Lt. Commander
# 761
01-26-2012, 06:47 AM
Oh and all talking about the original versions not on DVD, didn't Lucas release them as bonus disks to a box set that was only on sale for like 6 months?

I see someone trying to sell the box set of that on Amazon now for 280 dollars.

But if you do the DVD rental with Netflix (not streaming) you can rent those movies.
Lt. Commander
# 762
01-26-2012, 07:01 AM
If you need to up your game in player versus player combat in SWTOR what you must do is get a heavy duty keyboard that won't break as you smash your face into it. Maybe a hockey mask. For flavor.
Lt. Commander
# 763
01-26-2012, 07:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thissler
If you need to up your game in player versus player combat in SWTOR what you must do is get a heavy duty keyboard that won't break as you smash your face into it. Maybe a hockey mask. For flavor.
BwaaaHHahahahahahaha!
Lt. Commander
# 764
01-26-2012, 02:13 PM
I love the Imperial Agent storyline except:

the anticlimatic ending where we just buzz off after defeating Hunter (on the cool side, she has a Samus-esque reveal as a woman).

Now I'm focusing on crafting but realizing that SWTOR's endgame is largely more of the same: heroic flashpoints, a couple ops, Ilum and Belsavis, warzones, etc.

Despite STO having fewer STFs, Fleet Actions, etc.--there feels like more variety in things do in STO between events, duty officers, Foundry, pvp, STFs, fleet actions, exploration dailies, etc. Some of these are wildly different too (i.e. Duty Officers have longer-term goals and progression compared to the very finite Crew Skills).
Lt. Commander
# 765
01-26-2012, 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor

the anticlimatic ending where we just buzz off after defeating Hunter (on the cool side, she has a Samus-esque reveal as a woman).

Now I'm focusing on crafting but realizing that SWTOR's endgame is largely more of the same: heroic flashpoints, a couple ops, Ilum and Belsavis, warzones, etc.

Despite STO having fewer STFs, Fleet Actions, etc.--there feels like more variety in things do in STO between events, duty officers, Foundry, pvp, STFs, fleet actions, exploration dailies, etc. Some of these are wildly different too (i.e. Duty Officers have longer-term goals and progression compared to the very finite Crew Skills).
Really? Well I guess it's who you ask. I find TOR a lot more active than STO to be honest imo.
Lt. Commander
# 766
01-26-2012, 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
Really? Well I guess it's who you ask. I find TOR a lot more active than STO to be honest imo.
Don't get me wrong: just about every Flashpoint and Operation is better designed than STO's (though Gozer's changes brought quality up for STO).

SWTOR has quality and quantity for a narrow set of activities--whereas STO lacks quality and quantity over a broader set.

Does that make sense?
Lt. Commander
# 767
01-27-2012, 02:10 AM
Quote:

Ahh, so there is no content drought? Lots to do? Klingons, lots for you to do now.

Hmm, seems tons of people agree with you Darren and the forums for nearly a year have been full of praise for Cryptic and it's "lots to do" content

Me thinks your starting to revert back to the Darren of 2010
Lt. Commander
# 768
01-27-2012, 06:21 AM
Quote:

DOFFs is a new toy mini-game. It gets tiresome after a while as it's just press button, fill in slots, and check back later.

Foundry is in no part the work of Cryptic but the imagination of the players. So can't really say Cryptic did much other than releasing the tools.

PvP is just PvQ here. No open world. PvP here that comes close to PvP there is when you're talking about one of their PvE servers. And I still haven't sat in a queue there as long as I have here with the limited maps.

There are dailies there too. Dailies just amount to getting extra reward for doing the same thing. Same can be said for some of the events. Notice the word some before the fanbois get up in arms.

STFs here are very limited number of those too.

A lot of the things you listed, TOR is already on level with STO which had a 2 year headstart.
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
# 770
01-27-2012, 12:42 PM
They sped up the leveling just before release. Either October or November they did a patch that sped up leveling.

I will say the game they had in early October I did like better than the released one. Well, except for some of the bugs back then of course.

But that article is a copy/paste. Those things are said about every MMO that gets released.