Lt. Commander
Thinking it was just an oversight, I've tried 5 different first contact scenarios with the same exact bug. The last NPC you talk to before the ambassador can't be spoken to. And, as such, you can't talk to the ambassador until then.

Here is a screenshot. The NPC should have a converse flag.

http://i798.photobucket.com/albums/y.../snapshot3.png
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-20-2011, 06:42 PM
No community input so far.

I guess I'm one of the rare ones who liked the first contact missions, oh well.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-20-2011, 10:27 PM
I had the same bug today.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-20-2011, 10:58 PM
I got the same bug too. It happened on three consecutive FC missions, I just gave up doing them after that. Maybe they're in the process of updating them so the diplomatic xp reward isn't so low.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-21-2011, 08:25 AM
Yeah, this has happened to me multiple times. I submitted tickets, more than likely Cryptic knows about it and will be fixing it soon.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-21-2011, 09:56 AM
I'm unable to even do theses, I must be doing something wrong. Been grinding breen missions in defari space to rank to ambassador from the rank just below. Don't remember what the name is. How do you get these?
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-21-2011, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurga
I'm unable to even do theses, I must be doing something wrong. Been grinding breen missions in defari space to rank to ambassador from the rank just below. Don't remember what the name is. How do you get these?
Talk to Jiro Sugihara, the same guy who offers the diplomacy missions. They should be offered around the envoy level, no need to be ambassador. They're actually there to help you get to ambassador.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-21-2011, 01:14 PM
I had this same problem yesterday (the first mission I'd done in a while). I thought it was an old mission I never finished and dropped it without filing a ticket. I haven't had another yet but it sounds like it isn't just an isolated incident.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-21-2011, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f(t)
Talk to Jiro Sugihara, the same guy who offers the diplomacy missions. They should be offered around the envoy level, no need to be ambassador. They're actually there to help you get to ambassador.
I have he tells you to go explore. I go where he tells me to. I even spent hrs in one of those areas flying around doing aid the planet, and the such. Never was I once offered a first contact mission.
Lt. Commander
# 10 Same Prob
12-21-2011, 07:08 PM
get the last of the entourage before speaking with the Ambassador proper, have bugged it (the ingame ticketing system doesn't appear to work fully, it used to but I can't see the current tickets I have) and am currently attempting the 5th before finally giving up for ever

update...tried talking to the Diplomat first, no engage dialogue or interact bubble, went to the Ambassador, initiated the protocol...read the dialogues and they don't make sense either...it appears a summation from an earlier post may indeed be correct...that the system is being overhauled; my advice...leave Jiro be, do The stuff that comes up in Orellius Sector and use the DOff diplomacy system to concentrate on ranking up.