Lt. Commander
So I was doing an infected run last night and as usual after 5 or 6 shots the buggers adapted. When two of the team members wimped out I figured we'd never finish anyway so why not see what these nanopulse weapons can do against the Borg? Impressive or what, I ran over to the first drone, a couple of slices and dices later it was history, no remods, no damage to me, nothing. Figuring it was just dumb luck I ran over to a tactical drone and started to mince him up. Running around him to maximise flanking damage he couldn't turn fast enough and with fingers like bees wings over keys 1,2 and 3, he was mincemeat before he even got a shot in. Bloody hell I thought, and so instead of swapping guns I was swapping between the lirpa and a gun, gun for long shots and the lirpa/bat'leth for the one on one combat. Now all we need is a nanopulse boomerang to throw at Rebecca and this would be a walk in the park. Thanks Cryptic for such awesome, fun and free weapons.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-23-2011, 04:20 AM
They are really fun.. thought I'd test the bat'leth on my medic to tank Armek and worked great so still using it on both normal and elite levels.. Thanks for giving us something cool and it usable!
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-23-2011, 04:31 AM
The sad thing is they are MEANT to do Plasma damage that the Borg CAN and will adapt to. When they patch them they will be doing that damage.

However, if you are GOOD with Melee and have a top quality Sword/Bat'leth/Lirpa you can make short work of Borg. They really die well to those weapons.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-23-2011, 06:46 AM
Darn, cats out of the bag now. Looks like they will be nerfed before to long so as not to work as effectivelly.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-23-2011, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty_catlen View Post
Darn, cats out of the bag now. Looks like they will be nerfed before to long so as not to work as effectivelly.
Oh no, me and my big mouth!
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-23-2011, 08:32 AM
Did a Defera run a few weeks back with my Klingon and yeah, I was thinking the same thing, "they may adapt to my disruptor, but they ain't adapting to my Bat'leth!"
So, after a bit, I simply stopped using the disruptor and focuses on H2H.

I read later that borg now assimilate all the time in close combat... But that didn't happen to me.

So, if it does get nerfed at all... i can see them fixing the "you will be assimilated" game mechanic. Then, borg will suck again. :-P
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-24-2011, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJimLitchfield
Oh no, me and my big mouth!
:p It's all good. They would have caught it sooner or later.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-25-2011, 07:20 PM
How much are the nanopulse weapons anyway?
Lt. Commander
# 9 They are priced to move....
12-25-2011, 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinsofasolarempire
How much are the nanopulse weapons anyway?
Zero Energy Credits from a small, green, backward-talking, Ferengi weapons dealer in the south of Q's Winter Wonderland. You can get one bat'leth and one l'irpa each for each toon....but no more because they are "unique."
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-26-2011, 12:27 AM
Now, if we could get our Photonic Tommy Guns, we could get over all that 'Adapted' Borg nonsense.