Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
12-29-2011, 01:44 PM
[quote=mmendel46;3925715]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMiracle
And that is why i'm trying to make it not out of hand, but keep getting flamed for it.......
We are all just trying to give you a perspective that you may have not already had. The forum is for information gathering and opinions but not meant to "flame" anyone.

I think you started this to get action on your problem but you are not wanting answers you just want something that is not fair to the rest of the players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmendel46 View Post
Cryptic.......give me my ship back. That's a stupid policy, and you know it. Show some good faith and give it back, and honestly.....rethink the policy. I will remain unsubbed until there is a resolution. I'm not asking for much. I just want my ship back, that I earned in game, and only got rid of because of a bug. I don't want free stuff. I don't think i'm asking for anything irrational here. I made a mistake, I was unaware that it would be permanent, and I shouldn't be punished for not knowing every nuance of STO policy.
I hope they bump up the warnings but I would be surprised if you got your ship back. Any favour to you would be a slp in the face to everyone that has purchased ship slots from the C-Store.
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-29-2011, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrekkieTravis View Post
If you were given something free by a company and then you threw it away, would you go back to the company and expect them to replace the item you threw away at no cost to you?
I performed an in-game action, and now my item is no longer accessible.

It's more akin to if I downloaded an item for free, but then there was an issue with the download, so I tried to re download and was no longer able to claim the item.

The fact is, my ship was bugged. I received no answer to my bug report (holiday break and all), and performed the entirely reasonable...and apparently sometimes prescribed....action of decommissioning and then reclaiming the ship in order to rectify the bug.

My free item was defective. That is not my fault. Yes, I am entitled to another. I don't even want a different free item, or extra free items, I want my original free item returned to me in a non-defective state. MOST reputable companies would replace a DEFECTIVE item, which this was. Let's not forget...I did not delete the ship for extra ship slots, I did not delete the ship because I did not want it, I did not delete the ship because I thought I would get my token back in order to get another ship. I deleted my ship because IT WAS BROKEN. UNUSABLE. DEFECTIVE. And there was nothing in the game that informed that by deleting my defective item, I would be losing forever. On top of that, there was a clear precedent that I WOULD be able to reclaim the ship (my other cstore stuff). I understand now that the tokens work differently, but then I did not. I thought it was a free unlock, as if I had purchased it. There was ABSOLUTELY NO indication otherwise.

Quote:
hope they bump up the warnings but I would be surprised if you got your ship back. Any favour to you would be a slp in the face to everyone that has purchased ship slots from the C-Store.
If they deleted the ship with the understanding that they would be able to reclaim it at a later date, they should also be compensated. Cryptic's policy, unless you are an avid forum-goer is completely and totally invisible. There is absolutely nothing in-game that would lead one to believe that the ships are no reclaimable.

If reading the forum is essential to playing the game, Cryptic should put a disclaimer somewhere in the game to let you know that.....reading the forum is essential to understanding the policies of the game.

Cryptic is at fault, no matter what way you look at it.
Lt. Commander
# 23
12-29-2011, 03:16 PM
This is a Cryptic issue. There should be a warning IN GAME. Reading the forums should not be required to play a game. Thats just bad game design. I dont see how giving back the ship, the same ship, would be an unreasonable request or be unfair to people who have purchased a ship.

I hope the OP gets his ship back.
Lt. Commander
# 24
12-29-2011, 03:27 PM
Sorry, I wasn't trying to pester you. I did not read that you had a bugged ship. That is frustrating to say the least.

When you Decommission a ship it makes you go to a separate window and you actually have to type the ships name again in order to delete the ship. I checked it at lunch. It was pretty clear to me that the ship would be gone for good. If you were worried you should have stopped there and looked into it a little more. If you had a warning and an extra step like you had on anything you bought you should look into it a little more before making a final decision like that.

If you sent in a ticket you would have also see their request to check out the Search Solutions area or the forums. It is like having a problem with something you bought and checking out the user’s manual. The forums and the Search Solutions are not perfect but they are part of the game.

I am totally fine with you bringing this up in the forums but you put this in the “C-Store and Promotions“ area, which this is not a c-store issue. I think that anyone that has been “flaming” you is doing so because we are trying to explain the difference between a earned token and a C-Store purchase.

I hope you get your ship back as well I just don’t think you put it in the forums to discuss the topic, you put it in here to be the squeaky wheel. Well everyone that is commenting on it thinks that it is indeed worthy of discussion and is also making it )more) seen by the Cryptic Team.

I personally don’t think it is a good way to deal with any topic by saying “Cryptic.......give me my ship back. That's a stupid policy, and you know it. Show some good faith and give it back, and honestly.....rethink the policy. I will remain unsubbed until there is a resolution” and then treating to quit.

Unfortunately your request was made at a bad time and it is plastered all over the place even when you make a ticket in-game that:
Customer Support/GM Holiday Schedule
We will be closed:
Saturday & Sunday, Dec 24 & 25, 2011
Thursday, Dec 29, 2011
Saturday & Sunday, Dec 31, 2011 & Jan 1, 2012
Lt. Commander
# 25
12-29-2011, 06:16 PM
The problem is lack of communication from cryptic. There has always been a lack of information in-game and the forum isn't always reliable either.

1) There is no label that says the ship token ship will not be able to be reclaim.

2) The information from cryptic is spotty at best and the forums are unreliable. During S5 testing alone there was a thread asking why a Q&A section if there is no answers. The information we get is also unreliable as we found out when it came to the T5 excelsior and nebula purchases and the T3 version not being included. We also learned that they wont tell us things if they think they will make more money off of our ignorance like the bug ship odds of winning (Even McDonald has to tell you the odd of getting boardwalk in their Monopoly events.).

3) Minimal Documentation in game. I cannot find any information unless it is written on the item because it is hard to search their help system. The most useful information on this game comes from third party resources like the wiki but like any wiki we cannot even reference it in the real world because it is viewed as unreliable.

4) They did turn discharging a ship into a troubleshooting step. If they wished to prevent these kinda things then they need to make a knowledge base to give clear troubleshooting steps not a forum.

IF this issue was as clear cut as you guys are making it out to be then we wouldn't have a flame war on here with such contrast in point of view. The only way you guys would have know the ticket approach first is from either being burn yourself or by knowing someone who was burnt and learning from them. That wont help the person who is on their own struggling the learning curve of this game.
Lt. Commander
# 26
12-29-2011, 07:29 PM
mmendel46,

I feel sorry for you.
You have my sympathies, which doesn't help you unfortunately.

Yes, it's really bad and you are not the first to have this or a similar problem. Someone else lost hiis Vor'cha Retrofit this way. He bought it before Season 5, for a few EC, now it costs Dilithium worth more than 10 bucks...

Cryptic has failed hard with communication over and over. The prices are high, they are not generous and then stuff like this happens. I wish they would rather try to keep you as a customer.

You claimed a ship that is also a C-Store ship via token. But this doesn't unlock it as "C-Store" ship and it can't be reclaimed as it was for one char only... doh.
Yeah, there are little safeguards and that mistake is understandable and happened to a lot of people.

It's my love for the Space part of the game and Star Trek that keep me playing the game, I have a very low opinion of Cryptic given the many issues, lack of content, weak customer service, bugs and being damn greedy with the C-Store. They already got far more money from me than they deserve for that.

I won't touch their next game with a 10 foot pole and sometimes I wonder when they manage to drive away the next large chunk of the playerbase. They are prone to incredible blunders.

Nobody should blame you, we are all players and taking the side of a company with such a customer unfriendly policy is quite horrible!
Lt. Commander
# 27
12-31-2011, 06:15 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Community Rules and Policies. ~Q
Lt. Commander
# 28
12-31-2011, 07:46 AM
I am sorry that it did not work out for you. I wish you the best of luck in whatever game you choose to play.

Matt
Lt. Commander
# 29
12-31-2011, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMiracle
I am sorry that it did not work out for you. I wish you the best of luck in whatever game you choose to play.

Matt
Thank you.

I still do not understand why my situation caused such an outcry, nor do I particularly care anymore. Cryptic has made their decision, I have made mine. The situation over. Cryptic was unable to resolve the issue to my satisfaction, so as with any product/company, I will take my business elsewhere.

To me, it seemed like such an insignificant request, a very easy way to show some good faith to a fairly loyal customer, and generate some positive feedback. Instead, they are apparently hoping that my desire to play the game is strong enough that they can offer a terrible customer experience, and still expect me to give them my hard earned money.

I'm sorry, but not in this case. Honestly, even if I got something along the lines "Our policy will not allow us to return the ship to you, but we will work to make sure other players do not face this same situation by improving the warnings" or some such......It might have been enough. instead, I got "Buy it in the Cstore if you so upset".

So basically "We gave you horrible customer service. Please give us more money. Kthanksbye."

The world does not work that way.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-18-2012, 01:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmendel46 View Post
Thank you.

I still do not understand why my situation caused such an outcry, nor do I particularly care anymore. Cryptic has made their decision, I have made mine. The situation over. Cryptic was unable to resolve the issue to my satisfaction, so as with any product/company, I will take my business elsewhere.

To me, it seemed like such an insignificant request, a very easy way to show some good faith to a fairly loyal customer, and generate some positive feedback. Instead, they are apparently hoping that my desire to play the game is strong enough that they can offer a terrible customer experience, and still expect me to give them my hard earned money.

I'm sorry, but not in this case. Honestly, even if I got something along the lines "Our policy will not allow us to return the ship to you, but we will work to make sure other players do not face this same situation by improving the warnings" or some such......It might have been enough. instead, I got "Buy it in the Cstore if you so upset".

So basically "We gave you horrible customer service. Please give us more money. Kthanksbye."

The world does not work that way.
just trollin but...

no u should not get the ship u deleted it says in game u get one token per rank .

if u couldnt read and follow instructions that quin sent u to shipyard with a promotion and u USED that token for a ship. what makes u think that u can reclaim that ship, one token perk rank unless u somehow hit the same rank again no more tokens no more choice of a ship.

if u want the ship so bad create a new charater or use the previous ship u had.

this is like u buy a pizza from a shop put it in the oven then u forget about and its black and wasted. would u go back to the shop and say i forgot about the pizza in the oven and i burnt it i want another for free. lol u messed it up ur fault sh*p happens get over it. hey maybe u even learn a lession from this and think before u act.
have a nice day