Lt. Commander
# 11 Call for help.
01-01-2012, 09:09 PM
When you're in spacedock (or any peaceful area with your chosen officer) They roam the halls just like the unnamed NPCs until you click a button similar to the help button during combat missions. At that point your officer will return to your side for a minute or so before roaming again. That solves the vendor-clutter issue. As for too many scantilly<sp?> clad hotties... I don't see a problem. For those who do, keep in mind that each boff only has one outfit at a time so it'll usually be the same one they use during combat. I doubt too many people will go that far out of character. You'll have some pervs (no offense, I'm with you guys) but most players like to keep their officers decent.

Of course, Captains have more appearance options than officers so any "unacceptable" officer outfit has already been seen on captains in spacedock.

I think the officer-pet idea is great.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-01-2012, 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AviKerensky View Post
The idea has some merit. I would not mind having my XO follow me around.

The problem I foresee is that too many people would have a scantily-clad if not downright slutty woman following them, and that would get old.
agreed - this 'idea' just smells of this happening
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-01-2012, 09:32 PM
Given time, our BO's will likely be permitted off-duty attire as well. I'm sure some player's really do want the whole crew decked out in Merchant wear. As it stands, I have my Exocomp following my Engineer around social zones. Why not the choice of picking my XO as well? It would actually be more Trek.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-02-2012, 07:41 AM
I like the idea of a first officer following you around social areas etc, but I also think a First Officer could also act as your companion on away mission even in a full team of 5 real players. Each having a first officer, resulting in a team of 10 (5 real players and their 5 own first officers). I recently had a bug on the Deferi invasion where I was in a team of 5 and my first slotted Bridge Officer also joined me, we had a team of 6 as a result and I found this accidental game mechanic quite fun.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-02-2012, 08:26 AM
Having an officer / the first officer following around would be really nice - way better than those horta/ exocomp pets, which are after the winter event now so abundant that any claims for cluttering social places with pets should be void anyways.

Quote:
The problem I foresee is that too many people would have a scantily-clad if not downright slutty woman following them, and that would get old.
STO has a teen rating, so basically nothing in STO should be harmful for a 13yo; therefore I'd say that shouldn't really be a problem.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-02-2012, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMoose
I like the idea of a first officer following you around social areas etc, but I also think a First Officer could also act as your companion on away mission even in a full team of 5 real players. Each having a first officer, resulting in a team of 10 (5 real players and their 5 own first officers). I recently had a bug on the Deferi invasion where I was in a team of 5 and my first slotted Bridge Officer also joined me, we had a team of 6 as a result and I found this accidental game mechanic quite fun.
I've had this happen as well and it WAS pretty cool. People would love to have bigger teams for certain things, as well as just having that officer on the ship who was a good friend accompany them to social areas. It would be great for Diplomats as well because then they could look like they're giving the Diplomatic Boff a tour and or (other Diplomatic event here). There are a lot of fun possibilies here, i think i'd show off My android or Borg Officer.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-02-2012, 08:36 AM
Quote:

Most female characters in the game look like that anyway, what's the problem if some want their first officer to look like that too? I think it'd be a great feature, much better than just seeing exocomps and horta's everywhere. Let's not let a few perverts ruin that.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-02-2012, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterSnowblind View Post
Most female characters in the game look like that anyway, what's the problem if some want their first officer to look like that too? I think it'd be a great feature, much better than just seeing exocomps and horta's everywhere. Let's not let a few perverts ruin that.
Agreed would much rather have my XO follow me round I don't even bother spawning the Horta and exo comps I have they mean nothing to me
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-02-2012, 03:18 PM
Quote:

Oh good. Then my large breasted Vulcan officer in a head to toe skintight jumpsuit will look unique by comparison. :p
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-02-2012, 03:50 PM
I said a long time ago and maintain that we shoudl be given a Yeoman pet when we hit captain.

She/He should follow you around in social zones, or at the very least on your ship. Ideally they would chip in with comments whilst you are shipboard.

tbh they would have been an ideal person sat down in an ofice somewhere shipboard through which to the duty officer system was interfaced.