Lt. Commander
# 951
02-03-2012, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm-Strike
And I can point out aspects of CoX that is the same as WoW. There is not one that is completely different from anything else out there.
ORLY?

EVE Online (just sayiing)
Lt. Commander
# 952
02-03-2012, 11:55 AM
I'm not intending to do any such thing. I would appreciate it if you would stop blowing hot air at me and attempting to elicit responses. I would assume baiting is frowned upon here and you're doing quite a bit of it. I intentionally ignored your comments made about the toon business because frankly I don't want to argue about something so stupid. I already expressed that I made my initial post out of place and I already thoroughly explained my statement regarding the development of leveling systems - what more do you want?

Edit:

This was direct at Solomace.
Lt. Commander
# 953
02-03-2012, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerithlan
I'm not intending to do any such thing. I would appreciate it if you would stop blowing hot air at me and attempting to elicit responses. I would assume baiting is frowned upon here and you're doing quite a bit of it. I intentionally ignored your comments made about the toon business because frankly I don't want to argue about something so stupid. I already expressed that I made my initial post out of place and I already thoroughly explained my statement regarding the development of leveling systems - what more do you want?

Edit:

This was direct at Solomace.
Look m8, I am not trying to bait you, however when you come full bore in on a post, expect to get a full bore response back.

Chucking words around like Hate and saying you don't like people bickering (which is what you are doing with me btw) isn't really going to garner you much support. And blaming it on STO and steam, doesn't give you a free pass.

That said, I'm prepared to back off but if you look at your posts, you will see you too played the baiting game (pro tip Essex is in Britain.).

I personally think your blowing the levelling thing out of proportaion and tbh no one cares about the British levelling system. People just want to play games for fun.
Lt. Commander
# 954
02-03-2012, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
ORLY?

EVE Online (just sayiing)
Again, no. There are aspects in EVE that came before it as well. You have tried to make it out like STO was something totally different and nothing in it was seen before. Or at least you don't hold it to the same standard you set forth for TOR.

Remember we started down this road because I said everything has something that came before it. And you're still trying to come up with a game 100% original concept in every way. Even the first computer game took something from a board game before it.

Edit Only thing STO did unique is launch with 1 1/2 factions and still 2 years later have 1 1/2 factions.
Lt. Commander
# 955
02-03-2012, 12:35 PM
STO hasn't innovated anything - most of the combat is similar to the Starfleet Command series, except it was dumbed-down to a certain degree
Lt. Commander
# 956
02-03-2012, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekSlide
STO hasn't innovated anything - most of the combat is similar to the Starfleet Command series, except it was dumbed-down to a certain degree
Yep, agree with you m8 and already mentioned this too.

However, I will say that STO was innovative in that it used the IP on us gullible masses (myself included), to buy a sub or a life ime subscription, but then made us pay extra for anything iconic that you really wanted

Oh and great sig btw. Great Captain. Loves his drink btw

Does TOR have a cash shop? I remember a lot of people on here say it would have one and would launch with one, but as yet, nothing. Didn't STO right off the bat come with a C-STore? Something that Jack said he hated?

That said, I would sell my left testi for a Purple LS or crystal on the Republic side:p
Lt. Commander
# 957
02-03-2012, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm-Strike
Again, no. There are aspects in EVE that came before it as well. You have tried to make it out like STO was something totally different and nothing in it was seen before. Or at least you don't hold it to the same standard you set forth for TOR.

Remember we started down this road because I said everything has something that came before it. And you're still trying to come up with a game 100% original concept in every way. Even the first computer game took something from a board game before it.

Edit Only thing STO did unique is launch with 1 1/2 factions and still 2 years later have 1 1/2 factions.
Wow, one and a half faction? When did that happen?!

:p

Quote:
Does TOR have a cash shop? I remember a lot of people on here say it would have one and would launch with one, but as yet, nothing. Didn't STO right off the bat come with a C-STore? Something that Jack said he hated?
Yes, really weird, not having a C-Store to go to. Of course,they also lack customization options in the first place (you can't even retailor your character in TOR). I am almost missing it!

Except that I love not paying extra for stuff that should have been in the game from the start. Or never at all. :p
Lt. Commander
# 958
02-03-2012, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Wow, one and a half faction? When did that happen?!

Yes, really weird, not having a C-Store to go to. Of course,they also lack customization options in the first place (you can't even retailor your character in TOR). I am almost missing it!

Except that I love not paying extra for stuff that should have been in the game from the start. Or never at all. :p
Ahh, I see what you did there

TBH,I am being a hypocrite though. If TOR said I could be a Republic Jedi Consular Chiss with a purple LS, I seriously think I would pay hard currency.

Wow, This is the first time I have put myself in the shoes of all the STO people, who have paid for their Connie, or the NX or any other ship they wanted and I think I am starting to understand why people paid a sub/Lifer and also purchased C-store for something they wanted.

Ouch, this doesn't sit right with me

I suppose the only difference is I would pay for a bespoke toon, with the appearance I am looking for, where as STO is playing on my IP and getting me to buy stuff that I think should be in the game and free already, allowing me to RP and or look good in the iconic skin I want, such as a Connie. There has never been a bald,blue, red eyed, Chiss Jedi Consular with a Purple LS and that is why I wouldnt' have a problem paying.

Still, its taken nearly 2 years for me to understand the STO person who pays for their connie. If they love STO, then I can understand why they have no problem paying for it or for a grab bag for a chance at a ship they want.

Hmmm, back to the Jamaican rum for me.
Lt. Commander
# 959
02-03-2012, 03:17 PM
Well several years back I read that it has been statistically proven that Star Trek fans spend more money on average on their object of fandom than fans of any other ip. Guess we all realized which IP was the greatest.
Lt. Commander
# 960
02-03-2012, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PicardX View Post
Well several years back I read that it has been statistically proven that Star Trek fans spend more money on average on their object of fandom than fans of any other ip. Guess we all realized which IP was the greatest.
Aye, we do know -

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/02...ic-arts-stock/