Lt. Commander
# 11
01-02-2012, 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kostamojen View Post
Add the Mirror Events to this too...

Red Alerts and the Mirror Events need better rewards, period.
This I definitely agree with.

I believe the Red Alerts and Deferi Invasion event should at least have a chance to drop EDC.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-02-2012, 06:00 PM
give em the same chance that prototype has for edc and sure i wouldnt mind.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-02-2012, 06:15 PM
This idea would get my vote, nice one.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-02-2012, 06:20 PM
I agree that the Red Alerts need better gear, however I do not want to see STF specific gear as rewards. Perhaps have the STandard issue gear with the (borg) modifer dropped as loot for the various levels! No ECD's, Salvage, or Tech, just loot with the borg modifier!
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-02-2012, 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam062307 View Post
I agree that the Red Alerts need better gear, however I do not want to see STF specific gear as rewards. Perhaps have the STandard issue gear with the (borg) modifer dropped as loot for the various levels! No ECD's, Salvage, or Tech, just loot with the borg modifier!
Agreed.
Defera ground already rewards up to Mk XI equipment with Borg modifier, no reason that Red Alerts should not for killing the command ship.
Maybe even a unique piece of equipment such as Borg style Plasma beams(true green color and maybe some stats) that would be the space counterpart of the prosthetics.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-02-2012, 06:31 PM
I support this idea.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-02-2012, 06:48 PM
Agreed! I support this idea as well!
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-02-2012, 07:17 PM
The only reason this idea is being floated is due to the grind that is the current STFs. So instead of asking for alternate ways to ease the grind, why don't you ask why the grind exists in the first place?

I imagine it has to do with the fact that players will only hang around as long as there's a carrot to run after. As soon as that carrot is obtained, they'll move on to other things. So, in order to keep people racing for that carrot, the devs decided to make the grind especially grindy in order to keep their high-level population from leaving the game before they can get some more high-level content added.
Based on the time investment just to get the Mk XI space and ground set, I'd say it'll be a while before we see any new high-level content. And if they expect players to get the Mk XII sets, then the wait will be even longer.

But when that new high-level content does come, and it will, you can expect the Borg STFs to lose some of the grind. If they don't reduce the STF grind when there is newer content available, people will simply skip the STFs and move on to the new stuff because the time investment isn't worth the effort or the rewards. So they'll drop the ECD cost, or they'll increase the ECD drop rate, or maybe both.

And the players will rejoice and say in unison, "FINALLY!" and all will be good.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-02-2012, 07:21 PM
This idea i perfectly logical but, I would ask, how many of you have been grinding out STFs?

The reason I say this, because I have now run about 160 STFs over half of which have been on elite. In that time I have earned more EDC and Rare Borg salvage than I could ever use myself and yet only had 2 pieces of prototype salvage.

What I am trying to say is that the number of Elite STFs required to get anywhere with the pruple XIIs is so vast that you will be drowned in EDC long before you finish with STFs... I suspect my entire crew will have MK XI honour guard before I am decked in XIIs...

It is a slow start but you will pass caring about EDCs long before you are done with STFs.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-02-2012, 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Restless.Kaiser
This idea i perfectly logical...
Actually, it isn't. ECDs and salvage are STF rewards. The Borg space and ground invasions are not STFs, therefore it is not logical for invasion events to give players STF rewards.