Lt. Commander
# 31
01-01-2012, 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rswfire View Post

/snip

And I'd second it. That's really what I'm calling for too. Quite a few times in recent days I've reiterated these points and generally expressed that I don't want false claims. Really, I just want realism. Internally, they must set realistic goals for themselves (unless they're just terribly managed) so they should be able to tell us what's realistic too. There's no reason to "hype it up" because that's just going to create backlash, mistrust, and a lack of confidence in the end.

/snip

Balance is always a good thing. And thank you.
Totally! FTW
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-01-2012, 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Searcher-Soldier
This. Direct hit.

Especially the parts about people 'dropping things' (as I have been logging in less) and people being understanding about info that is tagged as 'subject to change' which is perfectly reasonable all around.
(although I was happier while my expectations were high.:p)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Searcher-Soldier
Totally! FTW
You know, it's amazing just how many of us are totally civil on here and offer what is clearly good advice with a selfless desire to improve STO for the good of everyone, yet we're so terribly ignored by TPTB.

I mean, we're not even harshly criticizing anyone. It's truly constructive feedback!
Lt. Commander
# 33
01-01-2012, 03:18 PM
Quote:
You know, it's amazing just how many of us are totally civil on here and offer what is clearly good advice with a selfless desire to improve STO for the good of everyone, yet we're so terribly ignored by TPTB. !
Don't assume you're ignored by TPTB. All my interactions with the devs have for the most part been a positive one. See Geko's most recent post about them "ignoring" the players.

Yes, it seems the loudest voices get the most traction (as I'm saddened by my lack of interest in fixing the relatively insignificant healing tribble issue). But I've found treating the devs nicely generally gets the same in return.

Maybe it's my cynicism from working in customer service (and feeling my soul burn away as I did), but now that I'm out of it, I'll be damned if I'm going to treat anyone like I was treated then.
Lt. Commander
# 34
01-01-2012, 05:07 PM
Quote:
You know, it's amazing just how many of us are totally civil on here and offer what is clearly good advice with a selfless desire to improve STO for the good of everyone, yet we're so terribly ignored by TPTB.

I mean, we're not even harshly criticizing anyone. It's truly constructive feedback!
You and me both RSW. the last few "hot topic? threads i have been in have not only been very civil but also constructive. I so hope we will be seeing more of this as this new year progresses. It would be a refreshing change from some of the emotional vampirism we have seen in these forums on occasion.
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-01-2012, 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayvenwing View Post
You and me both RSW. the last few "hot topic? threads i have been in have not only been very civil but also constructive. I so hope we will be seeing more of this as this new year progresses. It would be a refreshing change from some of the emotional vampirism we have seen in these forums on occasion.

Hey! Even us nice people are still exhibiting emotion vampirism. The difference is that we not not scary, we are glittery.
Lt. Commander
# 36
01-01-2012, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeslyn
Hey! Even us nice people are still exhibiting emotion vampirism. The difference is that we not not scary, we are glittery.
Well thats good because vampires don't sparkle LOL
Lt. Commander
# 37
01-01-2012, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Well thats good because vampires don't sparkle LOL
According to Stephenie Meyer they do, lolz...
Lt. Commander
# 38
01-01-2012, 06:10 PM
Quote:
According to Stephenie Meyer they do, lolz...
Which brings us again full circle... Vampires dont sparkle
Lt. Commander
# 39
01-01-2012, 06:17 PM
Quote:
Which brings us again full circle... Vampires dont sparkle

We do now. We are the most frightening vampires of them all. You may as well accept it: you are one, too.

Kira Vampires!

\,,/_ (^_^)
Lt. Commander
# 40
01-01-2012, 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valiant797 View Post
Maybe it's my cynicism from working in customer service (and feeling my soul burn away as I did), but now that I'm out of it, I'll be damned if I'm going to treat anyone like I was treated then.
What you said there is quoted for true. I don't wish anyone to go through that experience even though it would make them understand the "other side" a bit better.

To the OP, nice letter and I hope it will not fall on deaf ears on either party.

Matt