Lt. Commander
# 1 pvp action at commander rank
12-27-2011, 06:01 PM
Is there any I checked the queues today and they were empty for the most part? Is all the pvp happening for the most part at vice admiral?

Cmdr Pegid
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-27-2011, 06:30 PM
Think you answered your own question. Levelling is too fast in this game in PvE to wait around for PvP queues. Most just race to the top, start gearing up then pew pew.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-28-2011, 12:12 AM
That has always been the problem with lower tier PVP, they nerfed the XP gains from PVP so its far quicker to level doing PVE than PVP so nobody really PVP's at lower tiers unless they are bored.

That combined with this games low PVP population and you have nobody really pvp'ing at lower tiers, you might be lucky and get 1 match or so in prime time, but outside of that forget it.

Star trek should do with TOR does and scale all the lower tier players ships to be effective at rear admiral level. So buff their HP and damage to compensate for the player level and lack of weapon slots / bo powers. All but up to max rank. So once you hit max rank you only fight other max rank players ( unlike TOR at the moment i believe max rank pvp should be kept separate from lower tiers.)

There should really be only two types of PVP levels, which would really help lower level PVP.

1) Max rank PVP ( currently rank 51 what everyone plays at now)
2) Everything lower than that ( all ranks <51 merge into one gametype and scale ships accordingly)
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-28-2011, 02:46 AM
Although the pvp matches at commander and other lower ranks are few and far between, they are some of my personal favourite ranks to pvp at. A few less captain powers and a few less boff slots and it turns into a different game that is, to me, very enjoyable.

At least, that was before all the new fun(tm) consoles came out, so I'd imagine that low level pvp is just as borked now as the VA pvp... Perhaps moreso, considering a more limited ability to counter the fun(tm)
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-03-2012, 08:40 AM
play at LTCMDR and its SFC all over again