Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
Hi Captains!

I am organizing an in-game (Holodeck) event for tonight at 4pm PST/ 7pm EST/ midnight GMT. For our European players, please see the "NOTE" below.

Let's plan to meet in Defera's orbit, where we will try to make as many teams as possible. Feel free to come in whichever ship/ class you would like, on either faction. I'll be around for an hour but feel free to stick around for the entire event. Please join Zone chat or the REDALERT channel to see any communication/ instructions from myself.

If you can't make it tonight, I would like to try and do these often, and on different days/ times. Feel free to post constructive feedback in here with ideas, including if you would like to see this expanded to other types of events (STFs, Fleet Actions etc.).

Hope to see many of you tonight!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

NOTE: I will be hosting the GMT timeslot version of this event on Thursday: info here. Also, sorry for the last minute posting of this -- I was OOO until this morning.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-27-2011, 12:07 PM
sounds like fun. I hope to be there if I can finish my work in time. here's hoping.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-27-2011, 12:07 PM
I am glad to see more community events going on. (PVP with the Devs? maybe?)

Constructive feedback: (and yes I know that it has been talked about before, I am just adding my vote to this idea.)

I would love to see more times for this ground event around the weekends evening. Or floating times that shift the event time around. I know that no time is perfect for everyone and the idea behind these events are to limit them to fill them up. But since this has launched I have play not been able to play this event for more than :30 mins. It was a lot of fun; I just wish I could play it. As someone with work and family commitments, I do not login into STO till about 8pm EST most nights. so this schedule, leaves about only 1 hour of this event I can access on Tuesday nights (not the best gaming night for me.)

I would love to see a Friday or Saturday where this event happend every few hours so that everyone could join in....
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-27-2011, 12:09 PM
Looking forward to this...I haven't gotten a chance to do much with the Defera invasions. It'll give me a chance to put my MACO set and spiffy-lookin MACO armor to use (Sexy And I Know It!)
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-27-2011, 12:33 PM
any level requirement?
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-27-2011, 12:39 PM
Good idea! I'll try to be there.

May I suggest a public EVENT channel for events like this?

This message will only reach the usual suspects and forum readers and REDALERT, which is actually a user channel.
Sure, maybe that's better than all STO players warping there and turning it into ESD+DS9. The semiofficial nature of custom/user channels is also a problem. They are not official, sometimes it feels a lot like introducing new players to the "Fight Club" in every regard.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-27-2011, 12:47 PM
I'm in. I need to start earning Borg equipment ASAP!
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-27-2011, 12:57 PM
I'll try to be there.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-27-2011, 01:07 PM
Interesting...
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-27-2011, 01:47 PM
I will do my best to make it, didn't even realise Defera was HOT tonight and I need more Borg samples to get me a new remodulator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longasc
May I suggest a public EVENT channel for events like this?
The REDALERT channel is a public channel and always has been, you've confused me and gain +1 internets.
Closed Thread