Lt. Commander
# 151
01-05-2012, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmdrSkyfaller
2- Ships once available account wide now turned to character-only locked. That only tells me that Cryptic is perfectly willing to bone their existing clients in the rear end and hump them towards more c-store purchases. That is not acceptable and thus no more money from me.
!
But this is only true for 'Silver Accounts'...
Quote:
Silver Players Receive a Free Ship Token at theLieutenant Commander, and Commander Ranks, and are provided a discount on a new ships unlocked at later ranks. Standard Ships are unlocked using Dilithium an in-game Resource
And this only applies to Standard Ships, C-Store ships are still an account-wide unlock for both 'Gold' and 'Silver'....
Lt. Commander
# 152
01-05-2012, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScifiKabbal
Do we know this to be the case?
It is the case. It is one of the tickets lost in limbo that their customer service has yet to answer. one week and counting.

I had the Tier 3 nebula purchased pre-patch and purchased the tier 5 nebula post-patch. I also had the ST:Enterprise era uniform bundle and could only access the NX ship but not the uniform sets.

From one week to another my tier 3 nebula went from account-wide to single character access only and the NX ships I can only access on one character but not the others.. and the c-store shows the NX era enterprise bundle as 'purchased' but cannot claim it nor access it on any account.

Frankly that only tells me they've been messing with the cstore to prepare for character-only unlocks in the future and all the while rip off those who already purchased under the guise of their 'everything is subject to change' crap we had to agree to when making the account and purchases.

Bait and switch and fraud is bait and switch and fraud no matter how you look at it.
Lt. Commander
# 153
01-05-2012, 12:59 PM
My question is: Why the huge increase to begin with? It just reeks of paranoid greed, as in they are scared that they won't get enough money for the long term so they'll try to get what they can from the F2P suckers who will leave in two weeks.

That's ok though. Cryptic clearly knows what it's doing. It never bungled up anything before in City of Heroes / Villains or Champions, right?

I like Star Trek. I like Star trek Online (mostly), but to see this game transform in arguably drastic ways has me a bit concerned. It's hewing way too closely to typical F2P tropes with pathetically low drop rates and absurd grinds. Please find better ways to make a F2P game other than a lite version of the Asian F2P models.
Lt. Commander
# 154
01-05-2012, 01:07 PM
Hello Cryptic. There seems to be a new bug with this new patch. C-store prices are outrageously high.
Lt. Commander
# 155
01-05-2012, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiter83 View Post
Hello Cryptic. There seems to be a new bug with this new patch. C-store prices are outrageously high.
I was going to say that I was surprised that the prices are higher than they were on Tribble. But i am not anymore....
Lt. Commander
# 156
01-05-2012, 01:29 PM
Hi Captains. I've been in communication with CS regarding the sale and they have asked me to let you know to please submit a billing ticket if you purchased an item before 10am and received the wrong price. I am sorry for the confusion and am looking into ways on how we can avoid this in the future.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Lt. Commander
# 157
01-05-2012, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmdrSkyfaller
It is the case. It is one of the tickets lost in limbo that their customer service has yet to answer. one week and counting.

I had the Tier 3 nebula purchased pre-patch and purchased the tier 5 nebula post-patch. I also had the ST:Enterprise era uniform bundle and could only access the NX ship but not the uniform sets.

From one week to another my tier 3 nebula went from account-wide to single character access only and the NX ships I can only access on one character but not the others.. and the c-store shows the NX era enterprise bundle as 'purchased' but cannot claim it nor access it on any account.

Frankly that only tells me they've been messing with the cstore to prepare for character-only unlocks in the future and all the while rip off those who already purchased under the guise of their 'everything is subject to change' crap we had to agree to when making the account and purchases.

Bait and switch and fraud is bait and switch and fraud no matter how you look at it.
Strange, I purchased a Tier 3 Nebula last week for one of my Alts, and it shows as an Account Wide Unlock... Though claiming unlocked items can be confusing... Unlocked ships have to be claimed from the Vendor in Ship Requistions... And some of the packages (such as the Enterprise Bundle...) have to be claimed from the 'Legacy Unlocks' tab of the C-store...
Lt. Commander
# 158
01-05-2012, 01:34 PM
Why is everything more expensive here than Cryptic's other game, Champions Online? They get the same stipend as we do. Their costumes are 380 and their archetypes and devices are 920 each.
Lt. Commander
# 159
01-05-2012, 01:35 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Community Rules and Policies. ~Q
Lt. Commander
# 160 Poor Show
01-05-2012, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWE_BranFlakes
Hi Captains. I've been in communication with CS regarding the sale and they have asked me to let you know to please submit a billing ticket if you purchased an item before 10am and received the wrong price. I am sorry for the confusion and am looking into ways on how we can avoid this in the future.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
A bit of a pointless excercise as I decided not to make my final Cstore purchases at 9.40am PST as I was not going to pay the new rip off C-Store prices.

All I knew was that the new pricnig had come into effect and far as I was concerned was that Cryptic had stopped the sale early and did not think that Cryptic would honour the sale price even if I complained.