Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Lt. Commander
Just some observations. The sovereign does not look right compared to the one in the movies. Especially the nemesis one, which btw is the best one. The pictures from the link below show more of how the Sovereign should look.

http://bridgecommander.filefront.com.../File/119064/2

I love the sovereign class ship as many others in the game seem to as well and making changes to make the ship look more like it should from the movies would make our game experience even better. Also a sovereign bridge that looks like the one from the Enterprise -E would be awesome too!

http://www.utopiaplanitia.info/entebridge.html

Link provides some details of the changes made from First Contact to Nemesis. Specifically the tones on the ships hull, the overall shape of the ship, the phaser arrays and torpedo launchers added after the refit (not suggesting that you add as many launchers in the game that are present, but add them in the structure of the ship for appearances).

http://www.ditl.org/index.php?daymain=/pagarticle.php?5

The conforming shields would be great too! Some players prefer the bubble shields. Perhaps the shield type could be adjusted by the user?

http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/in...ds-nemesis.jpg

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-03-2012, 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Bridger
Just some observations. The sovereign does not look right compared to the one in the movies. Especially the nemesis one, which btw is the best one. The pictures from the link below show more of how the Sovereign should look.

http://bridgecommander.filefront.com.../File/119064/2

I love the sovereign class ship as many others in the game seem to as well and making changes to make the ship look more like it should from the movies would make our game experience even better. Also a sovereign bridge that looks like the one from the Enterprise -E would be awesome too!

http://www.utopiaplanitia.info/entebridge.html

Link provides some details of the changes made from First Contact to Nemesis. Specifically the tones on the ships hull, the overall shape of the ship, the phaser arrays and torpedo launchers added after the refit (not suggesting that you add as many launchers in the game that are present, but add them in the structure of the ship for appearances).

http://www.ditl.org/index.php?daymain=/pagarticle.php?5

The conforming shields would be great too! Some players prefer the bubble shields. Perhaps the shield type could be adjusted by the user?

http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/in...ds-nemesis.jpg

Thanks!
As much as I agree with you that the Sovereign needs a bit of a scrub-up, Captain Logan has sadly stated that he has no intention on re-visiting the ship any time soon due to his work load. For everything he adds or changes in his schedule, everything else gets pushed back.

I wouldn't expect much before F2P to be honest, and certainly not before the next featured series and the Enterprise F's release.

Personally, I'm holding out hope on a +1 Assault Cruiser... The Sovereign is great, but it seems to me that if Cryptic continues to add things like the MVAM, C-Store consoles and Jem Hadar attack ship, the current flight of T5 ships will fall behind the curve.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-03-2012, 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koppenflak
Personally, I'm holding out hope on a +1 Assault Cruiser... The Sovereign is great, but it seems to me that if Cryptic continues to add things like the MVAM, C-Store consoles and Jem Hadar attack ship, the current flight of T5 ships will fall behind the curve.
That makes 2 of us. If the Sovereign were to get a +1 i think the console should be a Qauntum console that fires like the one in the movies. Firing about 4 torpedoes per volley would be about right. At least to me. Which reminds me my current sig is off I don't use M'Tekk much anymore. Time to use my Sovereign using toon.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-04-2012, 10:53 PM
I'm fine with the appearance of the Sovereign-class but I think it's tragically underpowered. There's no reason why the T5 Excelsior-class that's been rolling off the lines since the 2280s should be more powerful than a ship that's barely 35 years into its useful life.

Basically the Sovereign should have the boff layout of the T5 Excelsior and some sort of optional console, while something else should be the Rear Admiral assault cruiser option. Maybe the Ambassador-class could fill the role. Granted, if it had been my call I'd have made the Nebula-class the T4 cruiser and the Galaxy-class the T5 assault cruiser, but that ship has sadly sailed.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-04-2012, 11:12 PM
Cryptic sadly dropped the ball on the sovereign, both inside and out. They made a ship that's design is centuries older an equal, or better, depending on how you look at it. They didn't seem to bother looking at pics of the ship to get the design right. They not only never designed a bridge for it, but repainted bridges they already had and said "here you go, the sovereign bridge pack." Nobody at cryptic seems intrested in fixing anything with it. They are too busy designing things we don't need like a lirpa and a bat'leth that glows, snowballs, a new economy system that I am not even sure if I like yet or not, a messed up crafting system, or a bunch of other things I either won't play with much, or have no intrest in at all. I am not even sure if they read the threads about us wanting a better sovereign class ship or not, but either way, I have no faith in them ever doing anything for it. I wish that they would though. The sovereign class deserves better than what has been done with it, and I would have prefered a refit over just about anything that has been done for F2P or season 5 so far.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-05-2012, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanetOfHats View Post
I'm fine with the appearance of the Sovereign-class but I think it's tragically underpowered. There's no reason why the T5 Excelsior-class that's been rolling off the lines since the 2280s should be more powerful than a ship that's barely 35 years into its useful life.

Basically the Sovereign should have the boff layout of the T5 Excelsior and some sort of optional console, while something else should be the Rear Admiral assault cruiser option. Maybe the Ambassador-class could fill the role. Granted, if it had been my call I'd have made the Nebula-class the T4 cruiser and the Galaxy-class the T5 assault cruiser, but that ship has sadly sailed.
How long have we been asking for fixes for that wonderful ship design?

I have both the T5 Adv Cruiser and Sovvy and they firepower the former packs puts the Sovereign to shame. It just does not make sense, specially when you remember First Contact opening scene (it blew up a borg cube with a single quantum salvo!).

We can only hope they come up with something like a 5.5 Sovvy... or maybe a skin for the new Enterprise? Anything that does justice to the ship...
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-05-2012, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_nei
How long have we been asking for fixes for that wonderful ship design?

I have both the T5 Adv Cruiser and Sovvy and they firepower the former packs puts the Sovereign to shame. It just does not make sense, specially when you remember First Contact opening scene (it blew up a borg cube with a single quantum salvo!).

We can only hope they come up with something like a 5.5 Sovvy... or maybe a skin for the new Enterprise? Anything that does justice to the ship...
That was the remainder of the fleet wasn't it, rather than just the Enterprise by itself? I'm sure the Akira's, Norway's and Sabre's all focused on the same spot too as I remember seeing an Akira fire a salvo of photons before being popped itself by the Cube's explosion.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-05-2012, 11:14 AM
I think he refers to the scene after the Enterprise goes thru the rift and is in earth's past when there is the single borg sphere firing on the earth.

Oh god forgot how much a geek I am ;-)
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-05-2012, 11:17 AM
As a side I must admit I fly the Sovy almost all the time and she does need a over haul, I would be happy with dropping the Ensign and Lt. Tac slots and just give her a Lt. Cmdr slot tac officer. Still I love her even just one tact console slot extra would be nice but with F2P and season 6 not sure we will see anything.

I live in hope, Cryptic I am open to ideas folks ;-)
Lt. Commander
# 10 totally...
01-05-2012, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwoodcock01 View Post
As a side I must admit I fly the Sovy almost all the time and she does need a over haul, I would be happy with dropping the Ensign and Lt. Tac slots and just give her a Lt. Cmdr slot tac officer. Still I love her even just one tact console slot extra would be nice but with F2P and season 6 not sure we will see anything.

I live in hope, Cryptic I am open to ideas folks ;-)
I agree. I would sacrifice an Ensign and Lt. bridge tac slots to get (1) Lt. Cmdr tactical slot.