep changing things even if it is his right. Just because you can does not mean you should.

Maybe if he had made them better or provided originals on every new dvd he releases but he does not. often the changes are silly or just plain bad, subjective opinion again but literally no one likes the changes. Why change han shooting first? Anyone can tell you its a waste of time and damages the character. If your going to do it then at least give people the original copy for those that dont want to rely on some ancient VCR to play the copy they love.

I feel lucas needed a partner, someone to rein him in but i think he is probably surrounded by yes men. I do feel sorry for him that he keeps getting stick but much of it is his own doing.
^^^^
This - as far as the Star Wars franchise my favorite is, and always will be the ORIGINAL release of Star Wars (without the "A New Hope" title added and the:

- "Close the blast doors! Close the blast doors!" (this line was removed from later versions)
[quicky followed by]
- "Open the blast doors!"

- Han shooting first (and last)

- NO Jabba the Hutt in the Hanger bay

BUT - in rewatching it with a more critical eye, it really dose have the same ridiculous dialog, and some other truely rediculous things on the same level with the Prequels - but when I was 14 years old and watching it in a theatre in 1977 - I didn't care; and that probably the same for the crowd that grew up seeing the remastered original films and the prequels.
Lt. Commander
# 752
01-26-2012, 12:43 AM
In my opinion the best of the original three was the second film "The Empire Strikes Back."

In regards to "Star Wars" the original, I too remember watching the original in the theaters when it first came out, by far I loved Harrison Ford role as Han Solo. He was whitty, funny, and elevated the original to a new level.

I didn't care much for Mark Hamill at the time, I thought his acting was as equally whiny as Christensen role, and the dialogue was very rough - but just watching Harrison Ford and his antics made up for it.
Lt. Commander
# 753
01-26-2012, 01:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captmack
i can tell you now that pvp in tor sucks not a bit fun
Unfortunately, i have to agree. STO's state-of-the-PVP is slightly better.
Lt. Commander
# 754
01-26-2012, 02:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
Unfortunately, i have to agree. STO's state-of-the-PVP is slightly better.
There is no hope.
Lt. Commander
# 755
01-26-2012, 02:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by piwright42 View Post
There is no hope.
I like SWTOR--and the idea of Ilum is great in theory. However, the implementation of Ilum, game-breaking design issues with it, and fewer warzones are why I prefer STO in PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 756
01-26-2012, 02:26 AM
Forgive the momentary loss of faith. It's just that as much as I enjoy the PvP here, (despite the fact that I really need to improve), they have done so little for PvP since launch it is hard to stay out of the doldrums about it.

Then there is ToR, (where I admit I have not yet PvPed, then again I barely play it but maybe two hours a week). Where the Illum fiasco leaves me less than interested and where the obvious difference between clicking an ability and seeing that ability go off is greater for a Gunslinger than for the gunslinger's polar opposite the Sniper. THis seems to be a pattern for most of the classes where the Rep side animations slow the twitch response compared to the Imp side.

Add those together and you get my prior neutral blanket statement.
Lt. Commander
# 757
01-26-2012, 03:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
I like SWTOR--and the idea of Ilum is great in theory. However, the implementation of Ilum, game-breaking design issues with it, and fewer warzones are why I prefer STO in PvP.
Is there still PVP in STO

Why compare? One is spaced based, the other is ground based. Yes, I know STO has ground based PVP, so if you want to compare PVP, then TORs Ground base PVP trounces on STOs ground based PVP.

I love TORs PVP. I haven't reached 50 yet and have no plans to rush towards it, but at the moment, taking a break from questing, I enjoy the Warzones and think they are actually quite balanced.

Also, 1 month people. Lets see what it's like in 6 months to a year. Remember STO's PVP hasn't been touched in...

How many are actually at top level now? Still not as many those still levelling, so all the Illum problems don't effect most people yet. That said, I agree from what I read, Illum is white elephant and I don't think they have thought it through before implementing it.

Won't stop me PVPing though when I get to 50
Lt. Commander
# 758
01-26-2012, 04:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post

So after all.... before the f2p build reached tribble.... I would have said "sto is still the far superior game".
This made me laugh, STO's graphics are superior but thats all.
Lt. Commander
# 759
01-26-2012, 06:24 AM
PvP in STO is sitting in a queue waiting for an hour then finally giving up from my experience. More like PvQ (player vs queue)
Lt. Commander
# 760
01-26-2012, 06:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm-Strike
PvP in STO is sitting in a queue waiting for an hour then finally giving up from my experience. More like PvQ (player vs queue)
Hah, if you haven't PvPed after the Season 2 release, you don't know what PvQ is!

And before that, back in the days, we had to walk uphill, in a hailstorm, without shoes, on broken glass, just to get into a Space PvP map. And we were happy when the odds were 15:1 against us and we blew ourselves up against the enemy's Feedback Pulse the moment we targeted him, while we were perma-stunned by Viral Matrix + Subnucleonic Beam.
Kids these days!

Mustrum "I don't know what happenened up there either, but I couldn't delete it" Ridcully