Lt. Commander
# 21
12-30-2011, 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
Yep! :p

"Don't rush ahead!"
"You're a Sci, you're supposed to hang back from behind the Cruisers and fire support on what we call"
*2 minutes later everyone else is dead, I'll still chugging along basically tanking the entire map, and I'm the one Extending the Cruisers.*

It's amazing how much easier everything is in PvE. I haven't done any PvE since I hit RA 3 to get the Borg gear... might need to start doing it more :p GW 3 + FAW 1 + Beta = lolololol. Might have to add FBP into that since I get so much aggro.
Hmmm,, I hadn't realized that could have been so entertaining, mayhaps next time I'll pop in there too.

As for the new guys coming in,, I learned the hard way and I'll be danged if their not gonna too.
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-30-2011, 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameSpock View Post
Could we be a little less rude, vulgar, crass, arrogant and disgusting?

Or am I asking a sieve to hold water?

its all in jest my friend,

how about getting some thicker skin.
Lt. Commander
# 23
12-30-2011, 11:54 PM
Just wanted to point out a couple of things from experiences with other MMos.

Has anyone ever played Pirates of the Burning Sea? It's a sandbox type "consequence pvp" MMo, the pvp is extremely epic, but players can capture and/or destroy permanently, player ships, even in open pvp.

You can't always control or decide entering PvP,players create the zones by contesting ports, and you could enter a port to trade and an hour later it could be "Red" and open pvP. In which case you have two choices: stay put for roughly a week or two, or risk getting ganked and losing all your gear(equivalent to all your consoles and equipment etc) or even having your ship captured (Pirate faction could do this) or sunk. (permanently you'll be paying another pc crafter of ships millions to build you a new one).

PvP was how you won or lost ports, scheduled epic sized port battles were result of enough contention.

If players of a nation did not respond to the 25 man PvP and help fight, basically you would likely lose and the conquered ports stayed conquered for a month roughly of real time, every occupied port that was your nationality suddenly taxed beyond belief for your warehouses, auction house prices, etc life was rough fior losers.

My point in bringing this up, was what was the doom of a nation was pvper's with mentalities like the ones I am reading in this thread.

Instead of "teaching the noobs with tough love" NO ONE wanted to help fight anymore and the nation was sucking bad as a result.

F2p players first of all, you won't be able to tell unless they come out and say they are new. They won't have labels on their ships "F2p U.S.S. Noob".

The more players we get, the more cash Cryptic will get towards R+D to bring in cooler new features, ships etc.

Want the Romulan faction finally? We need numbers to warrant the new faction in the first place, or else the balance of Fed/KDF/Romulans would be way off to make fun for anyone in PvP.

Making their experience in PvP "schooling" likely won't make them want to try harder, as you seem to predict, but just the opposite. I am not suggesting going easy on them, but ganking/focusing on them is not very impressive, what's the point?

Don't you want a challenge?
Lt. Commander
# 24
12-31-2011, 02:49 AM
I think that loving klinguns this time are right. The PvP is like the gladiator arena, one can't expect mercy or a detailed explanation on how brandishing a sword.
The most talented fighters are also the most fierce and it is also true that while one died in ancient Rome, fortunately in Stol more you're vaporized, before you'll learn.
The problem of noobs who react badly to the humiliating defeats is the fact that they have a fantastic PvE starship, but then they realize in PvP it sucks.
This is the crucial moment for a future good PvPer: leaving for ever or asking for advice, but certainly not with who gank and tease you every time, but with the fleetmates PvP veterans. I've done so and when I felt ready, after many battles among my fleet, I launched myself into the space melee!
Lt. Commander
# 25
12-31-2011, 03:05 AM
And because thank God I know the English language I read of course all the PvP threads on the forum!
Lt. Commander
# 26
12-31-2011, 03:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameSpock View Post
Could we be a little less rude, vulgar, crass, arrogant and disgusting?

Or am I asking a sieve to hold water?
i dont recall reading anything rude, vulgar, or crass. arrogant, well yeah duh. its human nature to be a little arrogant when you know you're good at something. sorry for being human.

how is this disgusting btw?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chooch99 View Post
Just wanted to point out a couple of things from experiences with other MMos.

Has anyone ever played Pirates of the Burning Sea? It's a sandbox type "consequence pvp" MMo, the pvp is extremely epic, but players can capture and/or destroy permanently, player ships, even in open pvp.

You can't always control or decide entering PvP,players create the zones by contesting ports, and you could enter a port to trade and an hour later it could be "Red" and open pvP. In which case you have two choices: stay put for roughly a week or two, or risk getting ganked and losing all your gear(equivalent to all your consoles and equipment etc) or even having your ship captured (Pirate faction could do this) or sunk. (permanently you'll be paying another pc crafter of ships millions to build you a new one).

PvP was how you won or lost ports, scheduled epic sized port battles were result of enough contention.

If players of a nation did not respond to the 25 man PvP and help fight, basically you would likely lose and the conquered ports stayed conquered for a month roughly of real time, every occupied port that was your nationality suddenly taxed beyond belief for your warehouses, auction house prices, etc life was rough fior losers.

My point in bringing this up, was what was the doom of a nation was pvper's with mentalities like the ones I am reading in this thread.

Instead of "teaching the noobs with tough love" NO ONE wanted to help fight anymore and the nation was sucking bad as a result.

F2p players first of all, you won't be able to tell unless they come out and say they are new. They won't have labels on their ships "F2p U.S.S. Noob".

The more players we get, the more cash Cryptic will get towards R+D to bring in cooler new features, ships etc.

Want the Romulan faction finally? We need numbers to warrant the new faction in the first place, or else the balance of Fed/KDF/Romulans would be way off to make fun for anyone in PvP.

Making their experience in PvP "schooling" likely won't make them want to try harder, as you seem to predict, but just the opposite. I am not suggesting going easy on them, but ganking/focusing on them is not very impressive, what's the point?

Don't you want a challenge?
so youre saying all of us veteran players need to baby sit anyone who joins into pvp matches? umm im sorry but i dont play this game to baby sit everyone. if someone has the desire to learn then they should also have a little bit of tough skin to weather these kinds of things. its not like i'm saying everyone needs to gun down everything that moves.

but why should it be OUR responsibility to teach people the basics of pvp? shouldnt the game have a course on how to do that? i mean that is why we "hardcore" pvp'rs pay to play this game right?

also, i dont really want a romulan faction. i want a fun balanced game for pvp'rs as well as pve'rs and a nivce long tutorial on the basics to pvp'ing so newer people wont have such a steep learning curve and give up.

oh and to any returning veterans, this may not apply to you depending on how rusty you've gotten since youve left. after all, season 5 did basically make it a whole new game ,and with the up comming forced ground split it'll be like learning a little new game again.

so excuse me for making a light hearted post about beating up new people. i'm sorry to those who took so much offense to it.....

i guess that makes you one of the new people? O
Lt. Commander
# 27
12-31-2011, 04:48 AM
You said nothing that warrants an apology, Matteo. Nobody who has ever PvP'd in this game has done so without getting "ganked". It is part of the PvP experience in this game. The fundamental shift in speed from PvE to PvP is enough to cause this. Some will be used to it, some wont. Some will want to learn, some won't. That's the way it has always been, and likely will always be. The fact that you brought this up, if nothing else, brings further light to that fact. It is a problem, agreed, but one that the game causes, not the players (well, maybe the players who KNOW that it COULDN'T possibly be THEIR fault they died have a bit to do with it).
Lt. Commander
# 28
12-31-2011, 05:30 AM
I know, i'm just saying if you "focus" on the F2pers of course I'm aware of ganking and the Pvp mentality

Actually, I was probably being over dramatic about it, I apologize.
Lt. Commander
# 29
12-31-2011, 05:53 AM
No body said anything inappropriate.
Lt. Commander
# 30
12-31-2011, 06:34 AM
I think we should post a message ate te start of each match:

"Interested in PvP? Join the OrganisedPvP chat channel for some advise and help finding a PvP fleet. Also ask for a kind gentleman called Mikey, hes always happy to help "

Other than that I'm looking forward to the free kills :p