Lt. Commander
# 11 .
12-30-2011, 08:53 AM
I love that ship... but when this game is set way far in the future ...the ship is still flying around... I rather pay for that ship then the jem Ha'Dar ship........oh wait I did pay for it .. and then they give it out for free,.

The TOS ship ...should not be alone.. how about other TOS ships.. and while we are at it... add some new ships worth playing.... 2409 series....?

2409 constitution ship is cool.. but to have TOS as a regular.. give away..

oh well have fun in game... and if you have time ... go back and watch all 3 TOS season's thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-30-2011, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayvenwing View Post
Love your avatar!
Thanks, that cat looks exactly like my two year old, I couldn't resist. I even made a sci-Caitian named after my cat He has a great biography.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-30-2011, 09:06 AM
All of Trek has always been about nostalgia. Most of the fans playing the game couldn't care less what the stardate is. They simply want to get their Trek geek on. It's just the way it is. STO isn't a TV series. It's a game trying to cater to fans from 5 decades. So some of those fans flying around in a TOS Connie for a couple of days is cool. For other fans there are more modern ships. You can't please everyone. Some fans bytch they only want new ship styles and some bytch they only want classic styles. It's just the way it is.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-01-2012, 11:16 AM
I loved my Connie as soon as I made my new character, much better than the Miranda

but damn, didn't think about getting multiple for full blue laser loadout, thats genius and I missed it
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-02-2012, 01:18 PM
It makes perfect sense! Get your connie, get those beam arrays (at least 6, perhaps 8 so you're covered from Lt to VA), and you don't have to pay for beam arrays until endgame!

Beam arrays are expensive. It's nice to have ones that level with you.

Besides... the retro beam arrays sound really cool!

(Hey, any chance for a retro torpedo launcher?)
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-02-2012, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
Trek fans are very nostalgic. It's part of their charm.
Why, thank you! I resemble that remark. TOS Connie, FTW!
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-02-2012, 03:38 PM
Thank god that ship won't ever be va.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-03-2012, 05:09 PM
I love the Connie, which Is why I got the Deluxe Edition or whaterver it was when the game launched. It's too bad it's less useful, and the Exeter is mostly useless, since you can level up with DOFF missions now. I'd prefer a T5 connie I could only use in single-player scenarios to the current lower-tier crop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
Trek fans are very nostalgic. It's part of their charm.
Sone of us are, anyways...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsonoa View Post
Thank god that ship won't ever be va.
Yes, thank god that the dreams of so many fans will continue to be crushed.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-10-2012, 12:45 PM
I happened to get the original Consitution class with my purchase of a retail copy. However, it only works well up to Lieutenant Commander. After that, you need to upgrade to a new ship. The main problem is the number of consoles it has. And the fact that it has on 2F1A set for weapons. It served me well, until I got to the Devidian and borg missions. Now I fly a Vesper class Cruiser.

Lt.Cmd Kyle
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-10-2012, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boba_Fett215
I happened to get the original Consitution class with my purchase of a retail copy. However, it only works well up to Lieutenant Commander. After that, you need to upgrade to a new ship. The main problem is the number of consoles it has. And the fact that it has on 2F1A set for weapons. It served me well, until I got to the Devidian and borg missions. Now I fly a Vesper class Cruiser.

Lt.Cmd Kyle
lol. i owned this type of ship till i reached my main goal of ship, and that was Sovereign class.

i'll leave you to your imagination.