Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 41
01-04-2012, 07:02 AM
What makes TSI so "powerful"?
Teamwork.
Try working together feds. We do on the red side..
It's what makes us so OP.
Not our consoles, or our ships.
instead of hoarding your heals & saving them for yourself, use them on the fed getting attacked.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 42
01-04-2012, 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danijela.S View Post
Consoles are not the problem, imo. The team work is Those 4 bops that lured me into ambush, would have killed me without theta radiation. Anyways, I have been witnessing "friendly" call, as the 3 of Spanish inquisition came to kerrat couple of nights ago. That was another story. Nothing was OP, it was team work vs team work. It was really good fight night.

Also, one interesting situation yesturday, directly explaining the fed problem. There was friendly carrier floating around, I was attacked, with a bunch of feds around me. Guess what, NO fed tossed a heal, and of course carried did. Feds cooperating between themselves is something that is non existent in this game (apart fleet members, i guess). I dont know if it is due the great numbers of fed players, or something else. They just dont know to access situation, read whats happening around them, and that is the problem.
Just my 2 cents.
Indeed you hit the nail on the head here Danijela.
Lack of teamplay and selfcentered ego ships are the federations biggest handicap in dealing with the KDF.
I have 2 fed VAs myself, a tac and a sci that i havent played for months.Whenever i "returned" to the blue side i was so negatively impressed by the lack of even basic teamwork and support that it discouraged me completely.I many times had my Defiant sharing its scarce heals to a Galaxy Class in need, only to blow up right next to it a few moments later because it never returned the "favor".When i pm the pilot asking "why ?" the typical response was something in the direction " I m no healer ship"...
Too many feds care only about themselves.Some are totaly anaware of when and how to heal.Its Comic tragic but as fed i ve actualy recieved pm inqueries asking me "how do you heal another ship?"...
The KDF most of the time dont even need any communication (in the form of type chat or voice ) in order to coordinate and provide basic support.Its just part of their game.When there are two or more BOPs they simply know how to COMBINE FORCES and HEALS when needed to achieve the win.This is what makes playing KDF so much more fun and effective.This is why i m reluctant to go back to my fed chars.

Starwrath,if you ever try and level a KDF char yourself and play the BOP in Kerrat and PvP you will be amazed about how "WEAK" and FRAGILE these vessels truly are.What you percieve now as super OP Klings with their battle cloaks and consoles is a false impression because you lack the experience of the KDF side.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 43
01-04-2012, 07:57 AM
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoinitright View Post
What makes TSI so "powerful"?
Teamwork.
I disagree.
Its not just teamwork that makes TSI such a pleasure to fight against.
Its the fact they do not design thier builds just for solo combat and not only use teamwork but an overlapping of ability to give themselves a better effect as a team in combat.

Most feds seem to think that they should be competant by themselves against single or even multiple opponents, and cry loudly when they fall to the wolf-pack tactics and teamwork of the KDF.
They then blaim this lack of "kirkness" on things like consoles (which is not completly offtarget if reliable counters do not exist), our cloaking, Cannons, and turnrate differences, rather than looking to themselves and thier lack of cohesiveness as a fighting unit.

TSI is feared becuase they work as a team, fight as a team and design themselves towards that purpose.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 44
01-04-2012, 07:59 AM
Team work is the most important thing yes, but the consoles also help, if they didn't give you an advantage you wouldn't them.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 45
01-04-2012, 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantheras View Post
Starwrath,if you ever try and level a KDF char yourself and play the BOP in Kerrat and PvP you will be amazed about how "WEAK" and FRAGILE these vessels truly are.What you percieve now as super OP Klings with their battle cloaks and consoles is a false impression because you lack the experience of the KDF side.
True. Most BoP pilots (flying solo) have a 45 second window of survival if they are experienced in PvP, have a good build and know how/why things work. In a prolonged fight the solo BoP is meat if the linger too long and attempt to Chang it out against an equally experienced fed.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 46
01-04-2012, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USSEnterpiseZ
Team work is the most important thing yes, but the consoles also help a lot otherwise you wouldn't use them.
Ture for both factions and those consoles they individually find useful.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 47
01-04-2012, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Ture for both factions and those consoles they individually find useful.
Agreed, but the Klingon consoles are so much better.

I don't like playing my Klingon any more because its not challenging.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 48
01-04-2012, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USSEnterpiseZ
Agreed, but the Klingon consoles are so much better.

I don't like playing my Klingon any more because its not challenging.
Give it time. the perception of better will flip eventually and so will the complaints.
Some of the consoles just didn't appear to be well thought out from a PvP point of view and function too well in the hands of the Player in such an enviroment.
Such that I consider broken or ill concieved;
The Plasmodic leach, if the drain effects have not been fixed.
The Aceton Assimilator, if one can not kill it easier by direct energy fire as well as torpedoes. Frankly for PvP it needs a limit to how much energy it can convert to theta radiation before it burns out and is rendered useless. Call it a by-product of its weaponization.
The Theta Vent cloud console, becvuase it has a broken counter mechanic.

The other consoles not so much as they have counters or can be countered by teamwork and quick thinking.

Which is why I use the SubSpace Jumper console ( it doesn't directly effect the target at all, heck it doesn;t even break from target effects on my vessel so some who call it unfair becuase it puts my vessel back in thier rear firing arc are not thinking on how to protect themselves. Besides its not like I haven't been in the rear firing arc of a target before the console was brought into STO, why is it any different now?)
and the Graviton Pulse generator ( which is overcome by a bolstering of defensive resists to survive the moment of the loss of turn or speed or by overiding siad losses with the use of Dueterium or other speed enhancing items/abilities. Honestly I've hit runners with this, watched them stall out and then seen them fly away to well past 25km becuase they did hit the old Duet cannister or somesuch)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 49
01-04-2012, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKfourtyseven
You just resubed and had the burning desire to pew pew some kling noobs huh couldn’t find any in the ques so headed to the best spot in the universe to find them dirty honorless dogs. To your astonishment upon warping in the blood trusty klings are ravaging all in sight? While that’s just no fair….ah….huh….mmm.. Wait a second you wanted pvp and you got pvp and now your crying because you got what you wanted or is it you didn’t get what you wanted. Maybe you got what you wanted but not the way you wanted it. Well I want to know what you wanted when you wanted pvp?

-talk about a hard person to please huh-
1° - Didn't said that i wanted to pew pew some klingons noobs, i said that i wanted to play PVP, for the fun of fighting other players in space combat, testing my skills against them, not being spawn camped 5vs1 without a chance of fair combat and being trolled by them, saying i'm noob, only because they (5 KDF players) killed me.

2°- Yes, i wanted PVP and i got PVP, and has you can see, i was just asking if the KDF players were already camping Ker'rat for some time. The other players posted that the Feds are also doing it, so, question answered.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 50
01-04-2012, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainHorizon

...

-everytime you put a "toy" console on a BOP, you loose either defense, mobility, or punch....3 very important things. especially for the tiny no hull/no shield ship that it is. only the top players can fly a BOP to effectiveness.

...
Fyi, using the new STF gear in combo w/old aegis and 4 standard consoles I can get over 10k in shields/siding and 85-86 defense or over 11k in shields/siding and 79-80 defense using non-aegis gear and same 4 consoles (+35% shields, shield boosting sci consoles) on a B'rel. It doesn't have to be nearly as squishy as it was pre season 5.

But, your overall point is correct. Even tanking up a B'rel reduces the effectiveness of non-shield sci skills. Using slots for consoles makes the the ships less effective overall. For example, I've been playing w/a jump console and in most PuG arena's I'm using it only 2-3x times a match (it has a 3 minute cooldown and is situational in effective use).

But, this doesn't mean specific consoles aren't OP/broken. Still, arguably Fed ships released this time last year were OP, now most of those ships had the drawbacks removed there's an even stronger argument they're OP vs most KDF ships. OP consoles (and coveriant STF Shield for example) on the KDF side may be an attempt to balance Fed ships by design generally being better then the KDFs.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:57 PM.