Lt. Commander
# 1 The STF is DEAD!
12-28-2011, 01:11 PM
The break up of the STF's was the worst idea to date. The whole point of an STF is to set aside time to go on adventure with a group of people. But now all people do is farm the space sections and you are with a different team for each part. No communication or togetherness people barely even talk now, where is the social interaction in this method? There just missions with great gear, there is no longer any STF's in STO! There are only missions that they (the DEVs) and everyone else refers to as STF's.

That is not to say the PVE queue was not a good idea, in fact it was a great idea, but the splitting up of the STF's was definitely the wrong course of action. The whole STF should be on the PVE queue not broken up! I know I might be alone on this one but I don't like it!! What do you guys think?
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-28-2011, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gornoth
The break up of the STF's was the worst idea to date. The whole point of an STF is to set aside time to go on adventure with a group of people. But now all people do is farm the space sections and you are with a different team for each part. No communication or togetherness people barely even talk now, where is the social interaction in this method? There just missions with great gear, there is no longer any STF's in STO! There are only missions that they (the DEVs) and everyone else refers to as STF's.

That is not to say the PVE queue was not a good idea, in fact it was a great idea, but the splitting up of the STF's was definitely the wrong course of action. The whole STF should be on the PVE queue not broken up! I know I might be alone on this one but I don't like it!! What do you guys think?

agreed. after they split this thing up and brought "warp-to-mission" thingy, you dont see a lot crafts around in space. its so empty... and the stfs... well.. lets say the situation was like this:

"uuuuh, takes some time, maybe i do it this saturday when i have no duty" and "hey guys, lets do a break here, i am shortly eating and then we can do the endboss"

but now its like

"well,.. i just do all of them in a row.. maybe i get one tech drop if i am really lucky.." and "oh.. a snickers.. should be enough for this mission"
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-28-2011, 01:45 PM
I also have to agree. It used to be that the STFs were special in-game events for many people. In my fleet, we would set aside 1-3 hours (depending on which STF), get a group of fleetmates together, and play through. Even after doing Infected 50 times, we felt like we ACCOMPLISHED something after each STF run. THAT is what I played the STFs for, not to get new gear. It was fun the old way, even if there were frustrating moments in each mission (I refer you back to the accomplishment factor).

Now it's "spend 30 minutes blowing stuff up for tech currency that I don't care about because there's no way I'm doing 120 of these crappy missions." I've done each of the "stf lites" at least once, and I am done. They aren't fun, I don't feel like I've accomplished anything after doing them, and I don't care about what amounts to cosmetic rewards for grinding them up to 120 times.

Cryptic should have at least left the old STFs in place for those of us who preferred them.

*sigh* Oh well...
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-28-2011, 02:36 PM
our fleet runs thems no problem...we kinda enjoy the 30 min mission vs the hour or two of missing around with them
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-28-2011, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdocduck View Post
our fleet runs thems no problem...we kinda enjoy the 30 min mission vs the hour or two of missing around with them
I have to agree with this.
In our Fleet's case, we're spread from Califonia to Scotland and since RL has a way of not allowing 2 hours of uninterrupted play, it was difficult to get 5 of us on and free for a couple hours non stop.
Now we can bang out a couple runs, take a break for feeding kids, etc then get reteamed and do a couple more.
I'm not too thrilled about the drop rates and don't enjoy the thought of having to do them over 100 times to get one set on one guy, but I'm crossing my fingers Cryptic will come out with more end game missions soon and have mthe mercy to lessen the grind since now the grind of redoing the STFs is really all they have to offer for end game missions.
Notice I didn't call them "content"....missions is what's needed.