Lt. Commander
# 11
12-28-2011, 03:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Vale_Cortez
Yup. Just think about it. Trek in all of its glory is light based when it comes to weaponry and defense. Phasor and Deflector shields. So ships and people aren't actually protected from "low tech" things like a bullet.

Besides. Today in the real world we are really advanced but that doesn't stop us from dying when someone pokes us with a sharp stick. And spears are ancient of ancient tech.

Lastly I leave you with Sir Issac Newton:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLpgxry542M
HAHAHAHA!!!!! I love it. That has to be one of the greatest quotes from any media, at all, ever!

"Sir Issac Newton is the baddest *son of a gun* [edited] in space..."
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-28-2011, 04:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by machocyclone View Post
The best ground weapon against the borg will always will be a Tommy Gun.
Well, for now, at least, it's the TR-116. But most players don't have it and can't get it.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-28-2011, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quark_Kent View Post
Well, for now, at least, it's the TR-116. But most players don't have it and can't get it.
Ah..the TR-116. I would love to have one.
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-28-2011, 11:16 AM
TR-116 isnt all its cracked up to be.
Its got very low damage output and shields reduce the damage by 50%,
Even proper melee weapons deal better damage, and good use of energy weapons easily bring down targets faster.
This goes double if you have an STF set with the built in instant-remodulator.
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-28-2011, 11:34 AM
I too love to have a TR, I've seen them use to take down the Bosses in the Elite STFs.
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-28-2011, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuneRommel
We are so advanced that a 500 year old gun is a better weapon than what we can make.
First , I thank this captain for this post that gives me the excuse to rant on this particular point,

The point , so called " Standard Issue Borg Weapons "

These weapons have the " benifit " of the " Borg " proc , as it is called .

This proc or modifier is 15 kinetic damage to Borg NPC 's.

15 damage

only 15

This weapon modifier is More Danagerous To The User Than The Borg .

I Highly Doubt That This WILL EVER Change .

Any officer involved in prosecuting combat operations against the Borg is Highly Adviased to use the folowing guidlines when sellecting weapons for ground combat operations against the Borg .

The use of the Highest Mk # weapons possiblefor your current rank .

The modifiers [Dmg] in mutiples , {KB3] is sometimes usefull , [Dot 3] is not

The rareity of the weapon give increased dmg to the weapon , therfore Mk XII Rare weapons w/ [Dmg] are the most usefull .

Ther have been reports from the front of the over use of the " Over Charged Plasma Sniper Rfle " and of that rifles Failure to produce usefull effect against the Borg.

These reports have been verified as Accurate.

Use of the Assault weapon class called BLAST is Highly Recommended.
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-28-2011, 01:44 PM
The [Borg] modifier is quite useful, actually. Bear in mind that it is 15 extra damage per shot/damage tick, and this damage is never reduced by borg adaption. The MACO and Omega ground weapons that are so "terrible" because they do three shot bursts for primary fire will still do 48 damage per shot, even when the borg have fully adapted to that weapon type.
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-28-2011, 02:33 PM
It makes sense why a Borg Weapon would not be that effective against Borg. Although, I would prefer a different name than Borg Prosthetic for these weapons since people expect to use them as prosthetics or a makeshift weapon that uses a Borg's arm as the main component. Even using the borg prosthetic as a bat would make more sense. That would be a fun weapon to use if it ever happened. Slapping Borg with a Borg's arm.

On another note, we have Borg Space Sets so where are the Borg Ground sets?
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-28-2011, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddishWizardguy
The [Borg] modifier is quite useful, actually. Bear in mind that it is 15 extra damage per shot/damage tick, and this damage is never reduced by borg adaption. The MACO and Omega ground weapons that are so "terrible" because they do three shot bursts for primary fire will still do 48 damage per shot, even when the borg have fully adapted to that weapon type.
Not After Addaptation, when such a " benifit " would be of most use.
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-28-2011, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfHat
Not After Addaptation, when such a " benifit " would be of most use.
You are mistaken, test it out on any borg mob. You'll see the green ADAPTED text, along with a yellow 1 and a yellow 15 per shot.
Closed Thread