Lt. Commander
# 21 first officer
01-02-2012, 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Restless.Kaiser
I said a long time ago and maintain that we shoudl be given a Yeoman pet when we hit captain.

She/He should follow you around in social zones, or at the very least on your ship. Ideally they would chip in with comments whilst you are shipboard.

tbh they would have been an ideal person sat down in an ofice somewhere shipboard through which to the duty officer system was interfaced.
Yeah having the first officer travel with you on space dock with a dialoge box that has duty officer mission interface makes a nice look compared to the cut and paste first officer pic in the duty officer pull down

Lt. Commander
# 22
01-03-2012, 08:38 AM
They do actually have something like this in Champions Online where you can be accompanied by a Side Kick character so the technology is certainly there in place and then you also have the security team beam down along with the already mentioned pets.

Might make for an interesting idea I guess but I'd rather see them put the playable first officer system in place that was being discussed back at the time of the release of season 4 where you can beam down as your first officer rather than your captain.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-03-2012, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Wolf
Might make for an interesting idea I guess but I'd rather see them put the playable first officer system in place that was being discussed back at the time of the release of season 4 where you can beam down as your first officer rather than your captain.
Would like to be able to send the XO or any department head on certain missions or maybe send some Doffs. As I just cant see my Captain going down every time some kind of flower or something of the like is detected. With maybe a small chance of a recue in case things go awry
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-03-2012, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo View Post
When Kirk Beams in you Know spock will be with him.

We all spend a lot of time developing our crews giving them crew uniforms and running away missions with them yet when we beam to space dock we have no option to take a first officer or a redshirt with us....

Would it not make sense to allow us too have one First officer way team slot that beams to star base with us so that we can choose to show off all the work we put into our away team crew.

I would much rather have my first officer follow me round on starbase than some redundant pet that serves no purpose .

I WOULD RATHER LIKE TO HAVE THE OPTION TO REPLACE A CREW MEMBER IN THE SAME SLOT ..

The code is there and it would add no more lag than having a pet in tow and give us a chance to show off our crew...........
I really want to have a member of my crew as a pet in community locations.

I think it's a great idea.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-03-2012, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfish1
I really want to have a member of my crew as a pet in community locations.

I think it's a great idea.
Thanks man it one of my few wants ...that and some shiney new content when F2P arrives

Lt. Commander
# 26 Companions Officers
01-10-2012, 11:37 AM
If You Want To Call Pets Companions Give Us The Option Via A Vanity Item Purchase To Have An Officer Pet Slot

Lt. Commander
# 27
01-11-2012, 01:20 PM
I think the idea of an accompanying crewmember is great! We can have Hortas and Exocomps and all sorts of other nonsense, why not an actual member of the crew?

Although I would also like to be able to have a choice in playing the captain or the XO on away missions. Sure, Kirk went everywhere, but Picard sent Riker most of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Restless.Kaiser
I said a long time ago and maintain that we shoudl be given a Yeoman pet when we hit captain.

She/He should follow you around in social zones, or at the very least on your ship. Ideally they would chip in with comments whilst you are shipboard.

tbh they would have been an ideal person sat down in an ofice somewhere shipboard through which to the duty officer system was interfaced.
Great idea!
Lt. Commander
# 28 Great idea!!
01-11-2012, 05:48 PM
From the minute i first started playing, i always thought it would be great to have the option to have a member of your crew accompany you where ever you went.
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-11-2012, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SChutter
From the minute i first started playing, i always thought it would be great to have the option to have a member of your crew accompany you where ever you went.
MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY WE TRAIN THEM DRESS THEM IN UNIFORMS...spend a lot of time and credits building them up and basicaly only we get to see them 99% of the time

I want to show boat round space dock with an officer not some lame horta retro hawain barbeque pit pet in tow

Lt. Commander
# 30
01-13-2012, 07:12 AM
Its a good idea, I like it. Hortas and exocomps can already be annoying, not to mention targs.
I think an extra humanoid in the corridor, hall, bar would be a better addition then another animal. These are human (Or alien) Social areas, not petting zoos.