RA+ more expensive.
Lt. Commander
# 72
12-30-2011, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xilr
People like this guy are what caused "F2P" to become such a scam

http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/12...virtual-sword/

Too hard for companies to resist crap like that. I hope every player he kills with that sword quits and never gives that company another dime again.
I can't help but feel we've let Gene down. my faith in humanity is shaken and thus I'm a very sad panda
Lt. Commander
# 73
12-30-2011, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShirtJohnson
I can't help but feel we've let Gene down. my faith in humanity is shaken and thus I'm a very sad panda
We let Gene down a long time ago. Specifically, during Deep Space Nine and Voyager.

And besides, do you really think he would approve of the non-scifi Abrams Trek movie anyway?
Lt. Commander
# 74 .
12-30-2011, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Making Star Trek ONLINE a war game.. did that( letting him down)
Lt. Commander
# 75
12-30-2011, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoshiirRa View Post
We let Gene down a long time ago. Specifically, during Deep Space Nine and Voyager.

And besides, do you really think he would approve of the non-scifi Abrams Trek movie anyway?
I will amend my previous statement, I can't but help feel we've let Gene down even further..

Deep Space Nine and voyager had they're faults but Enterprise was slap in the face.

as for the Abrams Trek, I think ( and that's all one can unless they had the honor to meet the creator in person ) that if Gene where alive today he would of never let that thing get anywhere never being produced.

of course on that same note, things like Earth Final Conflict and Andromeda might never of seen the light of day.
Lt. Commander
# 76 .
12-30-2011, 08:57 AM
I agree..

I was always a TNG fan.. until 7 or 8 years.. I watched the TOS again.. and a bit older...

I like the other shows a bit.. but never as much ............
Lt. Commander
# 77
12-30-2011, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitoreen View Post
Making Star Trek ONLINE a war game.. did that( letting him down)
Selling the game to China didn't help...
Lt. Commander
# 78
12-30-2011, 09:14 AM
All I wanted for Christmas was a playable Romulan faction, and the return of Romulus...ahhh...I guess I can't buy that here.
Lt. Commander
# 79
12-30-2011, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBFLordKrueg View Post
Selling the game to China didn't help...
this is as if BBC had sold Doctor Who to the the U.S.S.R and made it a sitcom with canned laughter and cut out all the time travel and mention of sci-fi.
Lt. Commander
# 80
12-30-2011, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterSnowblind View Post
I'm holding off for a 50% sale when the F2P hits. Even if the prices go up, the bigger sale will make them even cheaper than they are now.. and it's pretty likely they'll do something like this, as the F2P launch hype is when most people are likely to buy stuff, even if they end up leaving after a day or two.
I agree it's likely that there will be another sale when F2P goes public, but using Champs as a model the discount may still only be 20%.

Quote:
If they don't.. then I'll happily keep my money away from Cryptic.
I hear ya While I can't complain that my initial investement of $300 hasn't paid itself off (Who hasn't paid $60 for a game they shelved after two hours?) I still don't believe that Cryptic has earned it yet. So for now it'll be trying to get the most bang out of the stipend, meaning only spending it during sales. Your mention of 50% made me go check out the Champ's web site though and it's looking like there'll be no huge advantage to waiting since the stipend accumulation so far isn't enough for a ship.