Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
12-30-2011, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Bailey
Nice!

also could we have a room where we could watch star trek clips like a viewing room. I will bring the popcorn
Don't mean to take this off-topic.

That is another idea I was thinking could direct benefit CBS and Paramount. Coming from Xbox Live, Netflix used to have parties allow people to discuss a video they were all viewing and I was thinking each ship could have a Holodeck area where videos can be watched alone or in groups. You pay a $5 to 20 fee per month(with the low end being for subscribers) to CBS or Paramount to have full access to all the Star Trek shows and movies that exist today. And before each episode,there is a small message about what NPC, mission or place in the game the episode has references in. A great way of educating new and old players about the "Path to 2409" instead of through just text, and CBS and Paramount get DIRECT profits to boot which I am sure they would like over just measly royalties.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
12-30-2011, 02:43 PM
Considering it's supposed to be accessed via doorways a transwarp there maybe isn't appropriate. They should just add it to the drop down along with "Visit Bridge". Then we can just assume we've walked through a door somewhere in our ship and (ta-da!) there you are.

It'd be a little like a Hideout from Champions then... except communal.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
12-30-2011, 06:26 PM
I forgot that the Captian's Chair even existed...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
12-30-2011, 07:17 PM
/signed

I think the place is great, but not worth all the tons of loading screens, especially when ESD next door has MUCH more to offer.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
12-30-2011, 08:02 PM
The issue with starbases in this game is that when you progress through the levels, and visit different regions, you require a starbase to fall back to. Starbase 39 for the romulans, K7 for klingons, ds9 for cardassians.
But as you go further and further, you find yourself always having to return to ESD for the essentials to get the job done.
Why is D'Vak now on DS9, when he could have stayed in Battle Group Omega??!! and taken the load off DS9?!

Every starbase should have a boff and doff vendor, skill trainer, and level appropriate items - DS9 for example would do captain and rear admiral gear, K7 would do everything as it supports pvp'ers, battlegroup does X, XI and XII stuff.
In the shows, officers got picked up, dropped off at starbases, and the same should ring true here.

We shouldn't have to go back to ESD unless it's to see Q (on the rare occasion), or to pick up a new ship.

If Cryptic do not want us crafting on our ships, then perhaps put crafting areas on all starbases as well, as i personally am not fond of the art textures of memory alpha - you know, the same texture that is repeatedly used in explore the b'tran cluster - and memory alpha is a little messed up with many rooms not serving a whole lot of purpose now..

But yes, the captains table would be a great idea if everything was there!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
12-30-2011, 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirian_darkstar View Post

So already the Captain's Table is useless by comparison to ESD or Qo'noS.
Its not totally useless. lets face it if your going to the bank and the exchange and you want to avoid the lag. there you go.

If you want to meet someone near ESD and dont want the lag again its there.

however truthfully it should have everything in ESD and maybe a the doff missions you mentioned. basically if they added that to the thing i would be there instead of ESD. in fact i might be moving there anyway and only going to esd when i absolutly have to.

I find that i can usually find the skills i want to train my officers in on another boff somewhere and i just train them up. if i cant find it one one i have i can usually find it on a boff in the exchange. again solves that whole problem
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
12-30-2011, 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Bailey
Nice!

also could we have a room where we could watch star trek clips like a viewing room. I will bring the popcorn
James,

Shame on you. You know the only really good place to watch Star Trek in this game is while your Character is on the bridge, sitting in their command chair, watching it on the main view screem.

god it just gives me so much nerdy happyness i almost cant stand it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
12-30-2011, 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayvenwing View Post
Its not totally useless. lets face it if your going to the bank and the exchange and you want to avoid the lag. there you go.

If you want to meet someone near ESD and dont want the lag again its there.

however truthfully it should have everything in ESD and maybe a the doff missions you mentioned. basically if they added that to the thing i would be there instead of ESD. in fact i might be moving there anyway and only going to esd when i absolutly have to.

I find that i can usually find the skills i want to train my officers in on another boff somewhere and i just train them up. if i cant find it one one i have i can usually find it on a boff in the exchange. again solves that whole problem
What if you don't get lag at ESD?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
12-30-2011, 11:36 PM
I always liked the Captain's Table because there's less running around to use the bank, mail, exchange, vendor & ship yard. Everything is easier to get to which saves time.

That said, I stopped going there because of the new ESD and new Qo'noS. I just gotta fly my ship inside ESD once I see those cool doors open. And the First City is just awesome now. Not to mention Duty Officer Recruitment missions once you beam down.

I've forgotten all about the Captain's Table. It might be a nice refuge from whacked out zone chat or straight up lag from too many people once F2P hits. I'd love an instant travel option to go there.

And since "Transwarp" is not appropriate just rename it to "Inter-Dimensional Space-Time Bubble Gateway" or whatever techno-babble you want to make up.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
12-31-2011, 05:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirror-Master
I always liked the Captain's Table because there's less running around to use the bank, mail, exchange, vendor & ship yard. Everything is easier to get to which saves time.

That said, I stopped going there because of the new ESD and new Qo'noS. I just gotta fly my ship inside ESD once I see those cool doors open. And the First City is just awesome now. Not to mention Duty Officer Recruitment missions once you beam down.

I've forgotten all about the Captain's Table. It might be a nice refuge from whacked out zone chat or straight up lag from too many people once F2P hits. I'd love an instant travel option to go there.

And since "Transwarp" is not appropriate just rename it to "Inter-Dimensional Space-Time Bubble Gateway" or whatever techno-babble you want to make up.
They could, at the very least, add entrance points to the Captain's Table from remote zones with no starbase although it might as well be a transwarp option then.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:36 AM.