Lt. Commander
# 1 Counters to new P2W cheese?
12-12-2011, 04:48 PM
Hi all,

Just had a thoroughly unenjoyable game in Kerrat with innumerable objects on screen and where I can neither move nor see anything. I s'pose the Klinks are enjoying their new toys, but I'm not!

So I'd quite like to know how to deal with all this new crap. I'd rather not have to escalate this cheese war by equipping ever BS console and ability I can when joining Kerrat. So what are all these new abilities and are there counters to these damn things?

Aceton Assimilator - I know I only shoot it with torpedos, but does anything clear the power drain?
Crazy *** space-shield - Can this be damaged? Does it move from repel/knockback?
Graviton pulse thingy - This seems to slow me... Can I clear it with anything?
Theta Radiation - Is this similar to warp plasma? Again, can I clear it if someone dumps it right on top of me?

Anything else I should be aware of?

Edit: I suppose out of fairness I shouldn't single out the Klinks. Feds got new crap too.

Can AMS be countered, while were at it?
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-12-2011, 04:53 PM
The only one that is OP is the aceton assimilators. Torps destroy them. Covershield haven't seen one in real pvp. Graviton pulse I believe APO and maybe ST. When hit with eat an engine battery/RMC/EPtE it will help maybe a TT. Theta Radiation I believe clears like EWP, HE helps and things that help with the graviton help mitigate it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-12-2011, 04:55 PM
After my last match I found the best way to counter the coming s*** storm of f2p and console p2w was coming i used alt + f4 then waited for my TOR Beta date and never looked back. You should try it worked great.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-12-2011, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcgoodwrench View Post
After my last match I found the best way to counter the coming s*** storm of f2p and console p2w was coming i used alt + f4 then waited for my TOR Beta date and never looked back. You should try it worked great.
^the only foolproof solution.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-12-2011, 05:00 PM
Awww man

Maybe I should just get Skyrim until the dust has settled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Data
The only one that is OP is the aceton assimilators. Torps destroy them. Covershield haven't seen one in real pvp. Graviton pulse I believe APO and maybe ST. When hit with eat an engine battery/RMC/EPtE it will help maybe a TT. Theta Radiation I believe clears like EWP, HE helps and things that help with the graviton help mitigate it.
Thanks. What exactly does theta radiation do? I got hit with so much stuff I cant quite tell which is which?
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-12-2011, 05:36 PM
I think the theta eats the shields away while warp plasma eats hull. Use Hazard after you're clear. The big space shield can be targeted and shot down.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-12-2011, 06:14 PM
Omega moves you out of the Graviton Pulse and Theta Radiation. Engineering Team clears Graviton Pulse. Theta Radiation should be clear able by Science Team (it's AMS on crack) but if HE actually works then it is plagued with the same problems that are effecting Eject Warp Plasma. HE might clear the effect but if you don't escape the debuff is reapplied and subsequent tics from the HE HoT doesn't clear it again.

The shield is targetable, I believe, but it's still a bit of a pain.

The assimilators are a real pain, especially when there are a few of those Tachyon pets holding you down and draining your shields. AoE only makes the situation worse until you eventually can't turn to bring torpedoes to bare.

Separately these things are a bit over the top, but that they can be used simultaneously is just another example of poor implementation. I know I need to do some actual testing when I get a better chance but initial impressions are not good. Thanks Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-12-2011, 06:37 PM
The best counter I've found is omega / engine battery evasive....RUNNNN! Wait for the spam to subside then return.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-12-2011, 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrefyre
The best counter I've found is omega / engine battery evasive....RUNNNN! Wait for the spam to subside then return.
The ultimate counter to it all?

Play Klingon side.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-12-2011, 07:23 PM
aye...carrier spammm!