Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
01-03-2012, 03:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rswfire View Post
I saw that. I do hope we see that this year. It's a new year; anything could happen!
I doubt the kdf faction will be finished before this year is up. It taken them 700 days so far and we seen little improvement in that time.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-03-2012, 04:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackV7
Unfortunately; the KDF is the Red Headed Step Child of Cryptic, just doesn't get any love.
... They need more story and more personal missions... To say they do not get any love though? ...Time to crawl out from under that rock my friend. My Kar'Fi, Varanus, and Guramba will show you what love they have been showing the KDF LOL. It's tough love but it is good love.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-03-2012, 04:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinkuu_Akagan
... They need more story and more personal missions... To say they do not get any love though? ...Time to crawl out from under that rock my friend. My Kar'Fi, Varanus, and Guramba will show you what love they have been showing the KDF LOL. It's tough love but it is good love.
They removed 24 levels and added cstore ship. Other then reworking first city and difficult that pretty much it for last year. We got grand total handful kdf missions.

Compare to federation we still are haftet baked faction.

Are we better then launch sure but not hard to improve sorry excuse that was kdf faction.

But let's face it the improvement we seen to date only cover the bare minimum the kdf faction has long was to go before it can be called full pve faction.

Based on cryptic track record I be shocked if they done before the end of 2012.

Sorry but I stop trusting cryptic word and promise after season 4 hit and all the kdf improves we had been promised where no where to be seen.

Are we better off now with second 5 then we where before. Sure but most of those improvements are cstore improvements for most part.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-03-2012, 04:35 AM
I play Federation for cool looking ships like the Prometheus, Intrepid (Bellerephon skin) and Galaxy (Venture Skin) while I play KDF for their cool killing machines and Lizard man ships (I found out 'RAWR' means 'I love you' and 'You look like dinner' in Gorn on a STF the other day... Maybe why Gorn are so misunderstood). I'd love to take a Vor'Cha Fed side and Paint it white ("Yeah fell of the back of a D'Kora honest...")

However in terms of KDF grind I made a Liberated Borg KDF Sci and in under a week of play he's MG2 already... Hard keeping pace with the Promotions.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-03-2012, 05:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey1980 View Post
Sure. Whatever floats your boat. Me, I just couldn't get behind my Starfleet Captain ending a bar fight by killing everbody in the bloody room. The mission was "Treasure Trading Station", I believe.
Which is the reason why most of my Feds have been leveled up through exploration. One even hit Ambassador at Commander 3. Of course those involve fighting too but at least you are not blatantly violating every principle of UFP.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-03-2012, 06:04 AM
I really want to know that has happened to the forums. Everyone is so civil to each other, it feels so wrong.

I think the amount of Trek experience you get really depends on how you play your character and which side you can identify with more. Most importantly, I think people are forgetting that the year is now 2409, not the 2370's, so we've had 30-40 years for things to change. Star Fleet really militarized after the Dominion War and the KDF started to conquer everything that moved. To me at least, the lore of the game makes sense on why we have so much pew pew. The pew pew even started with the movies, as a great captain once asked "Does anyone remember when we used to be explorers?"

That being said, I did grind an Orion up (pre level 25 boost) over a Q weekend to get a carrier. The few KDF story missions there are were entertaining its just not my cup of tea. I end up RPing the the character as an Orion separatist, which is the only way I personally can enjoy playing the KDF.

To be fair, I can't stand science toons and so my Fed sci toon gets no love and as only recently started to level up due to the DOff system. But then again, Drow don't belong in space, which might be my issue.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-03-2012, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Vale_Cortez
I really want to know that has happened to the forums. Everyone is so civil to each other, it feels so wrong.

I think the amount of Trek experience you get really depends on how you play your character and which side you can identify with more. Most importantly, I think people are forgetting that the year is now 2409, not the 2370's, so we've had 30-40 years for things to change. Star Fleet really militarized after the Dominion War and the KDF started to conquer everything that moved.
Sorry but I disagree, slight proof of this are the construction of the Luna Class Starships that were created to take the Federation back to exploration. The Dominion War ended, as a result we should have seen a return to peace.

What HAPPENED was Cryptic abysmal writing (Fanboy at its BEST - Honestly I think they all came from the Voyager Star Trek Series writing staff) - They wanted to encompass the entire Star Trek Universe and made a mess of its lore. Granted that Cryptic are not the Keepers of the Lore (That's CBS Job) but to insinuate that the Alpha Quadrant turned into an inferno and a battle zone is heresy, if not down right ludicrous. Contrary to popular belief - Klingons are not Blood thirsty War Hounds that engage in endless battle and pick needless fights without a true reason (Crytpic fanboy writing strikes again.

To suggest that the Gorn, Nausicaans, latheans, and the Orion all folded so easily was Cryptics fanboy writing, just to give us more species for the Klinks - (Talk about a lack of creativity)

Quote:
To me at least, the lore of the game makes sense on why we have so much pew pew. The pew pew even started with the movies, as a great captain once asked "Does anyone remember when we used to be explorers?"
A misquote from one of Picard's statement - which was in reference to the current crisis he was facing. I know, to you, the lore of the game makes sense, but speaking in general the lore of the game crapped all over the actual lore of Star Trek - To even have CBS give permission to STO to make another Enterprise is down right appalling. Goes to show you how downhill Star Trek has gone, everything from Rick Berman and his clowns to CBS granting permission to STO to design the NEXT Enterprise, this is the Enterprise we're talking about, not the Love Boat.

Quote:
That being said, I did grind an Orion up (pre level 25 boost) over a Q weekend to get a carrier. The few KDF story missions there are were entertaining its just not my cup of tea. I end up RPing the the character as an Orion separatist, which is the only way I personally can enjoy playing the KDF.
Its sad when players have to rely solely on RP'n, knowing the simple solution lies in Cryptic spending more energy on fleshing out the KDF faction. The KDF Faction shows true potential and is far more interesting than the Federation - its just that Cryptic has left the building in regards to treating the KDF with respect.
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-03-2012, 07:42 AM
Quote:

Those nice people are the Sparkly Vampires. We actually covered this the other day. :p
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-03-2012, 09:59 AM
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiveman5
Tired of Losing the Star Trek Experience? Switch to the Red Side!
And do what?
8 great storyline missions, a whole bunch of grinding and some PvP that always ends with cries of "OP" regardless of the outcome?
Or shall they tour Qo'nos again just for fun?

I'm all for having more players make a Klink (if only for the curioisity) or join the faction as a fully immersed fan, but until they KDF has a sufficient amount of PvE gameplay that immersion is just lazilly rolling around our ridged ankles.....

There is no more "Star Trek" feel to the KDF than there is on the blue side at the moment, unless you read the DOff missions. I think all the "ST feel" went into them instead.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-03-2012, 10:03 AM
i'm at 5 FEDs and just leveling my 3rd KDF

being able to finally play an Orion with all Orion Ships is NICE
having to PAY for every single one of the 3 Ships... not so much.