Lt. Commander
# 31
01-03-2012, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JadRaynar
Question. If STO is going FTP Jan 17 and I have a paid subscription until March, what's going to happen with the time that I paid for?
You will be a Gold member from January 17th til such time that you either cancel your subscription, or Cryptic/PWE is unable to bill you for your subscription.

At that point you will become a Silver member.
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-03-2012, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigadoom
Yeah, let's see how this turns out
Bets on how much of it will be c-store items?
Lt. Commander
# 33
01-03-2012, 04:02 PM
yay someone's dangling the content carrot in front of us again/. and something about fleets. Any bets to if TOR gets fleet bases before STO?
Lt. Commander
# 34
01-03-2012, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohNyNorMuS View Post
yay someone's dangling the content carrot in front of us again/. and something about fleets. Any bets to if TOR gets fleet bases before STO?
I would like a deathstar please…
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-03-2012, 04:07 PM
Mark me down in the "Believe it when I see it" column. Too many lies and broken promises in the last year to be very hopeful.

I will say this, if I see the Odyssey available exclusively in a grab bag or similar stupidity, this game will have lost a customer.
Lt. Commander
# 36
01-03-2012, 04:16 PM
Quote:
March should also see the first expansion for the Duty Officer system
Yay! More NEW CONTENT for us all to play with!

Seriously, the DOff system is awesome, time consuming, entertaining... what more could you want in content? :-D
Lt. Commander
# 37
01-03-2012, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstocbr
I will believe it when I see it, and when we see it it will appear in the C-Store I am sure .

+1

this has all been said before

and the next thing they promise us is that there will be no more than 2 weeks downtime between Featured Series :p

+ i do not care to join a fleet, so "fleetprogression"... whatever that means will either be wasted dev time as far as i am concerned... or be something that unlocks things that should have nothing to do with it, so that i feel forced to join a fleet after all. *not sure if bad, but sure as hell nothing good for ME*

PVP.... lol...?
Don't you dare to promise us anything PvP related if you won't deliver, the PvP crows has been angry enough for a long time.

Foundry.... yay hopefully this means also a better working UI and better thought through reward System.

But what i want to see is Exploration 2.0
STAR TREK is supposed to be about Exploration... going where no one has gone before ...and all that.
Yet we fly around in a Random kill 5-Thrashmobs BOX which is pure repetitiveness ... and bugged to hell.
this has been just as abandoned as PVP.

So if you redo PvP (there is no fixing it, start from scratch please!), then Exploration has to be next.
Lt. Commander
# 38
01-03-2012, 04:42 PM
I am slowly becoming convinced that Cryptic think STO is a sandbox game: they provide the shinies and some tools, and people create their own story, a la paper-n-pen rpgs. Unfortunately, the "tools" part hasn't really come to anything, but they keep pumping out the shinies anyway, convinced that the lack of new ways to dress up is the only thing holding the game back.

What are the odds that the Odyssey will just be added to the game (*cough*c-store*cough*) with no associated missions, no in-universe fanfare, and not even NPC chatter saying "have you seen the new Enterprise"?
Lt. Commander
# 39
01-03-2012, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
+1

this has all been said before

and the next thing they promise us is that there will be no more than 2 weeks downtime between Featured Series :p

+ i do not care to join a fleet, so "fleetprogression"... whatever that means will either be wasted dev time as far as i am concerned... or be something that unlocks things that should have nothing to do with it, so that i feel forced to join a fleet after all. *not sure if bad, but sure as hell nothing good for ME*

PVP.... lol...?
Don't you dare to promise us anything PvP related if you won't deliver, the PvP crows has been angry enough for a long time.

Foundry.... yay hopefully this means also a better working UI and better thought through reward System.

But what i want to see is Exploration 2.0
STAR TREK is supposed to be about Exploration... going where no one has gone before ...and all that.
Yet we fly around in a Random kill 5-Thrashmobs BOX which is pure repetitiveness ... and bugged to hell.
this has been just as abandoned as PVP.

So if you redo PvP (there is no fixing it, start from scratch please!), then Exploration has to be next.
Whu!? Don't crush my hopes! The fact that they even mentioned PVP is SOMETHING(yeah I know, see it to believe it). I'd be ok with redo of PvP. Start by removing the ques(only for private matches) and go from there. They know what we want!
Lt. Commander
# 40
01-03-2012, 04:48 PM
Ambassador Class?