Lt. Commander
# 51
12-25-2011, 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsaud
My away team has 2 engineers, 1 scientist, and 1 tac. I am NOT "All Tacticals" like people are assuming.
Ok , give us the lowdown :

- What character are YOU playing ?
- What weapons are YOU using ?
- What Shields/Armor do YOU have ?
Which mission is giving you trouble at what level ?
Lt. Commander
# 52
12-26-2011, 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
TL;DR: My ground combat strategy actually revolves around checking my email while occasionally sniping a target of opportunity.
Ditto. If you're getting wiped out repeatedly, there is something fundamentally wrong in your approach. If you can figure out what it is, combat will be easy for you.
Lt. Commander
# 53
12-26-2011, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlausWulfenbach View Post
Ditto. If you're getting wiped out repeatedly, there is something fundamentally wrong in your approach. If you can figure out what it is, combat will be easy for you.
If it is too fast, you can always take a breather between enemy groups, lay turrets/traps, etc.

My suspicion is that the OP is thinking of Fleet Actions or STFs or accidentally has his difficulty cranked up.

I know people want to run everything on Elite but I find it's better to pick and choose based on your personal playstyle.

Personally, I would never run Night of the Comet on anything besides Normal except as a group.

Meanwhile, I believe I've actually enjoyed Coliseum on Elite.

It's mission by mission, all in your comfort zone.

I kinda think every mission should have its own special loot table area kinda like Coliseum and should award 1 Salvage on Advanced and 1 EDC on Elite.
Lt. Commander
# 54
12-26-2011, 11:25 AM
I've always thought it was too slow, to be honest. :/ I know it sort of has to be that way, but when you get hit by a phaser, you're supposed to go down, not just receive some damage. The way it is now, ground combat seems too similar to space combat with people. Now, if Cryptic had unlimited funds and time, what would be perfection would be a cover system and phasers would cause more damage, becoming more Trek in the sense of taking cover and firing at the opportune moment, rather than simply people running around firing at each other until one dies. Now, this isn't going to happen ever. I'm just saying, that's sort of what it feels like.