Lt. Commander
# 1 Reasons
01-05-2012, 08:15 AM
I like PvP in this game. But realy we need more reason to PvP then just to see the Boom when a klink or Fed goes. We dont even have a kill to death ratio to look at. Would be nice to see how many kills i have total for my PvP career campaired to my deaths. Give us a penelty for going BOOM. I say of you die in PvP you end up in your home system in a shuttle and you ship is in drydocks for 2 hrs and no PvP for you till its fixed.

We need new blood in the PvP world. F2P will bring some but not as much as would be nice. PvP ques suck. Why? Cause there is no point in it. Why sit in a que to join a match that in the end benifits us not at all.
For the PvP. I can do that in Kerrat and get Dilithium at the same time. Better then some XP and the chance to kill Feds 15 times.

PvE players get to do STF for shiny new toys on their ships and Character. Let PvPers have shiny new stuff too. Some PvPers dont do or like PvE and end up doing STF for the Borg set. But make the gear PvP centered.

And a Idea I love. Let us disable our foes ships and then beam over for ground/ship board PvP. It mixes both space and ground PvP and would be in line with how combat works in ST universe. Heck if you disbale the ship and board it and then take it over let the winner use that ship against the losers team for a hr or so or let them have the spoils of war and keep it.

The state of PvP doesnt give players much reason to improve or new people who end up dead 20 times thier first time out and deside to go back to PvE a reason to keep at it. This is espically true for Feds as Old School Klinks had to level off of PvP so we really had little choice in the matter.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-05-2012, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by majires View Post
I like PvP in this game. But realy we need more reason to PvP then just to see the Boom when a klink or Fed goes. We dont even have a kill to death ratio to look at. Would be nice to see how many kills i have total for my PvP career campaired to my deaths. Give us a penelty for going BOOM. I say of you die in PvP you end up in your home system in a shuttle and you ship is in drydocks for 2 hrs and no PvP for you till its fixed..
I am with you but this will just kill PvP and hurt economically challenged players that maybe only have one ship or someone that just got to max level and only has one max level ship. Rewards for where you rank if you win for kills, deaths, heals, and DPS not DoT but raw DPS.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-05-2012, 10:24 PM
PvP is a challenge.

Too bad that people try the challenge, lose, and then are lazy to retry it again... and then come back to PvE, where everything shines and it's really easy to destroy..
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-05-2012, 10:57 PM
I agree w/PvP gear drops.

I agree w/the idea of a death penalty(open PvPvE areas)/match loss penalty of some sorts. Though I'd have it be tempered in someway or you'll wind up w/a lot of cross healing cruiser fests to avoid death penalties.

Not a fan of kill boards as people tend to gravitate to being a top the kill board which draws away from support roles which don't do much damage or heal much. I'm fine w/the end of match boards and think they should lengthen the end of PvP match timers.

Also, there's a thread w/a dev/gm post in it for PvP suggestions you may want to add your thoughts to.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-06-2012, 02:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamid
I
Also, there's a thread w/a dev/gm post in it for PvP suggestions you may want to add your thoughts to.
too bad nothing suggested (aside from major game balancing issues with powers and other things of that nature) are ever listened too anymore. the closest we got to something new was that "open pvp" convoy raiding thing that was so badly bugged/implimented on tribble. was there for a week or so then pulled and never heard from again.

-has lost all faith in this company until theres something concrete to put faith into-
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-06-2012, 03:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by majires View Post
And a Idea I love. Let us disable our foes ships and then beam over for ground/ship board PvP. It mixes both space and ground PvP and would be in line with how combat works in ST universe. Heck if you disbale the ship and board it and then take it over let the winner use that ship against the losers team for a hr or so or let them have the spoils of war and keep it.
Not that I bother to log in to STO much these days but do that and I'll never PvP in STO again. When I play STO it is usually for space PvP (space combat in STO is the only reason I come back to the game at all), make me do ground and I'm out.