Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
01-03-2012, 01:30 AM
Ironic.

I've played KDF for some time, and in fact I belive that the KDF has no sence of the Trek-Klingons what so ever... They are even more mis-represented than the Federation.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-03-2012, 01:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Ironic.

I've played KDF for some time, and in fact I belive that the KDF has no sence of the Trek-Klingons what so ever... They are even more mis-represented than the Federation.
I agree, the Klingons misrepresented indeed. If we look at Star Trek and what the Federation represent - It makes for a high powered politcal game with a concentration of exploration [STO does not fit the bill]

STO is more Arcadish in nature - (As proven by their Space Combat Model)

Ground - Both Fed and KDF side (Virtual Joke - scan, scan, scan, fight, fight, fight)

STO should have focus on one aspect of Star Trek and the dillemas thereof, instead of trying to encompass the entire Star Trek Universe - STO did for Star Trek what George Lucas did for Star Wars in regards to canon - BUTCHER the Hell out it.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-03-2012, 01:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey1980 View Post
A game that wants to appeal to a broader mass of gamers needs to be action heavy. Obviously, that fact and the ideals of the Federation don't mix that well.
With all due respect, that's just not true. If the exploration/diplomacy parts were implemented in a thoughtful and caring manner, the percentage of combat could be significantly reduced, for all who don't to fight that much (and all others could still do combat-heavy missions).
More importantly, its not just that the game is action-heavy - we saw full-scale wars on the television and it was still Trek. The point is _how_ all this action is embedded. And here, I don't feel any Trek on the Fed side at all.

So perhaps I will indeed try the KDF. Although I am the biggest (!!) Fed fan. But this game just makes it all dull... I'm really sad about this. I just want to have a bearable Star Trek game...
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-03-2012, 01:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rswfire View Post
My Point: While all of these opinions are perfectly valid for you and others, not everyone is going to feel this way. I happen to like STO because of the Federation, not because of the Klingons.
Sure. Whatever floats your boat. Me, I just couldn't get behind my Starfleet Captain ending a bar fight by killing everbody in the bloody room. The mission was "Treasure Trading Station", I believe.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-03-2012, 02:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey1980 View Post
Sure. Whatever floats your boat. Me, I just couldn't get behind my Starfleet Captain ending a bar fight by killing everbody in the bloody room. The mission was "Treasure Trading Station", I believe.
Don't think of it as "killing", think of it as heavily stunning, then having them transported aboard your ship for medical treatment, and sent to the brig. ...
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-03-2012, 02:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirian_darkstar View Post
Don't think of it as "killing", think of it as heavily stunning, then having them transported aboard your ship for medical treatment, and sent to the brig. ...
Hahaha. Perfect!
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-03-2012, 02:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackV7
You will find the quote below to be very interesting rswfire. Unfortunately; it was made in a Galaxy far far away a Long Long time ago.

Would be neat if Crytic fix the KDF Asap so they can work on that mythological 3rd Faction - I'll jump to the Rommies asap and in a heart beat.
I saw that. I do hope we see that this year. It's a new year; anything could happen!
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-03-2012, 02:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirian_darkstar View Post
Aaaaah, what it is to be truly Klingon. To get drunk on Bloodwine, gamble on Targ fights, chase pansy Feds out of the Ker'rat system, make love S&M style with your mistress, and to either die with a blade in your hand or in battle.

QAPLA my brother, QAPLA!
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-03-2012, 02:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rswfire View Post
I saw that. I do hope we see that this year. It's a new year; anything could happen!
It is my wish as well my STO brother, for once I want to play a treacherous Romulan, maybe for once stab both a Klingon and a Fed in the back. Muwahahahaha. Though I think a Breen is better suited for that - remember the Quote: "Never turn your back on a Breen." <- Those Honorless DOGS
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-03-2012, 03:01 AM
[quote=BlackV7maybe for once stab both a Klingon and a Fed in the back. Muwahahahaha.[/QUOTE]

Or to manipulate them into doing it to each other, lol..