Lt. Commander
# 11
12-27-2011, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfxor View Post
Actually, it is Night of the Comet - Reliving the Past
I'm supposed to end the bar fight and no one is left standing right now. I've explored everywhere I can imagine and have stood is the entire map circle indicating where I'm supposed to stop this bar fight at.
There's a really annoying bug in Night of the Comet that is sometimes easy to clear and other times impossible to get past. The usual bug though is after you defeat the first group in the chamber you beamed into, as you run towards the bar fight stop until you've exited red alert and walk towards the doorway to the bar (don't run, you need to be out of combat by the threshold so you can't risk aggroing the NPCs within). As you approach the doorway you should get a dialogue pop up from one of your bridge crew, press continue and you should be able to progress past the bar fight. That always gets me past the bar fight, I used to get caught up until I was told about that interact and I've never had it fail since.
If the invincible NPCs isn't the problem and you can't find the sixth mob then try going back into the beam in room, there's a mob that spawns behind you that a lot of people miss; although you've just come from there there's another spawn to clear in there too.

The difference between Normal and Advanced is a little bit extra damage dealt by the NPCs, the low level NPCs have shields that they don't have on Normal and you have a chance to pick up an injury whenever you're defeated.
The slider is available from the tutorial but it only actually starts working at LT5, below then it's non functional.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-27-2011, 04:38 PM
Being the holidays, I wouldn't get my hopes up for an official response.

But please post what mission you are stuck on, and which part. There are some common known bugs, and these forums are sometimes very helpful in identifying ways around them. For example, if it is Night of the Comet, there is a known bug with the bar fight, and there is definitely something you can do to fix it.

EDIT: Sorry. I missed your post about which mission it is. Yeah. What Militis said. Wait until you are out of red alert before going down the hallway. Then the last mob respawned behind you back in the first room. You have to go back there.

Also, check to make sure you don't have any injuries. It can seriously affect your ability to fight once they start to add up.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-27-2011, 04:44 PM
Sometimes when I get a bug on a mission stage (or a bridge officer who falls through the terrain and is both unconscious and inaccessible), I simply beam up to the ship and back down - that will sometimes clear or fix the problem, or at least let you do that stage over again.
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-27-2011, 05:11 PM
Militis and Latinumbar, THAT WORKED! Thanks for the help!

I appreciate all the input guys. A lot less frustrated now. I'll be sure to search the forums before submitting a ticket next time.
Lt. Commander
# 15 Not solved
01-19-2012, 07:24 PM
I have the same problem on [Night of the Comet - Reliving the Past]

Beam in, kill the first group of Devidians, wait for Red Alert to go away (says 2/6 groups defeated at this point), go out, get the dialogue window, break up the bar fight (says 3.6 groups defeated) and that's as far as it goes.

No matter where I go, can't get anymore Devidians to spawn, can't get whatever is supposed to trigger after the Bar Fight to trigger, tricorder keeps pointing me to a door that I can't open and can't interact with, no one to talk to.

Tried dropping the mission and taking it again, but once I go back in time and beam down to the station, it always jumps right to Reliving the Past and I lways have the same problems.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-19-2012, 08:18 PM
Wolf,

Advanced and Elite are difficulty scalers, you can change the settings in your mission window. Mobs will be harder on advanced, ie do more damage, be harder to kill, and can cause injuries to your and your boffs. Injuries will decrease your effectiveness and must be cleared ether at a starbase medical faculty or with Regenerators.
It is a known issue that folks in that level range ran into some mission confusion as a result of the F2P transition, however there is no cause for fear. There are missions that are harder then others, and that how it should be. I suggest you hunt down some like mind folk to run those missions with. A group npcs that can wreck you and your BOs will be easily rocked by you and couple other Players. Also a take a look in the fleet recruitment sections these are exactly the sort of troubles a fleet could easily help you out with.

Good Luck!
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-19-2012, 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madoushi View Post
I have the same problem on [Night of the Comet - Reliving the Past]

Beam in, kill the first group of Devidians, wait for Red Alert to go away (says 2/6 groups defeated at this point), go out, get the dialogue window, break up the bar fight (says 3.6 groups defeated) and that's as far as it goes.

No matter where I go, can't get anymore Devidians to spawn, can't get whatever is supposed to trigger after the Bar Fight to trigger, tricorder keeps pointing me to a door that I can't open and can't interact with, no one to talk to.

Tried dropping the mission and taking it again, but once I go back in time and beam down to the station, it always jumps right to Reliving the Past and I lways have the same problems.
I say drop the mission wait a few hours or a day so it resets. Then run the mission with someone else to help you. I'm sure someone in the fleet message boards can help run it with you.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-21-2012, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingdox View Post
I say drop the mission wait a few hours or a day so it resets. Then run the mission with someone else to help you. I'm sure someone in the fleet message boards can help run it with you.
I dropped it and retried a few times, even waited a day between attempts and submitted Bug Tockets.

What FInAlLY worked is when you beam down and the first two groups of Devidians come into the room you're in, run right past them to the Bar, the Bar Fight dialogue will trigger and the Devidians you ran pst will come out, along with two other groups.

So you have to fight four groups of Devidians and everyone in the bar, but after you beat them all, you'll get the checkmark nest to Break up the Bar Fight and you can finlly find the last two groups of Devidians to advance the quest.

Took me forever to figure that one out, but finally got past it.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-17-2012, 08:36 AM
Yep, tried it and it works quite well...simply run through the first group of Devidians into the bar and defeat all enemys. Then the Bar fight gets a hook and you can go on nomally with the mission.
Thanks for the tip.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-17-2012, 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfxor View Post
Actually, it is Night of the Comet - Reliving the Past
I'm supposed to end the bar fight and no one is left standing right now. I've explored everywhere I can imagine and have stood is the entire map circle indicating where I'm supposed to stop this bar fight at.
EXACTLY the same mission and same bug as I'm experiencing just now. Submitted a ticket, but there's no way I can tell about its status. Frustrating as hell.