Lt. Commander
# 1 How do you level up so fast?
02-10-2010, 10:22 AM
I've been reading numerous threads over the past few days and I'm absolutely floored at how many Rear Admirals and Captain's there are. How are you leveling up so fast? Are you teaming up with other people, are you playing 20 plus hours a day? What's up guys?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-10-2010, 10:26 AM
Primarily they are leveling fast by having a LOT of time to play the game. If you run thru the missions back to back, and have the time to do it...It's totally plausible to get to RA in about 3-4 days.

There are some accusations of using exploits....I am sure some did do it, but I have no proof.

I did a rough mental calculation based on how many skill points you get per mission, and it does seem that if you have about 18-20 hours a day to play, you could cap out in less then a week.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-10-2010, 10:28 AM
I play a couple hours on weeknights and quite a bit on weekends. I am Captain Rank 4 currently. I havent done any 'grinding' like some folks have. I've just been doing quests and progressing along.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-10-2010, 10:29 AM
if you stick to pvp and story missions, you'll level fast. I actually held back, and am commander 2 now because I levelled up characters on both sides and tried not to level too fast.

Levelling fast in this game means don't waste time, remain doing things that get exp for time spent and always working in content that is at the top of your level curve.

That being said, there's not a lot waiting for you at level cap - so you may as well take your time.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-10-2010, 10:32 AM
Defend missions.

Rince and repeat.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-10-2010, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cordellg2
I've been reading numerous threads over the past few days and I'm absolutely floored at how many Rear Admirals and Captain's there are. How are you leveling up so fast? Are you teaming up with other people, are you playing 20 plus hours a day? What's up guys?
Some people started early, the Friday before launch, in the Head Start program made available to pre-order customers.

Others, as above, simply have a lot of time to play. Also, if you like this game a lot, it can really draw you in.

Myself, I haven't been this into a game in years, but I'm back into the "just one more mission" mindset, and I've fallen asleep at my desk more than once now.

I'm gaining levels, not because I'm power-leveling (I hate grinding and I like to enjoy what's around me), but just because this is my first choice for entertainment right now. Books? Television? Movies? What are those? I can't remember!

I'm just really having fun, and the levels come as a side-effect of this. To me, that's the mark of a good game.

Cheers,

KOS
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-10-2010, 10:49 AM
I am just coming off a nine day vacation from work. I just hit Commander 8 today. I think I played quite a bit but I don't know how someone could stand to play 1hrs a day or more.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-10-2010, 10:53 AM
I was involved in Head Start, and hit Captain rank by Friday. Since then, I haven't been able to play more than 10 minutes per day due to connection issues, so I've been stuck at Captain for a long time. ()

Since I was involved in Beta, I knew where to go, what was going to happen, who I needed to talk to, et cetera. There was no need to explore or search for anything because I knew exactly where everything was.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-10-2010, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LFFPicard View Post
Defend missions.

Rince and repeat.

That is the fastest way.

I'm Commander 2 on my main and Lt 10 on my alt. I could be captain on my main but I purposfully slowed down to let some fleet mates catch up and to not rush things.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-10-2010, 11:23 AM
I knew I was slow, but I didn't realize I was that slow. I've had a character since head start, but I've probably only logged maybe 10 hours of game time at most. I'm juuuust shy of getting LtCmdr. I get maybe half an hour a day (if I'm lucky and I don't get disconnected) which is enough time to run one or two missions. On the weekends I might be able to squeeze in two to three hours. Some days I don't get to play at all because I'm just too busy. For a casual player like myself, I feel there's more than enough content to keep me entertained for months to come. I honestly don't want to rush it and get to a point where I have nothing to do.