Lt. Commander
# 11
12-30-2011, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ainu
It says right in your screenshot that there were no fatalities, but there were injuries.

So you established the colony with them, and they didn't die, but your assignment was considered a failure because you failed to convey them all there unharmed. They're not dead though, you're just not getting that bonus for their safe transport.
Wouldn't that Equivocate to the Sale of a Commodity?? Poorly done, it is Not Profitable, but you do get something. Well done, it is Profitable, and very well done it is very Profitable, and you get More.

Even if it is Not Profitable, at least it shows as a success. I should think if the Colony was established, even if there were injuries, they all survived, so that should show as a Not Profitable Success???
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-30-2011, 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar_Searcher
Wouldn't that Equivocate to the Sale of a Commodity?? Poorly done, it is Not Profitable, but you do get something. Well done, it is Profitable, and very well done it is very Profitable, and you get More.

Even if it is Not Profitable, at least it shows as a success. I should think if the Colony was established, even if there were injuries, they all survived, so that should show as a Not Profitable Success???
ROFL

[MontyPython] My brain hurts! [/MontyPython]
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-30-2011, 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altexist View Post
yes. but i can see by your pic that your holiday party was a success. So at least they had a good time before you crammed them into a shuttle of death.
It was a HUMDINGER that's for sure.

Hmmmm Maybe that's why they failed. My next batch of colonists need to have stronger livers.

Lt. Commander
# 14
12-31-2011, 07:53 PM
If you sent all male colonists, then unless you happen to have opened a Catholic monastery with no chance to reproduce then I'd say it's a failure.

However, sending all female colonists mean you are opening up convents.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-01-2012, 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Lau
If you sent all male colonists, then unless you happen to have opened a Catholic monastery with no chance to reproduce then I'd say it's a failure.

However, sending all female colonists mean you are opening up convents.
Perhaps the Officer Making the suggestions of Who to send has some deeper Motive when making those Suggestions???
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-13-2012, 06:45 PM
OK, maybe it's just me but this is just too weird.

in my OP - I was confused as to why I have would have a failure if all of the colonist were injured - and yet apparently survived to set up the colony. Hey - whatev... To remind you this is the screenshot:

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/l...OFFfailure.jpg

I mean - it said the colonists were delivered to their new home - but the mission was a failure.

Now to my surprise, pretty much the opposite happens, I had a success - YAY -

but THEY ALL DIED!

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/l...sfuldeaths.jpg

I am sad.

I got EC though - but I am sad....
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-14-2012, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerilynnS View Post
OK, maybe it's just me but this is just too weird.

in my OP - I was confused as to why I have would have a failure if all of the colonist were injured - and yet apparently survived to set up the colony. Hey - whatev... To remind you this is the screenshot:

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/l...OFFfailure.jpg

I mean - it said the colonists were delivered to their new home - but the mission was a failure.

Now to my surprise, pretty much the opposite happens, I had a success - YAY -

but THEY ALL DIED!

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/l...sfuldeaths.jpg

I am sad.

I got EC though - but I am sad....

The think the colonist "Toat" left a letter "s" out of her name.

But that is very weird that two of three died and you got rewarded, but all four in the other one were only injured and you got nothing. I suppose I should pay closer attention to what happens with my colonists to see if they are dropping like flies for me too. I just see the "Success!" and stuff I get and then move on.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-15-2012, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gage27
The think the colonist "Toat" left a letter "s" out of her name.

*cackle*

I needed that laugh - thanks.

But, yeah it's just weird I wanted to just make sure that Heretic gets a head up on the "strangetivity" of the outcomes I've been getting.

Who knows - it could be just me. I am the mission-breaker dontcha know...
Lt. Commander
When a colonization mission is a success, the description of what happened to the DOFF says that the colonist "did not survive" the mission. This is technically untrue, since the mission was a success and the colonist was transplanted to his or her new home on the target planet. Maybe the description could be updated to say instead "[Colonist] has successfully built a new home on [planet]."

The same situation is true of successful refugee missions. Maybe instead of saying they died, the description can read "[Refugee] has found a place in a new society."
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-02-2012, 09:31 AM
'Technically' they DO die, because that's how the game removes duty officers from your roster when doing assignments.

The in game reason is that they left your ship to stay at the new colony.

And I thought Heretic fixed the descriptions a while ago now. I remember NOT seeing that they didn't survive the last time I did a colony mission, rather that they had successfully settled the new colony.