Lt. Commander
# 1 Fleet Admiral Rank????
12-17-2011, 08:14 PM
Hey weren't we spose to get fleet admirals and our own fleets with season 5??? I remember reading that somewhere but dont remember where...
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-17-2011, 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumblestrip View Post
Hey weren't we spose to get fleet admirals and our own fleets with season 5??? I remember reading that somewhere but dont remember where...
nature of the beast, things change get pushed back and or changed with out any notice. it's Cryptic's Modus operandi and if seven years of criminal justice study has shown me is that MO's are a hard thing to brake.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-17-2011, 09:37 PM
Well, with the huge changes that came over from Tribble, I think they decided to call it S5 instead of S4.5 or something so it looks cool for when the game goes F2P, but I'm sure we'll see some of the promised S5 changes (give us some fleet love) after F2P goes live.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-17-2011, 10:55 PM
Yeah they called the F2P build Season 5 so I'm guessing fleet stuff is now 6 or 7
Lt. Commander
# 5 Fleets?
12-27-2011, 08:27 AM
How would that even work? I have 4 rows of toolbar filled with powers, abilities, etc... already. Unless the ships just follow you around like a Fleet Support (engineer power) ship things will get very cluttered on screen.

That said: I love the idea. I've been rolling an idea around my head for a long time about promoting a couple of my officers to captain and giving them spare ships from my dock. Assign other officers to man stations on those ships... It would rock.

I wonder how intricate the fleet plan is.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-28-2011, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnStreutker View Post
How would that even work? I have 4 rows of toolbar filled with powers, abilities, etc... already. Unless the ships just follow you around like a Fleet Support (engineer power) ship things will get very cluttered on screen.

That said: I love the idea. I've been rolling an idea around my head for a long time about promoting a couple of my officers to captain and giving them spare ships from my dock. Assign other officers to man stations on those ships... It would rock.

I wonder how intricate the fleet plan is.
i believe at most it will be a couple ships that basically act like combat pets, like the extra parts of the MVAM or carrier pets.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-31-2011, 04:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenkari
i believe at most it will be a couple ships that basically act like combat pets, like the extra parts of the MVAM or carrier pets.
Hopefully we can use our own ships and such, plus outfit them to how we want. Carrier-like commands may come into play.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-31-2011, 10:52 AM
Quote:
It will probably be featured than that. WE will probably have some control over out pet ships. Similar to the controls that we have our BOffs on the ground. Fleet Admiral play will become a lot more tactical. Heck it might even be Starcraft-esqe play in which we can take over a unit to pilot it directly ourselves. (OK probably won't happen, but I can dream can't I?).
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-01-2012, 06:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinsofasolarempire
Hopefully we can use our own ships and such, plus outfit them to how we want. Carrier-like commands may come into play.
if we can use our own ships, you would have to keep those ships geared up or else they would just be cannon fodder.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-01-2012, 03:44 PM
Quote:
if we can use our own ships, you would have to keep those ships geared up or else they would just be cannon fodder.
Perhaps we could jump between our ships, when this happens, the AI takes over from the ship you just had. Consoles with different levels of AI might make this a bit different.