Lt. Commander
I know there was a post about this but some how i cant find it on how to remodulate weapons (i though there was something mentioned about it ) is there a way to remodulate the weapons during combat
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-27-2011, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHALESS2000 View Post
I know there was a post about this but some how i cant find it on how to remodulate weapons (i though there was something mentioned about it ) is there a way to remodulate the weapons during combat
When in space, go to your replicator (press I, at the bottom of the inventory you'll see the Replicator tab) and select the Remodulator from the list, it's right at the very top. When you have it place it in one of your device slots, it should then show up on your tray with your other skills.
When the Borg adapt to your weapons fire click the icon or a keybind you have selected for it, whichever you use and your character will remodulate your weapon allowing you to continue firing. You'll usually only get between 5 and 8 shots between remodulation so it's worth using high DPS single fire weapons like Compression Pistols. Sniper Rifles are generally also useful for other reasons outside of the high single target damage such as the longer range and the Pulsewave for its powerful AoE attack.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-27-2011, 02:31 PM
Actually the lower DPS is usually better.
Since DPS also factors in the rate fire, with higher DPS weapons having lower damage output per shot that is compensated by a higher rate of fire.
So what you actually want is to maximise the damage per shot.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-27-2011, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
Actually the lower DPS is usually better.
Since DPS also factors in the rate fire, with higher DPS weapons having lower damage output per shot that is compensated by a higher rate of fire.
So what you actually want is to maximise the damage per shot.
The high DPS was specifically referring to the compression pistol which has the highest DPS of the pistols, both AoE and single target although it wasn't very clear in my above post. I'll correct it now so it's a little clearer.

I'll clarify that a little more, I only use the Compression Pistol for the instant expose shot where it's high base damage and high rate of fire allows rapid exploit shots on multiple exposed targets without carrying a split beam around with me. The only real downside to the Compression Pistol is it's relatively short range but I can't say that's ever been an issue for me when paired with a Sniper Rifle.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-27-2011, 04:15 PM
thnxs all for the info
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-27-2011, 08:35 PM
I've forgotten, did Assimilated tell you tell create remodulators in the mission text, or is there no in-game way to find out? New players in the Invasion Zone really will need to have that told to them.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-28-2011, 06:54 AM
Be sure to get one for each of your BOffs on your away team.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-28-2011, 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlausWulfenbach View Post
I've forgotten, did Assimilated tell you tell create remodulators in the mission text, or is there no in-game way to find out? New players in the Invasion Zone really will need to have that told to them.
I can't remember if you're ever told where to get the remodulator from, I skip the tutorial now and don't recall it being in the old tutorial. It really should be in there somewhere though, without it the Borg are impossible to get past and it's not uncommon to see VAs running around without them. I've been in fleet STF runs before the changes where we've took a PuG or two and often the PuGs have needed a remodulator from one of my BOffs.
It would be helpful if the remodulators were given out as part of the basic equipment you pick up from the locker at the Academy after the tutorial, that way everyone would have one.