Lt. Commander
# 1 Need vs greed
12-05-2011, 11:57 AM
I've been playing the STFs a lot lately and that got me thinking, What is the difference between Need and Greed?
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-05-2011, 11:58 AM
Need is higher priority than Greed. When handing out gear players that click "Need" will get it before players that click "Greed"...

When in a PuG, always click Need.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-05-2011, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvsaris View Post
When in a PuG, always click Need.
Yes, if you want to be blacklisted. In a PUG if you really see something that you need and are going to immediately equip on your character - click Need. If it's something you're just going to vendor for EC, clieck Greed. Generally in a PUG it's bad form to 'Need' everything; and Fleets do pass around lists of players to avoid who are seen to do it a lot.)
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-05-2011, 12:38 PM
Ya Greed on things if you don't "NEED" it. Think of it like you were dealing with your friends, you find something on the street do you just want it cus it is cool/free or is something you have trying to find and were looking for.

Also I would recommend Greeding on the Borg STF loot though, as everyone needs them so if you greed will not get any. But general equipment just best judgement on if you need or just want it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-05-2011, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
Yes, if you want to be blacklisted. In a PUG is you really see something that you need and are going to immediately equip on your character - click Need. If it's something you're just going to vendor for EC, clieck Greed. Generally in a PUG it's bad form to 'Need' everything; and Fleets do pass around lists of players to avoid who seen to do it a lot.)

This, so much this. My fleet hit the STFs hard this weekend, and every pug we got hit greed on everything that dropped.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-05-2011, 04:23 PM
I thought it would be something like that.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-05-2011, 06:47 PM
i don't know how the math works but i am pretty sure that you get worse *rolls* if you "Need" on everything.

if you PASS and GREED honestly, then you should get a better chance at a higher roll if you press Need on something you really need.

at least thats how i understood it...
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-05-2011, 06:57 PM
Personally I never pass. 99% of the time I choose Greed. I rarely see something I truly need. Unfortunately I tend to assume that people I play with do the same.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-06-2011, 07:05 AM
I 'Pass' if the group leader has askde everyone to. We did this for a while in our fleet trying to fill up the fleet bank. Usually, though, it is 'Greed'. I'll occasionally 'Need' something if I genuinely do need it, but that is about it.

If I am leading a group and I see people constantly clicking 'Need', I will ask them to stop. If they do not, I will announce to the entire group to start clicking 'Need' for everything.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-06-2011, 07:27 AM
I'm using Master Looter all the time to avoid this stupid system, that is when I lead a group. I rarely pick stuff for myself, if even (and if, it's most likely sum hypo or shield charge nobuddy needs), and then I can award the good stuff clockwise, so the system can be turned fairly.

If sumone really needs sumfin, usually the stuff is not bound and when the member is quick enuff, I'll know before I award the stuff, and then I'll ask if it's fine with the rest, and then I award it to the player who wants it.

~ Meow