Lt. Commander
# 1 I wanna find the Enterprise-E
12-26-2011, 07:21 PM
Based on what i learned from my last post, the Enterprise E is still in service and has not been decomissioned. Does anybody know where i can find it in game? Are there any missions involved where you intereact with it? And based on the old TNG episode "all good things", is Picard working in a wine farm or is he still an ambassador currently?
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-26-2011, 08:21 PM
The Enterprise-E's not in game. It's whereabouts are currently unknown - in late 2408 it was sent to investigate a starbase that had lost communications contact.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-27-2011, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxDocToR_DeaThxX
Based on what i learned from my last post, the Enterprise E is still in service and has not been decomissioned. Does anybody know where i can find it in game? Are there any missions involved where you intereact with it? And based on the old TNG episode "all good things", is Picard working in a wine farm or is he still an ambassador currently?
No, in one of the little data snips during the loading screens it says that the Enterprise E was lost while on some mission and not heard from again. Hence the building of the F. It's possible we might see it again, though at this point starfleet would have removed it from the active ships registry. And if it did reappear I'm not sure what they would do with it, renaming a ship is considered very unlucky and a no no, though I suppose you could just have 2 Enterprises running around.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-27-2011, 02:02 PM
I would love to be the ship that finds the lost enterprise... But its gone... removed from service... one way or another
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-27-2011, 05:02 PM
STO can't really kill off Data or the Enterprise-E or else CBS will flip out. I'm sure they are trying to work out the story between IP and Cryptic to bring forward the Enterprise-F story without ****ing off CBS since they are using the TNG crew for novels.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-27-2011, 05:12 PM
The Enterprise-F competition was as we learned shortly after the winner was announced CBS's brainchild, though. They may not be ok with killing Data, but they're the ones that signed the Enterprise-E's death warrant as it were.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-27-2011, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adml_shake View Post
No, in one of the little data snips during the loading screens it says that the Enterprise E was lost while on some mission and not heard from again. Hence the building of the F. It's possible we might see it again, though at this point starfleet would have removed it from the active ships registry. And if it did reappear I'm not sure what they would do with it, renaming a ship is considered very unlucky and a no no, though I suppose you could just have 2 Enterprises running around.
from what I understand, that detail was removed at CBS's insistence, currently it's fate is left ambiguous. but I'm sure we'll find out something when they unveil the Ent-F
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-27-2011, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adml_shake View Post
I suppose you could just have 2 Enterprises running around.
You mean 30, right? :p
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-27-2011, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACES_HIGH View Post
from what I understand, that detail was removed at CBS's insistence, currently it's fate is left ambiguous. but I'm sure we'll find out something when they unveil the Ent-F
The bit's still there. It's always been ambiguous - the E went on that mission and then... just disappeared from the timeline. When I said it's whereabouts are unknown, I meant it as a player - none of the information we have says what happened after she left for that mission.

On the flip side, the Odyssey class being the Enterprise F is something we know as players, but not from in-character sources. Just like the Sovereign class - it was in development before the Enterprise D was lost, but the plan was for the Enterprise D to remain in service for a long time and the Sovereign class wouldn't include an Enterprise. When the D was lost, the Sovereign class was tapped for the E.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-27-2011, 10:14 PM
ok there's another thing...i thought Data was destroyed in Nemesis because he ended up blowing himself up along with that big romulan ship that the Enterprise-E rammed...how did he get ressurected? I don't think the nexis is anywhere near romulan space, lol. Does anybody know if there is a story explaining on how Data managed to survive a warp core breach?(assuming that's what ultimately destroyed that Romulan ship).