Lt. Commander
# 821
01-30-2012, 04:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Sarcasm and you aren't good freinds are you?
Sorry but I am the worlds best limbo dance so everything goes over my head:p

I truely thought you were being serious

That said, everything I said still stands...
Lt. Commander
# 822
01-30-2012, 04:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tebinu View Post
agreed, if you wanna play TOR,.. go and play it..
Myself and others are playing it and enjoying it.

You both must of cared enough to come into a thread like this in the Tenforward section, read what was said and wrote, well nothing tbh.

If you didn't care, then would have dismissed the thread and not bothered posting...
Lt. Commander
# 823
01-30-2012, 04:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomace View Post
Sorry but I am the worlds best limbo dance so everything goes over my head:p

I truely thought you were being serious

That said, everything I said still stands...
Well I do think Expansions are Evil, and I do prefer Cryptics model... but it was intended to be hadcore sarcasm... thats how it sounded in my head when I wrote it at least.

That said: I do not see an expansion for this game being released ever...
Lt. Commander
# 824
01-30-2012, 04:35 AM
Quote:
Well I do think Expansions are Evil, and I do prefer Cryptics model... but it was intended to be hadcore sarcasm... thats how it sounded in my head when I wrote it at least.

That said: I do not see an expansion for this game being released ever...
the expansions in tor are gonna be built in... bit like the FE here if they ever show up again.

I used to stand by cryptic.. No i stand back and laugh at the imcompetence.
Lt. Commander
# 825
01-30-2012, 04:37 AM
Personally I dont see expansions happening becasue it dosent fit into how cryptic has developed it's games... Especially not STO.

Think about it... before and after Free2Pay-excessive-sums-to-get-good-stuff, all new missions and features have been free...
Lt. Commander
# 826
01-30-2012, 04:45 AM
Quote:
Sarcasm and you aren't good freinds are you?
Like my good buddies PM Dawn ... Reality used to be a friend of mine.

Lt. Commander
# 827
01-30-2012, 05:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
Like my good buddies PM Dawn ... Reality used to be a friend of mine.

Reality was flushed out the drain the day Reality-shows aired on TV.
Lt. Commander
# 828
01-30-2012, 06:21 AM
BioWare says all the right things you want to hear from a good PR department. (if EA has one thing figured out all the way it is their PR, every Need for Speed they release sucks more and more, but the PR always makes you hot for the next one, the PR for TOR was through the roof).

If it all pans out the way they say? Lets wait and see.

I know STO talked the same level of big game and has delivered maybe 50% of what they talked about, and 25% of that was not broken or unusable in some form or another.

I don't play TOR, i was in the 2 day Open Beta and what i've seen was a VERY VERY average game.
It was kinda fun, but kinda old and boring too, seen all of that, done all of that, and nothing new there that would make me WANT to throw my $ at them.

Yes they have multiple choice dialogs and VoiceOver for everything. And god would i love that for STO.
But it's a BIOWARE game, they do this kind of thing for YEARS now.
So they've taken the same thing they did in KOTOR/Dragon Age/Mass Effect and put it in a MMO and added a dice roll who gets to select the answer because it's a group now?
i like that system, but it is NOTHING NEW anymore... it's what i expect from them.
Nothing more, nothing less.

and that "nothing more" part.... that shines through everything in TOR, the graphics, i don't hate them, but they don't make me WANT to play the game either.
(i know the default excuse that MMO's have to look ****** so they run good on low end systems, but why do they run ****** on high-mid end systems then? i have bad FPS drops in STO, i was only able to run middle settings in TOR, and that on a 4,6GHz quadcore + GTX460.... if you talk low end i think 2GHz single, at best dual core Systems with 3-5 year old GPU's -> that is just unplayable in BOTH games. Yet STO manages to look awesome, on occasion at least, while TOR looks *meh* from start to finish).

btw. i'll wait for Mass Effect 3 to get my BioWare storytelling fix.
there i will also get better GAMEPLAY and Graphics, and i will not be sucked away from STO because it is not a 2nd MMO but *just* a Singleplayer game. (who the hell has TIME for 2 MMO's anyway ?)
Lt. Commander
# 829
01-30-2012, 06:21 AM
Quote:
Personally I dont see expansions happening becasue it dosent fit into how cryptic has developed it's games... Especially not STO.

Think about it... before and after Free2Pay-excessive-sums-to-get-good-stuff, all new missions and features have been free...
That's not entirely true.

Cryptic/Atari's business model was 'terrible', to a degree that it's hard to overstate just how money-grabbing they appeared:
- games were released with the bare minimum of content. (TOR took ~4 years. Cryptic were building 3 MMOs at the same time, and AFAIR were supposed to release all of them within 3 years o_O, but doing that with a smaller budget, fewer staff and charging roughly the same price to players)
- additional content was to be 'paid for by players via expansions'. The history of CO explains how well this was received.
- and then the whole 'c-store' thing was generally too early. (and initial plans for e.g. "putting all respecs into the c-store" was beyond the pale).

Between then and now it changed, but maybe too little, too late really .
Lt. Commander
# 830
01-30-2012, 06:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomace View Post
Myself and others are playing it and enjoying it.

You both must of cared enough to come into a thread like this in the Tenforward section, read what was said and wrote, well nothing tbh.

If you didn't care, then would have dismissed the thread and not bothered posting...
no i just like to waste my time with useless threads like this