Lt. Commander
- Red Alerts have BORG inside them....
also a pretty cool Borg Boss ship, that is FAR COOLER and harder to beat than anything the Space STF's offer. (only Donatra is a bit of a pain, but not actually difficult... it just takes forever to bring her Hull down).

So... why would BORG Salvage be a good thing to get from Red Alerts?

The 480 dilithium are not as big of a draw to play + hunt red alerts anymore...
now we have several ways to earn dilithium... and 480 is not that awesome to begin with.

The REDALERT Chat channel has gone pretty silent since Season "5" launched,
everyone seems to have moved on to the DOFFJOBS channel -> grinding the DOff System.

I even see myself ignoring Red Alerts (that no one else posts in the REDALERT channel!) because i am hunting down a certain DOff assignment.
I reported some of those but it feels stupid to lure other Players to a Red Alert if i'm not even playing it myself.

So... to ease Players into the STF gear, and give us a reason to keep playing Red Alerts when they pop up.

ADD STF Borg Gear to them!

New incentive to play them again AND you get new players used to the STF Loot System.
Which to be fair... the Vendors on DS9, they are just horribly designed, way to many sub Menus.
This could all be done in ONE window...
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-02-2012, 02:14 PM
If these make sense I wouldn't have a problem with them, I could happily understand having EDCs and Rare salvage drop as rare blue drops, I could even be open to the option of Prototype salvage as a very very rare dr (so as tout the chance in there, but not replace the STFs)
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-02-2012, 02:25 PM
Well the Red Alerts supposed to be temporary, and I think they extended them for the Klingons who are finally getting access to Sirius to finish the accolade set.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-02-2012, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
Well the Red Alerts supposed to be temporary, and I think they extended them for the Klingons who are finally getting access to Sirius to finish the accolade set.
I don't recall them being temporary, I thought they wereto replace DSEs? If you're right I'd lie to see them slot over to the event calendar instead, I'm never a fan of content removal for any reason.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-02-2012, 03:19 PM
It would be nice to have Red Alerts drop EDC and Rare and Proto Borg Salavage has well.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-02-2012, 04:18 PM
The problem is that the EDCs and the Rare Borg Salvage are only of use to RA's and higher - the Borg encounters are open to lower levels than that IIRC - although I do agree with the idea - maybe implement it in Gamma Orionis for a start?
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-02-2012, 04:20 PM
Add the Mirror Events to this too...

Red Alerts and the Mirror Events need better rewards, period.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-02-2012, 04:23 PM
Lower levels could still 'collect' them. They just can't spend them until the appropriate rank, and by the time they get there they would have a nice decent stash saved up to buy some decent gear. Plus it would provide an incentive for the lower level toons/ships to join in on the Red Alerts, so you don't get a Red Alert where there is only 2-3 people and impossible odds to win the mini mission... Could be a nice idea... In addition it allows people to start grinding from the get go, and then have something to spend when they level up to RA/VA/End Game...
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-02-2012, 04:26 PM
Absolutely not.
These are not STF's and are not nearly as difficult and time consuming as STF's are, and thus should not give STF rewards.

You want STF equipment play the STF's.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-02-2012, 04:30 PM
Oh come on - I've played plenty of STFs to accumulate EDCs - what logical reason is there for making the players do the same missions 240 times for a set of ground and space gear? I'm sure most of the players grinding EDCs would welcome the change - it's not like we're talking about Eiite gear here.

And for the record, I've earned my M.A.C.O. Mk XI ground and space sets - I'd have much rather had some other choices than running Infected, Cure and KA endlessly...