Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
The red side as in the Klingons. From most of the people I've talked with in the Klingon Star Empire with my Klingon toon, have stated that the Klingon Faction is really the only side with a "Star Trek" feel to it. The Feds have gotten so fogged up with constant battling and instant action, and have lost the whole exploration and seeking new Civilizations aspect, as well as nurturing peace and diplomacy. The Klingons remain true to their colors, battles and more wiggle room then what you get in the Federation, and not so many missions that it makes your head spin, and I tend to agree with them. Plus face it... Come F2P, everyone currently subscribed will run to the KDF in droves to get away from the F2P'ers that ask the same questions 100s of times over, and spam that chat with sell adds and more fleet recruit spamming... Not that those things aren't occurring already, they are... Just not as bad as its going to so be...

Plus the Klingon faction overall has better ships and items then the Feds, even if they have fewer... Its the old quality verses quantity aspect. At any rate the Klingon faction feels more Star Trek then the Federation, and that's a sad truth...
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-02-2012, 11:01 PM
Unfortunately; the KDF is the Red Headed Step Child of Cryptic, just doesn't get any love.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-02-2012, 11:07 PM
A game that wants to appeal to a broader mass of gamers needs to be action heavy. Obviously, that fact and the ideals of the Federation don't mix that well. Which in turn decreases the Trek Feel when playing on Fed side.

The Klingons, on the other hand, don't have such qualms. They embrace battle, blood, glory and death. So they are more suited to this type of game. So, naturally, people (me included) feel more comfortable playing on the Klingon side.

On my Klingon toon, I don't have to feel bad about blowing up stuff all the time.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-02-2012, 11:11 PM
I made 3 new KDF characters recently. Im going to make 1 more when I get a character slot.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-02-2012, 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DecadeComplete
I made 3 new KDF characters recently. Im going to make 1 more when I get a character slot.
Kudos to you. I've got just the one Klingon, and I find the experience... a grind. And thats purely because I can't relate to the Klingons, at all. I just can't find the drive to actually progress with him.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-02-2012, 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey1980 View Post
A game that wants to appeal to a broader mass of gamers needs to be action heavy.
Disagree.

Quote:
Obviously, that fact and the ideals of the Federation don't mix that well.
Seriously Disagree.

Quote:
Which in turn decreases the Trek Feel when playing on Fed side.
Really, Seriously, Genuinely, Absurdly Disagree.

Quote:
On my Klingon toon, I don't have to feel bad about blowing up stuff all the time.
That's nice.

My Point: While all of these opinions are perfectly valid for you and others, not everyone is going to feel this way. I happen to like STO because of the Federation, not because of the Klingons.

And I say all of this with all due respect.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-02-2012, 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koppenflak
Kudos to you. I've got just the one Klingon, and I find the experience... a grind. And thats purely because I can't relate to the Klingons, at all. I just can't find the drive to actually progress with him.
Hence the term "LACK OF CONTENT," Cryptic way of KDF Content was through the PvP means, and we all know that Guppy went belly up.

On the otherhand I love the Klingon faction, but like my previous comment, Cryptic has made it lackluster due to lackluster content.

I currently have 1LG, 1Cpt, and 2 Commander rank Klinks - total of 4 <-- one per species / I do need a 5th because I am lacking a Lathean
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-02-2012, 11:51 PM
Cryptic denies badly needed content by the KDF since launch and I don't see this changing in the future.
They added C-Store only ships to squeeze money out of the remaining KDF playerbase, taht is how much KDF matters to Cryptic since launch.

I just made a new KDF too to play a carrier captain
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-03-2012, 12:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawks View Post
Cryptic denies badly needed content by the KDF since launch and I don't see this changing in the future.
They added C-Store only ships to squeeze money out of the remaining KDF playerbase, taht is how much KDF matters to Cryptic since launch.

I just made a new KDF too to play a carrier captain
I made a KDF character about a week ago and played it for about two hours. I thought it was fun and interesting. I liked the first city. It was cool. At some point I'll play it more for sure. Still prefer Federation though. And I'd be much more interested in seeing a Romulan faction.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-03-2012, 12:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rswfire View Post
I made a KDF character about a week ago and played it for about two hours. I thought it was fun and interesting. I liked the first city. It was cool. At some point I'll play it more for sure. Still prefer Federation though. And I'd be much more interested in seeing a Romulan faction.
You will find the quote below to be very interesting rswfire. Unfortunately; it was made in a Galaxy far far away a Long Long time ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
.... I've been talking with Perfect World about Klingon Content. It is one of the things I continually beat the drum for with our executive team. STO needs two healthy factions if it is ever going to have solid PVP and territory control games.

Luckily, Perfect World agrees. PVP is a big part of their games. They get it. They want two solid PVP factions as well (as well as a third Romulan faction!). That doesn't mean that I now have an army of people at my disposal to make Klingon Content, but it means that we all agree and that it is going to happen.
Would be neat if Crytic fix the KDF Asap so they can work on that mythological 3rd Faction - I'll jump to the Rommies asap and in a heart beat.