Lt. Commander
# 1 They all died. :(
12-30-2011, 12:36 PM
Not that it matters in the big scheme of things - but there seems to be a bug or a description error in this mission;

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/l...OFFfailure.jpg

Note the mission states the casualty risk is NONE. However, the mission was a failure and they were all lost.

Dead colonists suck.

Bug reported - if indeed it is a bug. If it's not, the description for casualty risk really does need to be changed.

Thank you!
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-30-2011, 12:53 PM
Tis mealy a flesh wound?

I have to agree with you on the descriptions for the Colonists, even when its a success it says "5 Lost", Why not "5 Resettled"
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-30-2011, 12:53 PM
They aren't dead they are consumed as part of the mission as the description in the mission text states. Threw me at first as well.
Lt. Commander
# 4 Not a bug
12-30-2011, 12:55 PM
The colonists were "lost" from your crew, as they are now at the colony. The only "failure" is that they sustained some injuries. Nobody "died".
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-30-2011, 01:02 PM
They are mearly "Lost In Space"..,.. "Danger WIll Robinson, danger...." :p
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-30-2011, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerilynnS View Post
Not that it matters in the big scheme of things - but there seems to be a bug or a description error in this mission;

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/l...OFFfailure.jpg

Note the mission states the casualty risk is NONE. However, the mission was a failure and they were all lost.

Dead colonists suck.

Bug reported - if indeed it is a bug. If it's not, the description for casualty risk really does need to be changed.

Thank you!
It's te way all "Establish Colony" Doff assignments work - whether it's a SUCCESS (IE the colonists established the Colony and you get rewards - and they STAY with the new Colony) - or FAILURE (They die and you get no rewards) - you effectively lose those colonists either way.

That's whay ALL the "Establish Colony" Doff assignments have the text in red that's IN your screenshot:

These colonists will be permanently removed from your passenger space.

That text was there BEFORE you accepted teh assignment - and I know because I've gotten that particular one many times. The point of the assignment is to have those Colonists establish a Colony, so the only thing in question is whether you get the rewards. They're not 'casualties' though because they're not really 'Duty Officers' per se; just passengers.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-30-2011, 01:06 PM
Should have had a Doctor and Nurse Stow Away on the Transport to fix them up on arrival?
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-30-2011, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
It's te way all "Establish Colony" Doff assignments work - whether it's a SUCCESS (IE the colonists established the Colony and you get rewards - and they STAY with the new Colony) - or FAILURE (They die and you get no rewards) - you effectively lose those colonists either way.

That's whay ALL the "Establish Colony" Doff assignments have the text in red that's IN your screenshot:

These colonists will be permanently removed from your passenger space.

That text was there BEFORE you accepted teh assignment - and I know because I've gotten that particular one many times. The point of the assignment is to have those Colonists establish a Colony, so the only thing in question is whether you get the rewards. They're not 'casualties' though because they're not really 'Duty Officers' per se; just passengers.
Look, I'm not upset - really. I knew they'd be lost from my roster if the mission was a success - I'm not blind to the red text. I'm just saying that the description as to their potential FATE is unclear. In other words, if there is a chance they will die when the mission fails - the casualty risk should reflect as such.

That's all.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-30-2011, 02:27 PM
yes. but i can see by your pic that your holiday party was a success. So at least they had a good time before you crammed them into a shuttle of death.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-30-2011, 02:32 PM
It says right in your screenshot that there were no fatalities, but there were injuries.

So you established the colony with them, and they didn't die, but your assignment was considered a failure because you failed to convey them all there unharmed. They're not dead though, you're just not getting that bonus for their safe transport.