Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
Man, I thought I had seen the trololol of all trolling, flaming and I quit posts here during STO's rocky start, but my God the Star Wars Old Republic forums are completely on fire.

I personally and fervently wish to take back any and everything I ever said about how this forum was run or anyone who ever posted anything I disagreed with -- the worst trolls produced here wouldn't even hold a candle to the ones at TOR.

The forums don't even have a SEARCH function, ffs.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-03-2012, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savnoka
Man, I thought I had seen the trololol of all trolling, flaming and I quit posts here during STO's rocky start, but my God the Star Wars Old Republic forums are completely on fire.

I personally and fervently wish to take back any and everything I ever said about how this forum was run or anyone who ever posted anything I disagreed with -- the worst trolls produced here wouldn't even hold a candle to the ones at TOR.

I agree, the TOR forums is a warzone - STO forums is truly a very Federation type setting compared to all the trolling, flaming, and unknowns that are going on over there. I thought STO was bad, but this is heaven compare to the Hell thats being release on those forums.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-03-2012, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savnoka

The search function was disabled due to heavy server strain--they said they'd bring it back later.

However, the community is pretty jaded and rough with each other.

I think my suggestion for speeder racing was the last time something nice was said between people in a thread.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-03-2012, 01:08 PM
What do you expect in a universe where Jar jar can be an ambassador?
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-03-2012, 01:28 PM
The game was hyped through the roof. There was no way anything crafted by mortal hands could be as amazing as the game was hyped. Is it good? Yep, read the reviews. Is it everything we all dreamed and hoped? No, and people are ****y because of the sheer numbers of people trying to flood into the game. STO was never this popular. Honestly, TOR is a game to spend money on. Good thing STO is going F2P.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-03-2012, 01:34 PM
IMO the trolling that has primarily occurred here has been in response to Cryptic's decision making abilities (or lack thereof). Is the same happening on TOR or is it more player cannibalism?
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-03-2012, 01:40 PM
i know why i did not jump on the hype...
i learned my lesson from STO

first 30 - 60 days in an MMO means, you have ALL the 30-Day-Demo players to deal with that will HATE on the game.
you will have the worst Server performance of the lifecycle of the game.... because EVERYONE wants to play in that time. (do you remember beaming into space as human and onto ESD as your Ship? ...good old pathetic times)
AND not to mention, the longer you wait buying the game the cheaper the reatil box will get.

Why the hell would anyone spend 75 EURO on a Retail box for an MMO that wants money again from you in 30 days.

If i look at RIFT... which isn't that old either, 5 EURO on steam... same for STO... DCUO launched later thatn STO and is already F2P too.

I will either wait for the Box Price to drop to rock bottom or for it to go F2P (which no one will admit it will happen, but they ALL do at some point.)

Anyway, i am happy with STO as my grind MMO, if i want one thing from TOR it's the Story, i may want to play every single char for the Story, but i sure as hell will not give a sh*t about *unique color lightsaber limited time pre order collectors edition item XYZ* ...pffft.

I played the Open Beta for those 2 days... the game isn't the worst i played so far but it did nothing that would made me want to BUY NOW.

So...

Prediction Nr. 1 ...forums on fire and full with trolls. Check!
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-03-2012, 01:40 PM
It should clear up by the end of the month. All of the queens will have to pay cash if they want to keep complaining about their unrealistic expectations of the game and how it failed them.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-03-2012, 01:51 PM
A good indication of why you never play a MMO during the first few months. It's kinda like buying a brand new car during the first model year... no matter how thoroughly it was tested there are always bugs to work out.

I'm interested in the game, but the high price combined with all the crap I'm reading about it means I'm sitting on the fence. I will continue to keep tabs on it but probably won't consider purchasing for at least 3 months.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-03-2012, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvsaris View Post
A good indication of why you never play a MMO during the first few months. It's kinda like buying a brand new car during the first model year... no matter how thoroughly it was tested there are always bugs to work out.

I'm interested in the game, but the high price combined with all the crap I'm reading about it means I'm sitting on the fence. I will continue to keep tabs on it but probably won't consider purchasing for at least 3 months.
Probably a good idea if you're not willing to take the leap. Keep in mind the best opinion and most important opinion on the game or anything really is your own. I'd take everything you read with a grain of salt.