Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 11
12-27-2011, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWE_BranFlakes
I am organizing an in-game (Holodeck) event for tonight at 4pm PST/ 7pm EST/ midnight GMT.
Darn, will still be at work.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-27-2011, 03:57 PM
I am jumping in-game now and am setting a course to Defera. See you all there!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-27-2011, 04:17 PM
why can't KDF and feds team up for this? I keep on thinking this is another bug.
I beam in, can't find a group after 15 minutes, and leave.
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-27-2011, 04:30 PM
Whatís the big idea trying to chat with us, itís a time sensitive run, that happens 2 or 3 times a week and you want to try to talk to us? What could possibly be that important? Then complaining that youíre getting to many PMs, Youíre a Dev... What did you think was going to happen?

And why do we have to do STFs so many times for ďAssimilated Subtranswarp EnginesĒ what was wrong with doing the missions and getting the reward for it?? What on earth was so awful with it?? Those missions werenít that good the first time and now you have us going that so many times, for what?
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-27-2011, 05:02 PM
Thanks to everyone who came out tonight for this event. I had a great time teaming up and look forward to the next one on Thusday (info here). I will leave this thread up until the morning so you can provide feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
why can't KDF and feds team up for this? I keep on thinking this is another bug.
I beam in, can't find a group after 15 minutes, and leave.
I would absolutely love to see this happen and am hopeful that we will see it someday! I think we are able to cross-faction team for PvP and STFs because it automatically puts is on a team due to the type of instance it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith1
Whatís the big idea trying to chat with us, itís a time sensitive run, that happens 2 or 3 times a week and you want to try to talk to us? What could possibly be that important? Then complaining that youíre getting to many PMs, Youíre a Dev... What did you think was going to happen?
You are 100% right and this was something I noticed right off the bat. We had a much larger turn out for this event than the PvP or Ice Skating, especially since so many people planned to come before I even posted the event. In the future, I will post that the Defera timeslots are more of a "get the community together" event.

As for the PMs, I felt bad that so many people were messaging me and I was not able to respond -- that's why I let people know in Zone and REDALERT chat that I was not able to respond. This was definitely not a complaint but more of an apology

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-27-2011, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWE_BranFlakes

I would absolutely love to see this happen and am hopeful that we will see it someday! I think we are able to cross-faction team for PvP and STFs because it automatically puts is on a team due to the type of instance it is.
So this isn't a bug and intentional?
I see the technical limitations involved in it but, as a KDF, i will wait around for an hour looking for a group and coming up empty.
So I think to myself there is something better to do than this.
I hate "LFG"ing and cannot do the defari invasion.
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-27-2011, 06:08 PM
But that's just it, I was trying to run the race with my toons and you were switching instances which was making it harder because of all the people loading up the winter wonderlands. Which that day was a massive pain due to when I was supposed to be on the job and the countdown clock!

It's a game it should be fun, it should be entertainment. When stuff like this happens itís nether. I can't tell how much stuff I lost out on due to both the mission tonight and The Winter wonderland item. I can't get those rewards back! Why do I bother spending my time here? Can you tell me? Is it reasonable to expect to be able to play the game youíve paid for with out the Dev walking in the room and messing things up?
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-27-2011, 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith1
? Is it reasonable to expect to be able to play the game youíve paid for with out the Dev walking in the room and messing things up?
If you don't want to talk to him, don't reply. Problem solved.
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-27-2011, 06:21 PM
You'd think that wouldn't you? My problem was that the team fell about just as soon as they seen him on! It was a free for all and there was nothing I could do about it!
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-28-2011, 05:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecto View Post
The REDALERT channel is a public channel and always has been, you've confused me and gain +1 internets.
This channel has to be joined and people need to know it. They have to rely on hearsay to find it.
The semi-official/inofficial nature of channels like REDALERT and TTS demands some moderation but Cryptic doesn't seem able to provide that and leaves it to players to moderate players.

Cryptic has a Bulletin function ingame, but barely makes use of it. They could also set up a STO Event channel or something like that by default.

This is something that Brandon should consider: Does he want to play the Entertainer for us, the usual suspects, or does he want to be the Community Manager for the whole playerbase.
Closed Thread