Lt. Commander
# 1 iPhone App
01-01-2012, 06:11 PM
Hi,

I would like to see an iPhone App for Star Trek Online; in particular so that I can keep up with my Duty Officers while I'm away.

What's the possibility of doing something like this?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-01-2012, 11:08 PM
The possibility is there, yes, but the likelihood of it happening soon? Unlikely. World of ******** only in the last year has implemented the ability to work the Auction House remotely, and the game just celebrated it's seventh year anniversary. Coding something of that nature is innately complex, then tack on the fact that each sector block, exploration block, star system, etc. has its own "Current Sector" mission list, it makes things that much more difficult to code for remote DOFFery. Because of that, if they did do a remote system for DOFFing, you likely wouldn't be able to handle assignments outside of your last login point + current shipboard assignments. Granted, I'd be on board with being able to handle my DOFFing while on lunch at work and the like, but the reality is that, it's just unlikely we'll see something of this nature anytime in the near future.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-01-2012, 11:18 PM
Actually Duty officers is one ofthe many things that Cryptic could update the website (and maybe smartphone apps) to use...

Blizzard are doing a lot of this via the Armory for WoW, and other MMO's are slowly following suit and Cryptic could jump on this to add immersion for the game
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-02-2012, 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fijura View Post
Hi,

I would like to see an iPhone App for Star Trek Online; in particular so that I can keep up with my Duty Officers while I'm away.

Fully support!
But need for iPad
Lt. Commander
# 5 Android DOFF app FTW!
01-02-2012, 01:09 AM
Web based would be ok, but as someone recently said in another thread on this same subject - discerning users want a Droid based App for this
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-02-2012, 01:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroIce
Web based would be ok, but as someone recently said in another thread on this same subject - discerning users want a Droid based App for this
Actually if its a HTML5 web app it wouldn;t matter if you use Android, iOS or whatever, all could use it
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-02-2012, 03:21 PM
I believe this is very possible, may be with some unique but not OP assignments related to your real world location, I've been toying with some UI mockups myself
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-26-2012, 12:53 PM
I too would love to see an iPhone/Android/Blackberry(I can dream can't I) app that let us manage the non-ground/space aspects of STO. I'm talking Duty Officers, Dilithium Exchange, Banks, The Exchange, etc.

And may I offer a name suggestion: Tricorder
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-26-2012, 12:59 PM
One of the Devs- I'm going to blame Gozer- said they would love to do it, but have issues with licensing and getting permission from CBS. There may also be technical issues because the missions that are available are based on your location. I personally would love to see an app.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-26-2012, 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fijura View Post
Hi,

Awesome idea..
Closed Thread