Lt. Commander
# 31
01-04-2012, 09:45 AM
Starfleet would not create an Enterprise F if they still had the E in service. It's clear something happen to both Starbase 236 and the Enterprise E. If they were simply retiring the E then Data would probably be given command of the F - and we know Data is not the captain of the F.

Granted it's all just a meta-plot to explain why Data and the E aren't in the game (licensing/royalty issues with Paramount and Brent Spiner) but it's clear from the way this timeline is evolving that the E is gone - and the mystery of what happens to it is left open in case Cryptic can get the licensing/royalty issues worked out at some later date.
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-04-2012, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
Starfleet would not create an Enterprise F if they still had the E in service. It's clear something happen to both Starbase 236 and the Enterprise E. If they were simply retiring the E then Data would probably be given command of the F - and we know Data is not the captain of the F.

Granted it's all just a meta-plot to explain why Data and the E aren't in the game (licensing/royalty issues with Paramount and Brent Spiner) but it's clear from the way this timeline is evolving that the E is gone - and the mystery of what happens to it is left open in case Cryptic can get the licensing/royalty issues worked out at some later date.
Humm.. what? Enterprise E could just be retired and Data promoted to Admiral and accepted a position in command of what ever you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adml_shake View Post
So wait, let me see if I have your statement here correct. The E-E while going on a mission to investigate a Starbase that Starfleet had lost contact with, was then not heard from again? And that's different than what I said how? At this point the ship is lost (unless the thing about CBS removing that from the load screens is true, in which case the fate of the ship is very much still up in the air)
Where you get that Starfleet didnít hear nothing from the Enterprise?? For all we know, they contact Starfleet Command a day later and the problem with the base was just a communication problem. Hoo.. but YOU didnít saw the E-E in the game.. and we donít see it on DS9 either.. hell.. sure was destroy on DS9 and replaced with another E-E.
If you want that the ship is lost, is lost.. FOR YOU.. in the in game canon, the last mission WE KNOW was to investigate a Starbase that loss contact.
Here, check your game canon: http://www.stowiki.org/U.S.S._Enterp...8NCC-1701-E%29
Lt. Commander
# 33
01-04-2012, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerritouru View Post
Humm.. what? Enterprise E could just be retired and Data promoted to Admiral and accepted a position in command of what ever you want.
Then that information would have been in the timeline, wouldn't it?
Lt. Commander
# 34
01-04-2012, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Then that information would have been in the timeline, wouldn't it?
The Path to 2409 ends with that log.. because the 2408 ends there!
Omg.. yesterday I saw the ROU Vanguardia sail to the Antarctica.. but I saw the news today and they didnít said nothing about it! For sure it was destroy by aliens
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-04-2012, 10:59 AM
remember that they almost did the same thing to Voyager when it went missing. there was probly plans to replace it in till Voyager restore contact on almost 3 years later
Lt. Commander
# 36
01-04-2012, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerritouru View Post
The Path to 2409 ends with that log.. because the 2408 ends there!
Yes, the path ends there but the timeline information continues on throughout the game - such as the Ent F plaque at SFA and other updates given to you as you play. Data is an iconic character if he had retired or become an Admiral that information would be in the game somewhere. Even the Ent E retiring would be in the game - people would be talking about it just as they do 'where's Sulu.'
Lt. Commander
# 37
01-04-2012, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mack92
remember that they almost did the same thing to Voyager when it went missing. there was probly plans to replace it in till Voyager restore contact on almost 3 years later
I'm not saying the E was destroyed. I'm simply saying it's lost. As I said above, it's easier for Cryptic to consider the E lost. That way if they do get the legalities worked out they can introduce a "Save the E" FE, or something else, at some later date.
Lt. Commander
# 38 How Data came back...
01-04-2012, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxDocToR_DeaThxX
ok there's another thing...i thought Data was destroyed in Nemesis because he ended up blowing himself up along with that big romulan ship that the Enterprise-E rammed...how did he get ressurected? I don't think the nexis is anywhere near romulan space, lol. Does anybody know if there is a story explaining on how Data managed to survive a warp core breach?(assuming that's what ultimately destroyed that Romulan ship).
According to "Needs of the Many" the STO Novel, Data was restored to life by Geordi Laforge and Greg Maddox at the Daystrom Institute. They were able to get Data's matrix to emerge, the problem was that he had to share the body with B4. It was revealed that B4's nueral net could not contain B4 and Data and that only one could survive. Maddox and Laforge decide that Data should be the one to survive, but Data objects and tries to delete himself. B4 discovers Data's plan and sacrifices himself by using the program on his matrix instead. In essence, Data didn't survive the Warp Core breach, the copy of himself in B4 simply came online. I guess the debate could be if this Data really is Data or just a copy.

The novel is sold by Barnes and Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/star...ds+of+the+many

The novel gives updates on not only Data but Seven of Nine, Jake Sisko, and other Trek characters. Not a great book but does give a little insight of the events leading to this game.
Lt. Commander
# 39
01-04-2012, 02:21 PM
That information is also in the Path to 2409 on the website, though not as detailed.
Lt. Commander
# 40
01-04-2012, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Yes, the path ends there but the timeline information continues on throughout the game - such as the Ent F plaque at SFA and other updates given to you as you play. Data is an iconic character if he had retired or become an Admiral that information would be in the game somewhere. Even the Ent E retiring would be in the game - people would be talking about it just as they do 'where's Sulu.'
Picard was a iconic character during DS9 time line. The Enterprise E was the flag ship of the entire Starfleet! What do we know about Picard and the E-E during the Dominion? Nathing, absolutly nathing. We donít see it, but for all we know Sisko reeds reports of the heroic E-E crew each single day, the fact is that we donít know.

One may think that the crew of the E-E was missing or dead during the DS9 time! How in hell we donít know nothing about the Flagship of the Federation in time of war? They should be dead!

Maybe there is a entire report of the E-E decommission and the promotion of Data in your Reddy room, who knows. But we know something for SURE, and is that in the game canon, the E-E is not mission or destroy and Data is not dead or missing. You think and imagine what you want.