Lt. Commander
# 971
02-04-2012, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm-Strike
Innovative is something new not something more robust. So since the Foundry was not new, the word innovative does not fit. Improved might fit but that's a different definition.
Having more features than the competition is a form of innovation.

If every other lemonade stand only offers ice and you are the first to add limes, that's innovation.

Fact is, STO's client-facing toolset has more features than any other MMO that is currently released. That's innovation: don't let preconceptions and lack of knowledge about the subject matter weaken your arguments.

There are reasons to criticize STO and Cryptic: the foundry's innovation is not one that you're going to win with.

STO lacks innovation in PVP, PVE, etc. but not in its UGC tools.
Lt. Commander
# 972
02-04-2012, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor

K, I will give you that, but unfortunately that is really all STO has going for it and that is not enough. Not everyone likes to make UGC and not everyone wants to play UGC. Infact I saw just as many posts that said they loved the foundry as those who said they wouldn't play any of the foundry.

I really don't know where the foundry sits tbh in an MMo scheme of things. I will say that in STO, due to lack of content and things to do, the RPers do have a field day with the customisation options and the foundry, so maybe this is where STO is quite innovative?

I think we all know that the foundry is really for the new NWN and STO, depending on it's situation when NWN is released, will get an updated version of the foundry, but that is only if STO is making the money PW want.

I have me reservations.
Lt. Commander
# 973
02-04-2012, 10:39 AM
Can someone explain to me WHY we still have this thread up? Really??!! If you like SWTOR better, then you should be spending your time on that game and their forums.
Lt. Commander
# 974
02-04-2012, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
Having more features than the competition is a form of innovation.

If every other lemonade stand only offers ice and you are the first to add limes, that's innovation.

Fact is, STO's client-facing toolset has more features than any other MMO that is currently released. That's innovation: don't let preconceptions and lack of knowledge about the subject matter weaken your arguments.

There are reasons to criticize STO and Cryptic: the foundry's innovation is not one that you're going to win with.

Again, you are making it fit the definition of "improved" not "innovative".

Your analogy actually shows it with the lemonade stand. First one that added lime made something different called Lime-Aid.

Cryptic may have one that's improved and better but they weren't the first.

Maybe you're letting your lack of knowing the word's definition cloud your "arguments". I am not saying it's not better just not first so it can't be considered "innovative".
Lt. Commander
# 975
02-04-2012, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nador_Ekoor View Post
Can someone explain to me WHY we still have this thread up? Really??!! If you like SWTOR better, then you should be spending your time on that game and their forums.
And if you don't like threads like this, then there are a few options availble to you.

1. Don't read the forums.
2. Don't read a thread titled Star Wars The Old Republic.
3. Don't come to the Ten Forward section which is about anything not Trek related.
4. Take your own advice and go play STO

See, all these things will make you feel better and then you don't need to make yourself look silly by making the post you did
Lt. Commander
# 976
02-04-2012, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nador_Ekoor View Post
OP started a thread that went viral. You either blame him, give him props, or just don't worry about it.
Lt. Commander
# 977
02-04-2012, 10:52 AM
Quote:
OP started a thread that went viral. You either blame him, give him props, or just don't worry about it.
Strike, I like the cut of your Jib m8

Your way more articulate then me
Lt. Commander
# 978
02-04-2012, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomace View Post

yw

I thought after reading your reply that is one thing Cryptic did that we can say good job. Here we get a "Ten Forward" area. Shame some people still squawk about it yet Cryptic has moved threads about other games in here in the past.
Lt. Commander
# 979
02-05-2012, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomace View Post

Quote:
yw
*watches Solomace and Storm go prancing across a flower field together, hand in hand*

Whens the wedding?
Lt. Commander
# 980
02-05-2012, 10:44 PM
Quote:
Again, you are making it fit the definition of "improved" not "innovative".

Your analogy actually shows it with the lemonade stand. First one that added lime made something different called Lime-Aid.

Cryptic may have one that's improved and better but they weren't the first.

Maybe you're letting your lack of knowing the word's definition cloud your "arguments". I am not saying it's not better just not first so it can't be considered "innovative".
Having options others no other MMO's UGC tools have means the Cryptic introduced original features.

These new ideas are the definition of innovative.

Please, admit you've lost this argument. It takes an adult to do something like that--rise to that level of discourse.

An opponent debating semantics instead of offering substantive, primary claims is generally a sign I've won an argument.