Lt. Commander
# 11
01-03-2012, 01:58 AM
I haven't played in a couple of months and am new to the update. What does STF stand for? and where is this borg equipment vendor? I only have 2 of the 4 pieces of the set - but i completed the missions well before the update. What is the currency (edc) you speak of?
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-03-2012, 02:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
I would advise looking at the scaling mission replay rewards for other "bargain priced" gear as well.

The best very rare turnrate boosting set of engines is in mission replay.

At some point, I plan to make a master list of the epics you can get through replay.
Please share the list - I would love to see good sets and rare finds other than STF endgame
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-03-2012, 08:27 AM
The last undine mission has a neutronium alloy mk xi blue.

One of the Romulan missions has a plasma [acc]x2 (and a klink replay rewards the console mk xi blue)

My most recent favorite (until I found out that the procs are on a cooldown apparently) was a Cardassian mission that features a Tetryon mk xi blue....... 10% proc chance
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-03-2012, 09:57 AM
Shhhhhhhhhhh!
Don't let Cryptic hear!
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-03-2012, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringerthrawn View Post
I haven't played in a couple of months and am new to the update. What does STF stand for? and where is this borg equipment vendor? I only have 2 of the 4 pieces of the set - but i completed the missions well before the update. What is the currency (edc) you speak of?
See my sig
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-03-2012, 07:56 PM
If you guys are talking about the set that makes you look like a Borgified vessel, I want to know how to get that set also. And EDC? Are those Borg salvage drops or some certificate for completing the STF?
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-03-2012, 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky_13_X
If you guys are talking about the set that makes you look like a Borgified vessel, I want to know how to get that set also. And EDC? Are those Borg salvage drops or some certificate for completing the STF?
EDC are Encrypted Data Disk... They're the most common form of borg salvage - you get one from every STF (two on elite) and they can randomly drop.

To get the set, go to Roxy at the desk in the Omega Force office on the DS9 promenade, and in his general merchandise store you can buy the set pieces for 5 EDC each. The 4th piece, a universal console, you can get from replaying the normal single player mission Assimilated in the Undine front.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-03-2012, 08:56 PM
Thanks. I will try to get that done after the Q Event and sales are over. Don't really have the time for all those STF's now.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-04-2012, 01:17 PM
And check the little events calendar (under the Events Tab), too. Every week for two days (Wednesdays and Thursdays, to be exact), there's this sort of "STF bonus" thing where, if you play either half (ground or space) of the corresponding highlighted STF for those two days each week, you get extra salvage and Dilithium. I've already gotten two components of the Borg set for my Nausicaan Tac (should have the third by today or tomorrow), then all I'll need to do is the "Assimilated" mission for the console to complete the set (even though I now have to go through the Breen missions and make LG to unlock said mission ).

Oh yeah, since I mentioned it, there's also a Universal Console in one of the Borg missions (again, "Assimilated") needed to complete the Borg set. Just FYI.