Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 31
01-01-2012, 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rswfire View Post

/snip

And I'd second it. That's really what I'm calling for too. Quite a few times in recent days I've reiterated these points and generally expressed that I don't want false claims. Really, I just want realism. Internally, they must set realistic goals for themselves (unless they're just terribly managed) so they should be able to tell us what's realistic too. There's no reason to "hype it up" because that's just going to create backlash, mistrust, and a lack of confidence in the end.

/snip


Balance is always a good thing. And thank you.
Totally! FTW
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 32
01-01-2012, 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Searcher-Soldier
This. Direct hit.

Especially the parts about people 'dropping things' (as I have been logging in less) and people being understanding about info that is tagged as 'subject to change' which is perfectly reasonable all around.
(although I was happier while my expectations were high.:p)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Searcher-Soldier
Totally! FTW
You know, it's amazing just how many of us are totally civil on here and offer what is clearly good advice with a selfless desire to improve STO for the good of everyone, yet we're so terribly ignored by TPTB.

I mean, we're not even harshly criticizing anyone. It's truly constructive feedback!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 33
01-01-2012, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rswfire View Post
You know, it's amazing just how many of us are totally civil on here and offer what is clearly good advice with a selfless desire to improve STO for the good of everyone, yet we're so terribly ignored by TPTB. !
Don't assume you're ignored by TPTB. All my interactions with the devs have for the most part been a positive one. See Geko's most recent post about them "ignoring" the players.

Yes, it seems the loudest voices get the most traction (as I'm saddened by my lack of interest in fixing the relatively insignificant healing tribble issue). But I've found treating the devs nicely generally gets the same in return.

Maybe it's my cynicism from working in customer service (and feeling my soul burn away as I did), but now that I'm out of it, I'll be damned if I'm going to treat anyone like I was treated then.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 34
01-01-2012, 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rswfire View Post
You know, it's amazing just how many of us are totally civil on here and offer what is clearly good advice with a selfless desire to improve STO for the good of everyone, yet we're so terribly ignored by TPTB.

I mean, we're not even harshly criticizing anyone. It's truly constructive feedback!
You and me both RSW. the last few "hot topic? threads i have been in have not only been very civil but also constructive. I so hope we will be seeing more of this as this new year progresses. It would be a refreshing change from some of the emotional vampirism we have seen in these forums on occasion.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 35
01-01-2012, 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayvenwing View Post
You and me both RSW. the last few "hot topic? threads i have been in have not only been very civil but also constructive. I so hope we will be seeing more of this as this new year progresses. It would be a refreshing change from some of the emotional vampirism we have seen in these forums on occasion.

Hey! Even us nice people are still exhibiting emotion vampirism. The difference is that we not not scary, we are glittery.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 36
01-01-2012, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeslyn
Hey! Even us nice people are still exhibiting emotion vampirism. The difference is that we not not scary, we are glittery.
Well thats good because vampires don't sparkle LOL
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 37
01-01-2012, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayvenwing View Post
Well thats good because vampires don't sparkle LOL
According to Stephenie Meyer they do, lolz...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 38
01-01-2012, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rswfire View Post
According to Stephenie Meyer they do, lolz...
Which brings us again full circle... Vampires dont sparkle
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 39
01-01-2012, 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayvenwing View Post
Which brings us again full circle... Vampires dont sparkle

We do now. We are the most frightening vampires of them all. You may as well accept it: you are one, too.

Kira Vampires!

\,,/_ (^_^)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 40
01-01-2012, 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valiant797 View Post
Maybe it's my cynicism from working in customer service (and feeling my soul burn away as I did), but now that I'm out of it, I'll be damned if I'm going to treat anyone like I was treated then.
What you said there is quoted for true. I don't wish anyone to go through that experience even though it would make them understand the "other side" a bit better.

To the OP, nice letter and I hope it will not fall on deaf ears on either party.

Matt
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:29 AM.