Lt. Commander
S'Kul Fighter Hanger is now "Bind on Pickup", that wasn't necessary dangit !
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-05-2012, 07:41 PM
It's a good thing I already had mine then :p
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-05-2012, 07:48 PM
really is no point... They need the karfri to launch, so doesnt mater if u trade em with someone who doesnt have it...
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-05-2012, 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenMirror
really is no point... They need the karfri to launch, so doesnt mater if u trade em with someone who doesnt have it...
Actually you don't need a Kar'Fi, they work on my Vod'LeH Carrier [Vo'Quv] just fine. They are listed in the description window as being compatible with Carriers & Flight Deck Cruisers - I cannot verify the FD Cruiser since I don't have one.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-05-2012, 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenMirror
Not true,

The Vo'Quv can use the S'Kul fighters just not the Kar'Fi's Firgate.

Cryptic had set it up so that unless you owned the Kar'Fi you could not buy the S'Kul fighters from the NPC vendor; however, you could and still can buy them off the exchange without any problems even if you did not own the Kar'Fi.

By making the S'kul fighters now bound on pick up, players that do not own the Kar'Fi will have no other choice but to buy it if they want access to the S'kul fighters now and players that do own the Kar'Fi can no longer buy the fighters and sell them for a profit on the exchange.

The S'kul fighters are still being sold on the exchange but now they are now all bound on pick up and once that supply runs out you'll have no choice but to buy the Kar'Fi to get the fighters.

The good news for players that still want the S'kul fighters is that there's still quite a few left on the exchange for very low prices but they wont be there much longer and if the sale expires the seller will be stuck with them.

From a business stand point this had to be done to try to boost sales of the Kar'Fi and I don't blame Cryptic one bit for doing it.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-05-2012, 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0Gambit0 View Post

Cryptic had set it up so that unless you owned the Kar'Fi you could not buy the S'Kul fighters from the NPC vendor; however, you could and still can buy them off the exchange without any problems even if you did not own the Kar'Fi.

By making the S'kul fighters now bound on pick up, players that do not own the Kar'Fi will have no other choice but to buy it if they want access to the S'kul fighters now and players that do own the Kar'Fi can no longer buy the fighters and sell them for a profit on the exchange.

The S'kul fighters are still being sold on the exchange but now they are now all bound on pick up and once that supply runs out you'll have no choice but to buy the Kar'Fi to get the fighters.

Well...that pretty much sums up why they bid on pickup now....
So you buy the ship...make sense if ya think about it, tho.
Funny, I own the Kar'Fi and never noticed they didn't bind on pickup.
Not that I would have tried to sell them anyway...