Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
01-05-2012, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornet331 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Considering that all the most Recent "I-Quit" Troll/flame posts here ended with "I am leaving for TOR", I find this to be no great surprise.

xD
And the same people there now do the same.. an wil leave for (insert any upcoming MMO)... :p
Yes, I remember those early days when people on these forums complained about this and that, even the minutia, and then threatened to jump ship / ragequit because TOR was going to be the Second Coming of... MMOs (sure, let's go with that). And now they're probably over there, doing the same thing because the grass there isn't as green as they thought it would be, and threatening to jump ship to DUST415 or whatever new game or MMO will be coming out in the near future.

Good luck with that, constant malcontents, and good riddance :p
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-05-2012, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krtr
I wouldn't say "unrealistic" for a game with a 300 mil. budget, ~5 years in development (...)
A lot of time and money went into the voice acting alone. I heard the script for the game is about 3x the size of War and Peace. But that's just hearsay.

My biggest gripe with TOR? All that money spent making a game that frankly looks pretty good... and not one ounce of actual in-game footage in any of the TV spots. All the spots are all flash and no substance. In an age where games are looking better and better every day, and almost every TV spot for any console game is has a good share of in-game footage in the spot, it befuddles me. Not that I have time to get into another MMO.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-05-2012, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS_Excalibur View Post
It should clear up by the end of the month. All of the queens will have to pay cash if they want to keep complaining about their unrealistic expectations of the game and how it failed them.
I wouldn't be so sure, considering how many people here seem to linger despite being very clearly unhappy...
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-05-2012, 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyMac View Post
What do you expect in a universe where Jar jar can be an ambassador?
The ONLY good thing about the last 3 movies is i can blame it all on Jar Jar.

and i wonder of there is a Maturity level between here and there? i wonder if there is a maturity level diffrence between Star Trek fans and Star Wars Fans?
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-05-2012, 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexsam View Post
I wouldn't be so sure, considering how many people here seem to linger despite being very clearly unhappy...
Jex you have been nailing it left and right the last few days. You go girl!
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-05-2012, 09:39 PM
I knew this was gonna happen. SWTOR was a disaster from the very moment it was announced that bioware was making the game. I don't think they've ever done a multiplayer game before, that is a requirement for a MMO, it would have taught them how class balancing and pvp works. They would have also learned about how community reacts to more than just bug reports and questions about quests.

I'd like to say they copied WoW but they didn't. The class structure is more like an asian mmo with its branching class paths and rail based spaceflight, well need I say more?
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-05-2012, 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayvenwing View Post
Jex you have been nailing it left and right the last few days. You go girl!
Dude. You go dude.

But it's fine, I get that a lot. The avatar is understandably misleading. I keep considering changing it but damnit, I love me some elf...

EDIT: There. Now I can simultaneously display another facet of my nerd-dom AND utilize a gender-neutral avatar.

EDIT AGAIN: Matching signature. Click for fun!
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-06-2012, 12:48 AM
The only thing so far I really used on the forums was the Sith Inquisitor Guide, which seems well done. I'll probably avoid the forums for a while longer.

But I think the game is good.

Is it KoTor 3? I think it's at least KoToR 3, 4 and maybe even 5. There is class-specific content for 8 classes, plus faction-specific content for 2 factions. Due to the shared content elements is is certainly not 16 games in one, but it's definitely more than one KoToR ever was.

And I think Bioware did the multiplayer content admirable. The way players can actually be part of the same mission dialog and make decisions in it is well done. I don't know if there were any dialog systems like this in any MMOs before or not, but I tend to think not.

The game has been almost entirely bug-free for me personally.
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-06-2012, 04:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayvenwing View Post
i wonder if there is a maturity level diffrence between Star Trek fans and Star Wars Fans?
Probably about the same level of maturity as Transformers fans - which is about the same as the Star X fandoms.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-06-2012, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint01
From what I saw there were a lot of butthurt WoW players playing TOR that were irked because their favorite feature wasn't in the game, yet. They assumed it was going to launch bug free. MMOs don't do that, and they never estimate the number of people coming in to play initially. They had long queues and not enough servers. They opened more and the queues have thus far, vanished. At least I've not seen any on my server.

It's more or less a contingent of whiny pre-teens and WoW Fan boys raging for one reason or another. It'll settle down. Brass tacks, BioWare made a great game, that will only get better with refinement. They didn't suffer the time constraints to push it live that Cryptic did with STO.
I did enterprise-scale ERP consulting (assessment, planning, configurations, implementations and upgrades) for several years of my professional career, and whether it's 'whiny pre-teens' or unrealistic corporate Vice Presidents, you always get complaints and gripes at launch. Shrug.

Performance level is NEVER guaranteed, whether you're talking about a game or a corporate treasury management package. If it runs, if you can log into it and if you can execute processes in it, then the job is done. If it doesn't run fast enough for you, then complain to your IT department. Or have mom n' dad buy you a faster PC.