Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
# 31
01-20-2012, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog0000
this is like u buy a pizza from a shop put it in the oven then u forget about and its black and wasted. would u go back to the shop and say i forgot about the pizza in the oven and i burnt it i want another for free. lol u messed it up ur fault sh*p happens get over it. hey maybe u even learn a lession from this and think before u act.
have a nice day
I think it is worse than that. You actually get another warning that says "Warning: if you decommission this ship it will be deleted and you will not be able to get it back. To confirm the permanent removal of this ship please type out the name” Then you actually have to type in U.S.S. OOPS in order to get rid of the ship.

I think if Cryptic thinks that they have not given enough warning for this then they

I am not sure what Cryptic can do for a situation like this. Th fact is that he removed the ship to make more room for another ship and later when he changed his mind (or has another ship slot available) he wanted his icing on the pizza as well. I just have a problem with the OP suggesting it is a bad policy and demanding the Cryptic makes good on his screw-up. And then posting in the community forums for discussion but only accepting support and nothing else.
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-22-2012, 11:23 AM
Quote:
I'm just going to set this here and walk away.

Cryptic has said countless times in the fourms that a discharged ship obtained via the VA token would not be redeamable. This was also the rule before F2P. If I discharged a ship that I bought with energy credits I would have to pay the same number of energy creds to get it back. Same thing here. You discharge a Tier 5.5 ship you bougth with a token you either A. Have to buy the ship which costs x C-points, or B spend a token. However you already used your token, so the only option is to pay the C-ponts.
and then cryptic goes and says that the majority of the community doesn't even read the forums, remember?

there is no in-game notification to warn the player that it can't be redeemed, and as others have said, many people will tell you to discharge and reclaim the ship. if there is a difference between the way token and cstore ships operate in this way (and clearly there is) then its cryptics responsibility to make that difference clear to people.

Quote:
If you were given something free by a company and then you threw it away, would you go back to the company and expect them to replace the item you threw away at no cost to you?
its not free. people that got the token were paying customers.

Quote:
no u should not get the ship u deleted it says in game u get one token per rank .
it says one token, not one ship. and the ship he got was defective, hence the reason for dismissing it in the first place. hes not asking for another token, hes asking for his defective ship to be replaced with one that works

Quote:
You actually get another warning that says "Warning: if you decommission this ship it will be deleted and you will not be able to get it back
theres nothing that says that those particular ships are not reclaimable. they are cstore ships and all cstore ships are reclaimable. there is no warning stating that ones obtained via the token were any different

Quote:
I am not sure what Cryptic can do for a situation like this. Th fact is that he removed the ship to make more room for another ship and later when he changed his mind (or has another ship slot available) he wanted his icing on the pizza as well.
what? he removed the ship as a troubleshooting attempt because the ship didn't work correctly.

Quote:
l. I just have a problem with the OP suggesting it is a bad policy and demanding the Cryptic makes good on his screw-up
the screw up is cryptics doing. i'll repeat: t heres nothing that states that a token ship is in any way different from the same ship purchased in the cstore. if you can't see how that is bad policy you need to rethink things a little. a simple popup window stating that you can't reclaim token ships would solve alot of problems.